Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:19:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC stolen from Blockchain wallet transaction  (Read 975 times)
Dr Bloggood (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:47:41 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2014, 11:10:53 PM by Dr Bloggood

I just transfered about 0.2 BTC from my blockchain.info wallet. There was not even an "Unconfirmed Transaction" after 40 minutes, and so I took a look at my wallets transactions and saw that the BTC had in fact been transfered to a totally different wallet.

I had made about 30 transactions from my blockchain wallet already without any major problems. I scanned the QR code of my target wallet, checked it and just sent the funds ("shared transaction"). I'm pretty sure I didn't make any mistake (and it wouldn't have made the transaction anyways had there been a mistake in the target address).

Never heard of problems like this. I guess my funds were stolen - how is this possible?

And even more important: The rest of the BTC in my blockchain wallet is untouched - how can I get them out savely now? (Made a test with $2 worth of BTC 10 minutes later, it went through without any problems).

Any help is very much appreciated!

MWNinja

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 11:27:58 PM

I just transfered about 0.2 BTC from my blockchain.info wallet. There was not even an "Unconfirmed Transaction" after 40 minutes, and so I took a look at my wallets transactions and saw that the BTC had in fact been transfered to a totally different wallet.

I had made about 30 transactions from my blockchain wallet already without any major problems. I scanned the QR code of my target wallet, checked it and just sent the funds ("shared transaction"). I'm pretty sure I didn't make any mistake (and it wouldn't have made the transaction anyways had there been a mistake in the target address).

Never heard of problems like this. I guess my funds were stolen - how is this possible?

And even more important: The rest of the BTC in my blockchain wallet is untouched - how can I get them out savely now? (Made a test with $2 worth of BTC 10 minutes later, it went through without any problems).

Any help is very much appreciated!

Shared transactions runs things through blockchain.info's privacy protecting service (the receiver will get the amount from different wallets, not your's directly). What you are seeing is normal and expected.
Dr Bloggood (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:17:32 PM

Shared transactions runs things through blockchain.info's privacy protecting service (the receiver will get the amount from different wallets, not your's directly). What you are seeing is normal and expected.

What happened there was not a normal shared transaction. Usually the BTC arrives at your target wallet very quickly, and there are certainly no confirmations for the in-between-wallets.

Is there nobody who can shine a light on what might have happened!?
Dr Bloggood (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:26:03 AM

Ok, I just saw that they were finally transfered, so all is well!

Maybe I indeed didn't grasp how a shared transaction works...however, this took incredibly long, about an hour till I had the "Unconfirmed Transaction" button on the target account. That made my confusion possible.

Over and out.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: