Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:15:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will happen when facebook gets replaced by blockchain??  (Read 342 times)
vuhoang1giang

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:22:17 AM

it can be, but not soon

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Austin Alexis

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:00:26 PM

I can't see youtube being around much long either. The way they are screwing over their content creators mystifies me. You can only slap them across the face so many times before they go elsewhere. Im already seeing a small exodus to platforms like steem although I have to say I'm not the biggest fan but eventually something else will come around
Babatunde1989

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:32:59 PM

Yes it can be replaced but its going to be graduate process.
singlecrytpo

Activity: 137
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:52:54 AM

i took a look at algebraix and it looks like they will be integrating some form of social interaction on the app. I'm curious to see how that's going to look....i'm very interested int he idea itself of getting paid to watch ads
GoForICO

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 03:26:19 PM

I don't quite understand the title question. I assume the question is: "What will happen, if a crypto-based platform replaces facebook?" And my answer to that would be: "Just that." Facebook would not be the first community to die due to a more popular successor (e.g. Friendsters, MySpace). And business models like paying users in cryptos for their data at least look interesting to me at first glance.
Baoo

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 03:51:36 PM

In my opinion, it is not the same thing between Facebook and Blockchain, and I do not  think that in this era, there is a  technology which is better and can replace Facebook because it is one of the best organizations,  despite the multiplicity of technologies in the whole internet and in the field of social media but  thet cannot be better than Facebook.
On the other hand, the blockchain technology changed all financial transactions in a postive way and  it has become of great importance in this era. In fact, most of capitalists have become dependent on this technology in their new projects ( ICO ...) .
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 05:54:17 PM

In my opinion, it is not the same thing between Facebook and Blockchain, and I do not  think that in this era, there is a  technology which is better and can replace Facebook because it is one of the best organizations,  despite the multiplicity of technologies in the whole internet and in the field of social media but  thet cannot be better than Facebook.
On the other hand, the blockchain technology changed all financial transactions in a postive way and  it has become of great importance in this era. In fact, most of capitalists have become dependent on this technology in their new projects ( ICO ...) .

We need to wait for some years we may find the facebook's private blockchain in market as well. Then we may find many organization being used this blockchain as well mate. This is how they have promote the react.js collaboration on their applications.

Whatever comes blockchain ledger will be operated for the decentralized cryptos in the market and other purposes mate.
Todychopper77

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:45:57 PM

I don't understand can like that, but I think maybe origin in all countries receive it, and may be more fraud when Facebook replaced by blockchain
BFEditing

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 11:06:43 PM

From what I heard, younger generations are not using Facebook as much. I'm guessing that Facebook won't be around much longer as social media. I could be totally wrong. They just introduced Facebook dating, which makes me think that they're grasping for users.
bornforfreedom

Activity: 203
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:21:56 PM

i see lots of potential in algebraix and how they're revolutionizing the advertising space. has anyone looked into them??

https://algebraix.io/
kramchers

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:32:40 AM

For all the wall that facebook putting against cryptocurrency soon there will be something new.
Yes facebook can do their own crypto.
but if you will search there is ALL.ME !
FB + twitter + trading + wallet = ALL.ME
soon we will have a new platform.
winterland

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:41:41 AM

I'm really curious to see how facebook is going to spin their recent scandal. There have been some really good projects popping up that emphasize data sovereignty of personal data.

My recent favorite is Algebraix. Permission-based advertising platform where you get paid to watch ads and disclose info relevant to advertisers, all the while keeping your personal data private. https://algebraix.io/

I really think it's time we end data exploitation. I'm very excited for projects like algebraix and the implications they have for privacy/micro-rewards for the future. Thoughts?
Facebook is probably not going to be replaced anytime soon, people have gotten very used to share all their information online without even thinking about it, unless something really big happens most people are never going to care again about sending private information online, but I hope you're right and this changes in the near future.
teddyelwyn

Activity: 268
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:54:09 PM

I think algebraix will definitely challenge facebook's advertising model. This is a project to be watching. https://algebraix.io/
Seundavid

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:05:46 PM

This is serious one, facebooks will surely run down because its really going affect them.
awilliams

Activity: 191
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:12:32 PM

This is serious one, facebooks will surely run down because its really going affect them.

Agreed. I can see Algebraix taking a good position in the ad market IMO
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:26:02 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2018, 08:48:14 PM by vintages

This question have been asked so many times here and same reply is what will be received; Blockchain is a new technology, if Facebook ever tried to adapt it, I believe it will be a better platform. Though, recently, this news have been an ongoing one and on once can testify if it will happen or not. And I don't think Facebook or Mark hve made such announcement about it but if they do, it will surely be a great decision. A lot of companies should embrace the blockchain technology.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: