Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:30:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Demand for sig managers  (Read 1063 times)
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5166
Merit: 12865

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:58:37 PM

Recently, a few different people emailed me asking about how forum advertising works, including sig advertising. I tell them about the inhouse forum ads, of course, but I get the sense that they are very interested in running sig-ad campaigns. However, they are not familiar enough with the forum to actually do this themselves, and many seem to not even be willing to jump through the hoop of creating a forum account and figuring out how to hire a sig-ad campaign manager in the normal bitcointalk.org way.

Therefore, I recommend:
 - More people should post in Services advertising their willingness to be a sig-ad campaign manager. Post an email address so that advertisers don't need a forum account in order to contact you, and try to provide some concrete stats (clicks, etc.) of your past campaigns.
 - Someone should compile a list of responsible, anti-spam sig managers along with their email addresses and some explanatory info. If a good one is created, I'll link to it on the adinfo page and point advertisers to it when they contact me directly about this.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 12:44:19 AM

Done. thanks.  Wink

My sig campaign managing service.

EDIT: good that they can't see my negative trust, better to stay that way. don't register accounts here guys just email us. Wink

🖤😏
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2875

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:24:19 AM
Merited by coupable (1)

EDIT: good that they can't see my negative trust, better to stay that way. don't register accounts here guys just email us. Wink
Man your negative trust is so unfortunate!!!
I’m rather new here but I see you got great sense of humor... your sarcasm skills are too damn high... lower it a bit so people can digest.

Sorry members this for off topic reply!!!

Btw I think these “managed signature campaigns”  should have same critire of selection like we have for ads. So whoever going to manage it please consider this.

Ads may not link directly to any NSFW page. No ICOs[1], banks, funds, or anything else that a person can be said to "invest" in;

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:44:54 AM

I think the problem with this request is that many may wish to use altcoins / tokens as a payment method. And in the services section only Bitcoin can be used. Is there any possibility of having a separate section where services that accept altcoin payments are posted, but only altcoins that are already traded on some exchange?

BTW, This AD INfo page has a lot of interest information. I did not know about this.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Maybe it should also appear that there is NO official website, although the most used and accept is the Bitcoin.org and the Bitcoin.com promotes an altcoin.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 05:50:14 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2018, 06:15:10 AM by Lauda

Post an email address so that advertisers don't need a forum account in order to contact you, and try to provide some concrete stats (clicks, etc.) of your past campaigns.
Problem: There isn't a good way to measure impact. Even if you use a specialized referrer in the sig.; someone might check out the service after seeing a signature without directly clicking on it.

- Someone should compile a list of responsible, anti-spam sig managers along with their email addresses and some explanatory info.
I recommended something like thing a while ago to someone, but it hasn't seen the light of day yet. One of the problems with this is that a lot of people encounter very old/outdated lists of this, and semi-spammers link to these on demand as well.

Btw I think these “managed signature campaigns”  should have same critire of selection like we have for ads. So whoever going to manage it please consider this.
Ads may not link directly to any NSFW page. No ICOs[1], banks, funds, or anything else that a person can be said to "invest" in;
That won't work these days. The majority of the 'entities' that need managers right now, need them for ICOs (or similar).

I think the problem with this request is that many may wish to use altcoins / tokens as a payment method. And in the services section only Bitcoin can be used.
Wrong. You can post your thread in the services section, offering a service without specifying acceptable payment methods. You are confusing services that pay out in a certain coin/token with campaign management services.

I believe that there are more than enough managers right now specially after a few new ones made their services visible (e.g. actmyname). The problem might be a visibility one. The services section gets spammed a lot of nonsense.
@theymos would you be willing to sticky such a list in the service discussion section (no first-come-first-served, sorted alphabetically for fairness)?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 01:08:43 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2018, 07:12:46 PM by InvoKing

Someone active and trusted enough needs to create and keep "Overview of signature ads managers" up to date, which contains a list of managers (sorted alphabetically as lauda stated) + their previous works + their emails + link to their proper topic +/- their ratings (1-5 stars or novice-expert).
The managers then should post their application there + a link to their proper topics.

Edit :
I recommended something like thing a while ago to someone, but it hasn't seen the light of day yet. One of the problems with this is that a lot of people encounter very old/outdated lists of this, and semi-spammers link to these on demand as well.
Hope he will finish it soon.
I gave a quick solution above imo.

Edit 2 :
And QS has spoken too, good..

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 01:09:30 PM

Someone active and trusted enough needs to create and keep "Overview of signature ads managers" up to date, which contains a list of managers (sorted alphabetically as lauda stated) + their previous works + their emails +/- their ratings (1-5 stars or novice-expert).
Someone, somewhere in some basement is working on this now. Give it some time.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 02:25:20 PM

- Someone should compile a list of responsible, anti-spam sig managers along with their email addresses and some explanatory info. If a good one is created, I'll link to it on the adinfo page and point advertisers to it when they contact me directly about this.
I can make one. But only thing is that not all managers have a thread with their past works..
People can PM me their info and I'll get to the thread. Or post here(?). But will these also include bounty campaign managers or only signature campaign(ones with bitcoin payments) only? And twitter and other campaigns info too?

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 02:27:59 PM

I can make one. But only thing is that not all managers have a thread with their past works..
They don't need to. I'll leave those cells empty.

But will these also include bounty campaign managers or only signature campaign(ones with bitcoin payments) only? And twitter and other campaigns info too?
One should not be confused with the other. Either 1 thread two lists, or 2 threads with 1 list each.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
pugman
Legendary

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 02:35:19 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2018, 09:28:02 PM by pugman

I have started making a thread,and it shall be up and ready by tomorrow[1].
So what I would need for people to PM me is : Their email or other means of contact,their past works,their method of payment,their fee,number of participants they can handle,whether they can handle bounties or only bitcoin campaigns,and if they can handle other campaigns too.
I'll let the community to be the judge if they are anti-spam managers or not.
[1]If people co-operate enough to send me their details. Smiley

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 02:43:38 PM

So what I would need for people to PM me is: ... their fee -snip-
Doesn't look like you know what you are getting yourself in to.

Quite a bad idea. You should list anti-spam managers, not every random baboon offering their "service" for $25/week while enrolling tens of their own accounts.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
pugman
Legendary

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 02:46:46 PM

Doesn't look like you know what you are getting yourself in to.
I thought about it,the only reason I listed the fee part is that the transparency,some people would like to know how much in general these campaigns cost. I would not force them to disclose anything.
Quite a bad idea. You should list anti-spam managers, not every random baboon offering their "service" for $25/week while enrolling tens of their own accounts.
Don't worry about that,I am not going to list everybody. I have seen good and bad managers. I'll look around for more.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 02:49:30 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2018, 03:10:13 PM by Lauda

I thought about it,the only reason I listed the fee part is that the transparency,some people would like to know how much in general these campaigns cost. I would not force them to disclose anything.
Not listing prices publicly =/= not being transparent. If you were certain about this field, you'd notice that none of the "top or middle tier" managers list prices publicly. It's mostly the garbage low-priced ones that do.

Don't worry about that,I am not going to list everybody. I have seen good and bad managers. I'll look around for more.
We shall see.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 05:04:50 PM

I have started making a thread,and it shall be up and ready by tomorrow[1].
So what I would need for people to PM me is : Their email or other means of contact,their past works,their method of payment,their fee,number of participants they can handle,whether they can handle bounties or only bitcoin campaigns,and if they can handle other campaigns too.
[1]If people co-operate enough to send me their details. Smiley
I have a draft of an old CM thread (WIP). If you want to use anything from there, then I'd be happy to PM it to you. Keep in mind that the formatting is a little off and I had to do some "invisible magic" to get it to work properly.

* though this is old, there are references and max. escrowed amounts on some of the campaign managers.

RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:04:29 PM

Therefore, I recommend:
 - More people should post in Services advertising their willingness to be a sig-ad campaign manager. Post an email address so that advertisers don't need a forum account in order to contact you, and try to provide some concrete stats (clicks, etc.) of your past campaigns.
IMHO, this is NOT a good idea. Scammers will dupe unsuspecting advertisers through email communication outside of BitcoinTalk and this forum will be held responsible for the scam.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 06:06:29 PM

Therefore, I recommend:
IMHO, this is NOT a good idea. Scammers will dupe unsuspecting advertisers through email communication outside of BitcoinTalk and this forum will be held responsible for the scam.
Posting email online doesn't make the service it was posted on liable for any successful phishing.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:14:24 PM

Therefore, I recommend:
Posting email online doesn't make the service it was posted on liable for any successful phishing.
There is a reason why DefaultTrust exist on BitcoinTalk and why scammers only scream when they are marked by DT members (No, I'm not on DT). Forum can be held liable for each and every scam that takes place over here, unless forum maintains a way to tag scammers in before. Hence, when the forum allows a communication channel to be opened outside of the forum for forum advertising, it can not deny responsibility of a possible scam.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 06:16:07 PM

Hence, when the forum allows a communication channel to be opened outside of the forum for forum advertising, it can not deny responsibility of a possible scam.
What are you even babbling about? Outside communication channels have been used (Telegram, Slack, Mattermost, Discord) for this for a very long time. Stop shitposting.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:19:22 PM

There is a reason why DefaultTrust exist on BitcoinTalk and why scammers only scream when they are marked by DT members (No, I'm not on DT). Forum can be held liable for each and every scam that takes place over here, unless forum maintains a way to tag scammers in before. Hence, when the forum allows a communication channel to be opened outside of the forum for forum advertising, it can not deny responsibility of a possible scam.

That could be true if DT members were tagging real scammers only. they are not, therefore negative trust means absolutely jack. DT is used as a weapon and or tool to manipulate people. IMO that is the bad thing for this forum, allowing a selected few to dictate their own terms to others.

🖤😏
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:47:06 PM

I predict by tomorrow we will see multiple threads doing exactly this as they know it will generate them a little bit of merit. Really it should be made by a trustworthy person because if we use the list as a landing page or advertisement then this will be the main source of finding sig managers and if the OP gets backhanders to remove certain people or add someone then it could be bad.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: