Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:28:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MRY] Murraycoin ▪ The Only Currency Worthy of Bill Murray ▪ Now Scrypt-2048  (Read 117839 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:18:11 PM

MRY GOING ON AZURE!  APPLICATION IN PROCESS!!!11!!

lulz  Roll Eyes

holzer way to go.  hope you're enjoying your non-altcoin life. sadly.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DarkIlluminatus

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 01:11:13 AM

This still happening?
mdawg

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 03:40:25 PM

This still happening?

Very quiet.

iegservers

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 01:21:41 PM

Ok everyone.  I am one of the oldies that starting minning mry when it first came out.  I have waited around silently long enough. Is MRY completely dead ? Has the DEV abandoned the project ?  If it has been indeed abandoned by the dev, then its time to take action by the community.   I had over 50k murraycoin disappear.. thanks cryptsy!.  But yet, instead of whinning about it, I am ready to do something about it.  Have I ever ran an altcoin ?  No.  Can I program in every extensive language known to man ? No.  That is why its called a COMMUNITY. So that EVERYONE can help develop the coin with there true god given skills.  I know how to host servers, I do know how to program in both HTML5 and C++. I am willing to learn within a very short period of time ( in fact, a lot shorter amount of time than Bholzer has been MIA), and would love to take this coin to the next level.  Now, can I program up a wallet ? , no.  I would need help.  Can I work and get the blockchain syncing again , yes.  Can I talk to Bill Murray foundation, absolutely.

I am tired of seeing this awsome coin going to the shitcan.  Lets bring it back up, and yes, I will have to re-mine just as everyone else that lost their mry from Cryptsy, but thats ok.. I know this is a valid coin, and I believe in it, or I would not be here.

Thank you everyone, and please let me know your repsonse.

SNiPeZ ---- (iEGServers.com)(LaBitCoinCenter.com)--yes, both sites are offline at the moment..
mdawg

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 06:43:06 AM

Ok everyone.  I am one of the oldies that starting minning mry when it first came out.  I have waited around silently long enough. Is MRY completely dead ? Has the DEV abandoned the project ?  If it has been indeed abandoned by the dev, then its time to take action by the community.   I had over 50k murraycoin disappear.. thanks cryptsy!.  But yet, instead of whinning about it, I am ready to do something about it.  Have I ever ran an altcoin ?  No.  Can I program in every extensive language known to man ? No.  That is why its called a COMMUNITY. So that EVERYONE can help develop the coin with there true god given skills.  I know how to host servers, I do know how to program in both HTML5 and C++. I am willing to learn within a very short period of time ( in fact, a lot shorter amount of time than Bholzer has been MIA), and would love to take this coin to the next level.  Now, can I program up a wallet ? , no.  I would need help.  Can I work and get the blockchain syncing again , yes.  Can I talk to Bill Murray foundation, absolutely.

I am tired of seeing this awsome coin going to the shitcan.  Lets bring it back up, and yes, I will have to re-mine just as everyone else that lost their mry from Cryptsy, but thats ok.. I know this is a valid coin, and I believe in it, or I would not be here.

Best of luck, there was a strong community here at the start and most held onto all of their coins.  Almost everyone has given up on the Murraycoin but if you can start to make any progress I guarantee people will come out of cracks and contribute.   This coin always had one of the best chances to really be a valuable coin with the charity mission statement and no pre-mine with fair launch.   It was the only celebrity coin that did not have refusal from legal side and was a good contender on the technology side.  People like Bill Murray and if you can resurrect this coin even a little bit you will get a lot of help and support eventually.  Unfortunately you will have to do a majority of the work on your on own right now IMO as I feel the community has lost hope.   Once again good luck and I will be here to help.

SNiPeZ ---- (iEGServers.com)(LaBitCoinCenter.com)--yes, both sites are offline at the moment..

iegservers

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 04:54:26 PM

Best of luck, there was a strong community here at the start and most held onto all of their coins.  Almost everyone has given up on the Murraycoin but if you can start to make any progress I guarantee people will come out of cracks and contribute.   This coin always had one of the best chances to really be a valuable coin with the charity mission statement and no pre-mine with fair launch.   It was the only celebrity coin that did not have refusal from legal side and was a good contender on the technology side.  People like Bill Murray and if you can resurrect this coin even a little bit you will get a lot of help and support eventually.  Unfortunately you will have to do a majority of the work on your on own right now IMO as I feel the community has lost hope.   Once again good luck and I will be here to help.

Thank you Smiley  I will definatley try to revive this coin.  I always loved Bill Murray, and this coin was awsome once upon a time.  I will start all research today and will find a way Smiley

Thank you for your continued support!

-Snipez

Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 01:46:19 AM

yeahhhhh.........i doubt anything will come of it but good luck.  i'm assuming you guys are well meaning and truly wanna bring something of value to the coin itself and the price back up.  and hopefully not just super bagholders for 2+yrs who have been accumulating...and will now pnd it so you can unload your bags.  

i think i have some stuck on cryptsy from way back, anyone know how the fuck to get them out?  i tried awhile back and no luck.

holzer turned out to be a punk bitch i guess afterall.  sad.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
iegservers

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 03:16:49 AM

yeahhhhh.........i doubt anything will come of it but good luck.  i'm assuming you guys are well meaning and truly wanna bring something of value to the coin itself and the price back up.  and hopefully not just super bagholders for 2+yrs who have been accumulating...and will now pnd it so you can unload your bags.  

i think i have some stuck on cryptsy from way back, anyone know how the fuck to get them out?  i tried awhile back and no luck.

holzer turned out to be a punk bitch i guess afterall.  sad.

Now see, I can understand the pump and dump scenerio, (IF I WAS HOLDING), but alas.. I lost 50k mry coin in cryptsy... so for me, its starting all back over Smiley  So no, no pump an dump plans.  I plan on doing whatever is needed to revive this coin.

"Just thought I would clear this up quickly" Smiley

-Snipez
iegservers

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 03:28:15 AM

**** UPDATE ****
And for the record.  I am currently working with Coinomi to get MRY established in the coin list.

iegservers

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 03:34:53 AM

Community Question :

Does anyone know how to get MRY back listed on an exchange ?  Seems MRY was only on the Cryptsy exchange, and well.. we know what happened there.. lolz

Thanks!

Update :   I did find out how to get listed on BitRex.  if anyone can help out with the following information so I can submit, it would be greatly appreciated by all.

Coin Name - MurrayCoin
Coin trading symbol - MRY

Launch Date (past or future) - ?
Github Link - ?
Did you raise money/bitcoin to launch your coin?  (i.e. a CFC/ICO) - ?
Did you have a premine?  -?
How much is it?  -?
Is it escrowed?  -?
What is the max money supply for your coin? -?
Official blockchain explorer- ?
What is your TxFee for a transaction -?
Any social media information such as your official website, twitter account, facebook page, subreddit, etc. -?

-Snipez

mdawg

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 04:05:15 AM

Community Question :

Does anyone know how to get MRY back listed on an exchange ?  Seems MRY was only on the Cryptsy exchange, and well.. we know what happened there.. lolz

Thanks!

Update :   I did find out how to get listed on BitRex.  if anyone can help out with the following information so I can submit, it would be greatly appreciated by all.

Coin Name - MurrayCoin
Coin trading symbol - MRY

Launch Date (past or future) - ?
Github Link - ?
Did you raise money/bitcoin to launch your coin?  (i.e. a CFC/ICO) - ?
Did you have a premine?  -?
How much is it?  -?
Is it escrowed?  -?
What is the max money supply for your coin? -?
Official blockchain explorer- ?
What is your TxFee for a transaction -?
Any social media information such as your official website, twitter account, facebook page, subreddit, etc. -?

-Snipez

Snipez,
    a lot of the information you seek is on the first page or in the first few pages of the large MurrayCoin Threads.   (There are two of them)   The first one had a couple of attackers and Bholzer ended up jumping ship and starting this new one that he was the moderator.   I think if anyone is going to take you involvement serious you should spend a few hours reading the first few months of history.   If you go back one page you can see where the hithub link is and a current exchange it is on.    Another good start is that the coin is so so cheap right now that if someone started purchasing even small amounts of Murray at a higher rate it would slowly drive up interest.  If you can get it on the profitable scypt coin list on coinwarz or comparable, people will mine what ever they feel is worth selling.   Those people will jump onboard and mine and dump as fast as possible which just drives the market.   There has not been anyone buying and selling this coin for over a year.    There was a time on xigma where the price was yo-yo'ing and there was multi BTC purchases over 0.000499.    For those that have over 1 million coins that is $50,000.    Bhozler sold the community that this was headed to 10cent to a dollar per coin and referenced megacoin often and many put their faith in him.   I'm sure he is still the heaviest coin holder and an intelligent person so if this starts up at all he will have it on his radar.

iegservers

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 01:47:32 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2016, 03:38:59 PM by iegservers

Ok everyone.  I am setting up some miners again to revive this blockchain and get more nodes for syncing...

Does anyone have a copy of VertKev, as every link I have found for it is no longer valid ?

If not, what do you guys suggest now for gpu mining ?

Also, where are u guys mining ?

Thank you!

-SNiPeZ
iegservers

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 01:52:40 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2016, 03:40:00 PM by iegservers

****  Update  *****

Reply from Coinomi..

Thank you for your interest in Coinomi.

To incorporate MRY into Coinomi you will have to forward this to your developers: https://coinomi.com/AddingSupportForANewCurrency/. If they cannot perform the integration then we can do it for you for a one-time fee of $1,500 which includes automatic porting to  new platforms (eg iOS, desktops, etc) as they become available. After that it's $25/server/month for a set-up of minimum-two servers which will host the back-end wallets for MRY, or you can run the servers and provide us with root access.

Please let us know if this works for you.

Kind regards,
Coinomi Support.

Just FYI..
I can provide the 2 servers running the murraycoin-bitcoind.

-SNiPeZ
iegservers

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 06:26:59 PM

Ok everyone.  I am setting up some miners again to revive this blockchain and get more nodes for syncing...

Does anyone have a copy of VertKev, as every link I have found for it is no longer valid ?

If not, what do you guys suggest now for gpu mining ?

Also, where are u guys mining ?

Thank you!

-SNiPeZ

http://cryptomining-blog.com/2572-download-the-latest-vertminer-0-5-4pre3-scrypt-n-gpu-miner-for-windows/

Thank you!  I have dl'd it and installed and tried running with the following config.  I have an R9 280x on 2 diff machines, and I get nothing but rejects, and HW errors, and 0 accepts.  Does anyone care to share a config ?

Config file :

"intensity" : "8",
"worksize" : "256",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"thread-concurrency" : "6336",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"gpu-engine" : "965",
"gpu-fan" : "0-85",
"gpu-memclock" : "1500",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"temp-overheat" : "85",
"temp-target" : "75",
"expiry" : "30",
"scan-time" : "5"
}

bat file :
color 02
    setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 95
    vertminer.exe --nscrypt -o stratum+tcp://pools2.cryptopia.co.nz:5005 -u iegservers.worker1 -p x -I 8 -g 2 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 6336
pause

does anyone see an issue with this ?

Thanks!

-SNiPeZ

iegservers

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 11:52:10 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2016, 04:15:49 AM by iegservers

Does anyone have any issue with the wallet syncing ?  It says I am 4 hours behind, yet I am up to block 517745, which at the time of this writting, is the current block we are on.  Also, MRY-qt wallet is showing 517745 out of 100261 (estimated) ??  I have the following.  Any help resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

v0.9.2.0-2048-fork1 (32-bit
Qt version 5.3.0.
addnode=162.243.141.242
addnode=173.203.82.215
addnode=162.243.207.204

I also have 8 active connections to the network, which is the correct # of peers on the block explorer.

Thanks!

-SNiPeZ

Also, during mining to an active pool for mry coin, this happened.... wierd...

Block Height: 517878
Block Time: 1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM
Confirmations: 21
Difficulty: 0.00250802
Block Version: 1e018eb7
Block Size: 190
Block Bits: 1e018eb7
Block Nonce: 1292567296

Block Hash: 6b37f6c5f3c093c0b90247d6f9bda5de94886015f1f1d5bbdb0185fa55783cf8
Block Merkle: 029dd19e3d42adbe16fe0793ee0a04b1ad8cfa15f0e64277514da385613ff42a
Block Transactions:
029dd19e3d42adbe16fe0793ee0a04b1ad8cfa15f0e64277514da385613ff42a

notice the time stamp ?? and then their mry pool crashed.... and is pending investigation of payouts.. thinking their clock sync reset to 2001 ??
lol

.SNiPeZ
gavidon

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 12:12:11 AM

I mined some MRY a looooong time ago, then bought a little. It sure seemed like a coin worth investing in. I figured even if it was never worth a ton, it’d be a fun coin to be a part of. And probably worth something, to be honest.

I’ve thought about it all since then (probably too often!), and checked in on the forum today for the first time in a while. What I still don’t understand is, why? What was the point of it all?

There was a group of people behind the coin (whoever they were, and even if bholzer was the leader, it wasn’t just bholzer). And the price of the coin was never very high. So even if they all made some money off other people who bought some, since it was not a ton of money, divided among multiple people, how much could they really have made?

And then what was the point of bholzer posting again in November, only to disappear again? For the life of me, I cannot figure any of it out.

And to be clear, I’m not accusing anyone of anything. I don't know what people's motives or intentions were. I’m trying to think through what on earth the point was, and maybe some of the above is true, and maybe none of it is. I just do not know.
iegservers

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 03:20:44 AM

I mined some MRY a looooong time ago, then bought a little. It sure seemed like a coin worth investing in. I figured even if it was never worth a ton, it’d be a fun coin to be a part of. And probably worth something, to be honest.

I’ve thought about it all since then (probably too often!), and checked in on the forum today for the first time in a while. What I still don’t understand is, why? What was the point of it all?

There was a group of people behind the coin (whoever they were, and even if bholzer was the leader, it wasn’t just bholzer). And the price of the coin was never very high. So even if they all made some money off other people who bought some, since it was not a ton of money, divided among multiple people, how much could they really have made?

And then what was the point of bholzer posting again in November, only to disappear again? For the life of me, I cannot figure any of it out.

And to be clear, I’m not accusing anyone of anything. I don't know what people's motives or intentions were. I’m trying to think through what on earth the point was, and maybe some of the above is true, and maybe none of it is. I just do not know.

I think the main point at this present time, is the attempt to revive the coin. Smiley

Thanks for sharing!

-SNiPeZ
gavidon

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 04:57:29 AM

Yes, yes, I hear that. And I’m up for helping if I can. But how?

All the technical things are important, as is getting it back on an exchange.

But what can we do to make MRY exciting, and, frankly, to make people want it? Bill Murray is such an amazing brand, and a global one. And there have been no issues using that brand, which is awesome. But nothing real ever came of it. So far, access to the brand has been wasted. Can we change that?

gavidon

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 03:22:16 PM

Oh that’s great about Cryptopia. One less hurdle to overcome.

I think it’s safe to assume that if we’re waiting on bholzer, there’s a very real chance we’re waiting forever and nothing happens. So can we do anything meaningful without him?

I don’t see anything stopping us. It’s just the (very difficult, I know) question of coming up with ideas that would generate interest in the coin.

Something I was bouncing around in my head last night is a better website, with ways for people to “spend” MRY on things. There’s so much freely available Bill Murray content out there, on YouTube, memes, quote sites, and more. Could we present those, or mash some of that up in ways that make them more valuable than all the free parts? That value would give MRY value.

And then perhaps we take the MRY the site brings in and that goes to charity (not the Murray Bros., a different charity or charities, so we have a fresh start), to continue that good aspect of the coin.
gavidon

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 06:32:37 PM

I remember when Bholzer mentioned waiting for good timing, some time when BTC was doing well. But then BTC did spike. If I remember right, it was from about $ 250 to $ 450. And he did nothing with MRY. Don’t get me wrong. If he came back to the coin, that would be a great thing. He obviously knows a lot about crypto.

As for a website, I agree completely. “Something in the lines of entertainment, funny, etc. with a focus on MRY.  Not another developer website which focuses on the coin with download links and statistics.”

Could any of the merchandise aspects of it be automated? Do any 3rd parties offer created and shipped on demand things for digital currency?

I’m trying to think of purely digital things, like the online mashups or whatever, because once they’re set up, they can just happen automatically.

As you alluded to, paying upfront and shipping merch is a logistical challenge. That’s why whether it’s merchandise or online digital things, I really like the idea of initial setup, and then things are available for people to put MRY into on their own.

And very good points about the foundation. Maybe instead of creating a huge stockpile of coins like last time, we just start converting MRY into $ and sending them a check each month. Even if it starts very small (say, $5), it’s a start. And we could include a note saying something like:

“We converted 10,000 MRY into $, and it came out to $5. We’re going to keep doing that every month. With your help, next month’s 10,000 MRY could be worth $50, or more.”

And we keep converting and sending and politely mentioning that with their help, the checks they’re getting could be a lot bigger. But regardless, they’re getting a check every month.
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: