Bitcoin Forum
December 18, 2017, 11:15:58 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MRY] Murraycoin ▪ The Only Currency Worthy of Bill Murray ▪ Now Scrypt-2048  (Read 105458 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gavidon

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 12:12:11 AM

I mined some MRY a looooong time ago, then bought a little. It sure seemed like a coin worth investing in. I figured even if it was never worth a ton, it’d be a fun coin to be a part of. And probably worth something, to be honest.

I’ve thought about it all since then (probably too often!), and checked in on the forum today for the first time in a while. What I still don’t understand is, why? What was the point of it all?

There was a group of people behind the coin (whoever they were, and even if bholzer was the leader, it wasn’t just bholzer). And the price of the coin was never very high. So even if they all made some money off other people who bought some, since it was not a ton of money, divided among multiple people, how much could they really have made?

And then what was the point of bholzer posting again in November, only to disappear again? For the life of me, I cannot figure any of it out.

And to be clear, I’m not accusing anyone of anything. I don't know what people's motives or intentions were. I’m trying to think through what on earth the point was, and maybe some of the above is true, and maybe none of it is. I just do not know.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iegservers

Activity: 83

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2016, 03:20:44 AM

I mined some MRY a looooong time ago, then bought a little. It sure seemed like a coin worth investing in. I figured even if it was never worth a ton, it’d be a fun coin to be a part of. And probably worth something, to be honest.

I’ve thought about it all since then (probably too often!), and checked in on the forum today for the first time in a while. What I still don’t understand is, why? What was the point of it all?

There was a group of people behind the coin (whoever they were, and even if bholzer was the leader, it wasn’t just bholzer). And the price of the coin was never very high. So even if they all made some money off other people who bought some, since it was not a ton of money, divided among multiple people, how much could they really have made?

And then what was the point of bholzer posting again in November, only to disappear again? For the life of me, I cannot figure any of it out.

And to be clear, I’m not accusing anyone of anything. I don't know what people's motives or intentions were. I’m trying to think through what on earth the point was, and maybe some of the above is true, and maybe none of it is. I just do not know.

I think the main point at this present time, is the attempt to revive the coin. Smiley

Thanks for sharing!

-SNiPeZ

http://iEGServers.com - "If you have found my posts to be informative, please dontate btc to : 1KdNffwVRWDR75FNpXYvt5s5if2svqBZQo
gavidon

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 04:57:29 AM

Yes, yes, I hear that. And I’m up for helping if I can. But how?

All the technical things are important, as is getting it back on an exchange.

But what can we do to make MRY exciting, and, frankly, to make people want it? Bill Murray is such an amazing brand, and a global one. And there have been no issues using that brand, which is awesome. But nothing real ever came of it. So far, access to the brand has been wasted. Can we change that?

jimmyk

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 05:26:29 AM

Yes, yes, I hear that. And I’m up for helping if I can. But how?

All the technical things are important, as is getting it back on an exchange.

But what can we do to make MRY exciting, and, frankly, to make people want it? Bill Murray is such an amazing brand, and a global one. And there have been no issues using that brand, which is awesome. But nothing real ever came of it. So far, access to the brand has been wasted. Can we change that?

MRY is listed at Cryptopia https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=MRY_BTC

I totally agree with what you're saying.  Bill Murray is incredible and the fact that he doesn't mind the use of the name is, IMO a lost opportunity.  It's really hard to have excitement when the dev hasn't been around at all for a long time. 

I think if Holzer was back there would be a lot more people excited about helping out and moving the coin forward.  He also had all the contacts with the Murray Foundation.  And who knows where the donation coins are (not saying that they aren't still at the donation address) but since the website doesn't list the donation address or amount donated, it's hard to track where they are.
gavidon

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 03:22:16 PM

Oh that’s great about Cryptopia. One less hurdle to overcome.

I think it’s safe to assume that if we’re waiting on bholzer, there’s a very real chance we’re waiting forever and nothing happens. So can we do anything meaningful without him?

I don’t see anything stopping us. It’s just the (very difficult, I know) question of coming up with ideas that would generate interest in the coin.

Something I was bouncing around in my head last night is a better website, with ways for people to “spend” MRY on things. There’s so much freely available Bill Murray content out there, on YouTube, memes, quote sites, and more. Could we present those, or mash some of that up in ways that make them more valuable than all the free parts? That value would give MRY value.

And then perhaps we take the MRY the site brings in and that goes to charity (not the Murray Bros., a different charity or charities, so we have a fresh start), to continue that good aspect of the coin.
jimmyk

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 04:05:05 PM

Oh that’s great about Cryptopia. One less hurdle to overcome.

I think it’s safe to assume that if we’re waiting on bholzer, there’s a very real chance we’re waiting forever and nothing happens. So can we do anything meaningful without him?

I don’t see anything stopping us. It’s just the (very difficult, I know) question of coming up with ideas that would generate interest in the coin.

Something I was bouncing around in my head last night is a better website, with ways for people to “spend” MRY on things. There’s so much freely available Bill Murray content out there, on YouTube, memes, quote sites, and more. Could we present those, or mash some of that up in ways that make them more valuable than all the free parts? That value would give MRY value.

And then perhaps we take the MRY the site brings in and that goes to charity (not the Murray Bros., a different charity or charities, so we have a fresh start), to continue that good aspect of the coin.

You might be right about Holzer, but from my conversations he was waiting for a spike in the price of Bitcoin to return.  When the price of BTC tanked it affected all the coins.  Now that the BTC price is starting to pickup, he might resume the project IDK. 

Another website would be a great idea.  Something in the lines of entertainment, funny, etc. with a focus on MRY.  Not another developer website which focuses on the coin with download links and statistics.  Maybe a merch website which only accepts MRY?  Of course, someone will have to pay upfront for the merch, ship the merch, etc.  The site, thechive.com makes a ton of money selling their Bill Murray t-shirts.

I would stick with the Murray Bros foundation.  I think it's one of the reasons Murray gave his ok.  If you can actually funnel money into the org from MRY, then they'd be a lot more interested in endorsing the coin.  What this coin needs is an endorsement from Bill Murray.  That is what will make this coin really take off.  So, anything which will get that endorsement should be pursued.  The one thing Holzer never could get was a direct endorsement from the foundation or Bill Murray.  Get that and expect to see a lot more people interested in the coin.  I highly doubt he's endorse a coin which was raising money for another charity.

There is also the crypto promotions people on this forum.  If there was an actual plan happening, the community could pay for promotion inside the crypto community.
gavidon

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 06:32:37 PM

I remember when Bholzer mentioned waiting for good timing, some time when BTC was doing well. But then BTC did spike. If I remember right, it was from about $ 250 to $ 450. And he did nothing with MRY. Don’t get me wrong. If he came back to the coin, that would be a great thing. He obviously knows a lot about crypto.

As for a website, I agree completely. “Something in the lines of entertainment, funny, etc. with a focus on MRY.  Not another developer website which focuses on the coin with download links and statistics.”

Could any of the merchandise aspects of it be automated? Do any 3rd parties offer created and shipped on demand things for digital currency?

I’m trying to think of purely digital things, like the online mashups or whatever, because once they’re set up, they can just happen automatically.

As you alluded to, paying upfront and shipping merch is a logistical challenge. That’s why whether it’s merchandise or online digital things, I really like the idea of initial setup, and then things are available for people to put MRY into on their own.

And very good points about the foundation. Maybe instead of creating a huge stockpile of coins like last time, we just start converting MRY into $ and sending them a check each month. Even if it starts very small (say, $5), it’s a start. And we could include a note saying something like:

“We converted 10,000 MRY into $, and it came out to $5. We’re going to keep doing that every month. With your help, next month’s 10,000 MRY could be worth $50, or more.”

And we keep converting and sending and politely mentioning that with their help, the checks they’re getting could be a lot bigger. But regardless, they’re getting a check every month.
jimmyk

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 06:41:45 PM

I remember when Bholzer mentioned waiting for good timing, some time when BTC was doing well. But then BTC did spike. If I remember right, it was from about $ 250 to $ 450. And he did nothing with MRY. Don’t get me wrong. If he came back to the coin, that would be a great thing. He obviously knows a lot about crypto.

As for a website, I agree completely. “Something in the lines of entertainment, funny, etc. with a focus on MRY.  Not another developer website which focuses on the coin with download links and statistics.”

Could any of the merchandise aspects of it be automated? Do any 3rd parties offer created and shipped on demand things for digital currency?

I’m trying to think of purely digital things, like the online mashups or whatever, because once they’re set up, they can just happen automatically.

As you alluded to, paying upfront and shipping merch is a logistical challenge. That’s why whether it’s merchandise or online digital things, I really like the idea of initial setup, and then things are available for people to put MRY into on their own.

And very good points about the foundation. Maybe instead of creating a huge stockpile of coins like last time, we just start converting MRY into $ and sending them a check each month. Even if it starts very small (say, $5), it’s a start. And we could include a note saying something like:

“We converted 10,000 MRY into $, and it came out to $5. We’re going to keep doing that every month. With your help, next month’s 10,000 MRY could be worth $50, or more.”

And we keep converting and sending and politely mentioning that with their help, the checks they’re getting could be a lot bigger. But regardless, they’re getting a check every month.

The bad things about selling MRY and sending a check...

1.  They'll just get use to getting a check for a low amount and won't do anything on their end to help the coin.
2.  Selling MRY will probably lower the price.  aka dump.
3.  Having a larger stake in the coin takes coins out of circulation and inspires them to invest the time in making the coin worth more.

I don't think there is any way to automate the merch selling process unless MRY would get listed with coinpayments or a service which could be an integrated payment provider.

I don't see any problem setting up on of those free t-shirt stores where they make and ship the shirts out and the owner gets a cut.  Remember, the point is to raise awareness if that means accepting fiat currency to make that happen, then so be it.  Getting the word out about MRY is more important than sticking to a principle of only accepting digital currency - sure that would be great - but that can happen in the future when more people are involved.
gavidon

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 10:10:38 PM

Totally agree about not needing to stick to a principle of only accepting digital currency. Spreading the word in any way would be great. If we started a new website, even just a couple things on it would be a good start, and we could expand from there.

To your points:

1. Maybe, but we don’t know that
2. Even 10,000 MRY isn’t a huge dump
3. This was the idea before, which seemed logical, but nothing ever came of it

My hope would be, they’d get a real check, and see that it’s real $ we’re talking about. Then in month 2, they’d see that the same amount of MRY was worth more that month, because the price of MRY went up.* They’d get used to the checks showing up, they’d see they are a reliable thing, and hopefully at some point they’d want to help.

*Assuming other things actually do drive the price up. I don’t think it can be all wait on the Foundation or wait on Bill Murray any more, even if those are primary goals.

Is my idea a good one? Maybe, maybe not. But it’s different than the previous plan, at least. I’d hate to stay on the same path as before that’s led nowhere.

And really, it’s likely there’s a better approach than anything I’ve suggested. Other thoughts?
mdawg

Activity: 271

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 03:55:53 AM

Btc is climbing fast, maybe this will help with interest.

jimmyk

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 04:40:48 AM

Btc is climbing fast, maybe this will help with interest.

Who knows.  There are so many other coins for people to buy.
mdawg

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 03:13:30 AM

yeahhhhh.........i doubt anything will come of it but good luck.  i'm assuming you guys are well meaning and truly wanna bring something of value to the coin itself and the price back up.  and hopefully not just super bagholders for 2+yrs who have been accumulating...and will now pnd it so you can unload your bags.  

i think i have some stuck on cryptsy from way back, anyone know how the fuck to get them out?  i tried awhile back and no luck.

holzer turned out to be a punk bitch i guess afterall.  sad.

Now see, I can understand the pump and dump scenerio, (IF I WAS HOLDING), but alas.. I lost 50k mry coin in cryptsy... so for me, its starting all back over Smiley  So no, no pump an dump plans.  I plan on doing whatever is needed to revive this coin.

"Just thought I would clear this up quickly" Smiley

-Snipez

Any update on progress?  Do you have some machines mining now to get a few coins of your own?   Need some volume of coins to move on the exchanges in order to create interest.   I have purchased a few BTC worth of murray, mined a few 100k and traded slowly every other coin I own into murray over the course of months.   I'm all tapped out currently without seeing the market move at all.   $700 BTC looks good on paper but not when its 5million Murray to 1 BTC.

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1288

Whitelist for WePower token sale before 1st of Feb

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 11:13:04 AM

all good ideas above.

suggest:

1. stick with the basics, make sure 2-3 seed nodes (static IP) are funded (about $15/month), and that is all MRY needs to assure it stays alive.  1st thing 1st.

2. find price stability, then neat things can happen.

3. get a solid roadmap, mapped out, I like the idea of making MRY redeemable for Bill related stuff, keep the foundation connection too ... try to find a contact within the Murray Bros organization ... donate a sizable chunk to get them started Wink

▀███   ███   ████    ▄██████▄
       ████ █████ █████▄  ███▀  ▀███
        ███▄██▀██▄██████  ██████████
        ▀█████ █████▀████ ███▄  ▄▄▄
         ▀███   ███▀  ███▄ ▀██████▀▀
                      ▀███
███▄████▄     ▄█████▄  ████   ███   ███▀ ▄██████▄  ███▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄███▀▀▀███▄ ███  █████  ███ ███▀  ▀███ █████▀
███     ███ ███     ███ ▀███ █████ ███  ██████████ ███
███▄   ▄███ ███▄   ▄███  ▀█████▀█████▀  ███▄  ▄▄▄  ███
█████████▀   ▀███████▀    ████▀ ▀████   ▀████████▀ ███
███ ▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀   ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀
███
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
jimmyk

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 03:29:33 AM

Hey, Brock is $720 high enough to come back?  Maybe at $850?  $950?     Grin
mdawg

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 02:05:40 AM

Hey, Brock is $720 high enough to come back?  Maybe at $850?  $950?     Grin

1 Bitcoin equals

999.48 Canadian Dollar

mdawg

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 11:56:36 PM

I see on the Cryptopia exchange that is the last one remaining moving Murraycoin that I know of there is about 1million coins currently for sale.   I have also noticed about 150,000 coins changing hands in the last couple days so someone is actively purchasing some small amounts for a very low price.   For those looking to promote this coin this last exchange is one of the best places to help keep the momentum and slowly drive up the value while working on a second exchange.   Then you need the Murrchandise or items that can be sold/bought using Murray ect because right now you would need 1million for a few hundred dollars.

jimmyk

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 12:53:29 AM

I see on the Cryptopia exchange that is the last one remaining moving Murraycoin that I know of there is about 1million coins currently for sale.   I have also noticed about 150,000 coins changing hands in the last couple days so someone is actively purchasing some small amounts for a very low price.   For those looking to promote this coin this last exchange is one of the best places to help keep the momentum and slowly drive up the value while working on a second exchange.   Then you need the Murrchandise or items that can be sold/bought using Murray ect because right now you would need 1million for a few hundred dollars.

Yea, there's been some action on the exchange lately.  Nice to see.

On thing that bothers me is the peer info in the murray wallet.  Not sure why there are so many banned connections.  These keep sending the wallet "out of sync" which is horrible for the newb who is using the wallet.

"addr" : "[2604:a880:800:10::1b7:9001]:11951",
"services" : "00000003",
"lastsend" : 1466383786,
"lastrecv" : 1466383786,
"bytessent" : 32533,
"bytesrecv" : 212515,
"conntime" : 1466383702,
"pingtime" : 0.00000000,
"version" : 70002,
"subver" : "/DrVenkman:0.9.2/",
"inbound" : false,
"startingheight" : 529729,
"banscore" : 0,
"syncnode" : true
},
{
"addr" : "104.236.65.134:11951",
"lastsend" : 1466383726,
"lastrecv" : 1466383898,
"bytessent" : 7952,
"bytesrecv" : 68928,
"conntime" : 1466383713,
"banscore" : 0
},
{
"addr" : "192.95.29.153:11951",
"lastrecv" : 1466383786,
"bytessent" : 6682,
"bytesrecv" : 75782,
"conntime" : 1466383714,
},
{
"addr" : "85.25.44.119:11951",
"lastrecv" : 1466383723,
"bytessent" : 352,
"bytesrecv" : 75232,
"conntime" : 1466383722,
},
{
"addr" : "108.31.106.241:9333",
"services" : "00000001",
"lastsend" : 1466383937,
"lastrecv" : 1466383937,
"bytessent" : 416,
"bytesrecv" : 50588,
"conntime" : 1466383810,
"version" : 70003,
"subver" : "/Satoshi:0.10.4/",
"startingheight" : 1012185,
"banscore" : 10
}
{
"addr" : "90.151.47.184:11951",
"lastsend" : 1466383899,
"lastrecv" : 1466383815,
"bytessent" : 285,
"bytesrecv" : 75232,
"conntime" : 1466383811,
"startingheight" : 529731,
},
{
"addr" : "[2001:0:9d38:6ab8:889:3259:9436:96bb]:9333",
"lastsend" : 1466383895,
"bytessent" : 384,
"bytesrecv" : 32011,
"conntime" : 1466383833,
"subver" : "/Satoshi:0.10.4/",
}
{
"addr" : "73.3.88.89:9333",
"lastsend" : 1466383935,
"bytessent" : 323,
"bytesrecv" : 50066,
"conntime" : 1466383906,
"subver" : "/Satoshi:0.10.2.2/",
}
mdawg

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 05:22:06 AM

Good evening,
    Any updates from anyone?

snakey
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 12:48:34 PM

You guys still believe in bholzer?

The guy screwed everyone over including me.

You dont come out and create a coin, talk it up and work hard for a month or two and dump it then run.

The guy came back after like a year and creates 1 post to mock all of us.

Seriously cant believe you all still waiting on this guy.

If you want something done, get in touch with bittrex and pay 2BTC to get the coin added.....You will need dev details or someone who is supporting the coin though.

What goes around comes around bholzer, never forget that....

░░ TELCOIN ░░     Financial inclusion for a Mobile World
Register for the Token Sale Now
mdawg

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 10:49:52 PM

WTS 1 million MRY Coin!

Well said snakey

Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.