Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:12:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MRY] Murraycoin ▪ The Only Currency Worthy of Bill Murray ▪ Now Scrypt-2048  (Read 117839 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Eugen123

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:31:03 PM

It seems *very* risky to have any talk about any plans for BM to be involved, let alone fantasies about him mentioning this on Letterman.  Have you ever heard any celebrity endorsing products on Letterman?? Any celebrity endorsing an altcoin?  They are very risk adverse, with hucksters approaching them every day. They are turned off by it, like with Takeicoin and many other examples.

A low key key fan- and charity based approach is the best bet.  Keep the Twitter humming along supporting his charity. If it raises enough money for the Charity and finally gets through to him he may mention it or make a joke about it.   If you can eventually get a reasonable payment provider on board, you might ultimately get them to have it as a payment option.  This should be the blue sky goal, not endorsement on Letterman!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DynamicDK

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:50:39 PM

It seems *very* risky to have any talk about any plans for BM to be involved, let alone fantasies about him mentioning this on Letterman.  Have you ever heard any celebrity endorsing products on Letterman?? Any celebrity endorsing an altcoin?  They are very risk adverse, with hucksters approaching them every day. They are turned off by it, like with Takeicoin and many other examples.

A low key key fan- and charity based approach is the best bet.  Keep the Twitter humming along supporting his charity. If it raises enough money for the Charity and finally gets through to him he may mention it or make a joke about it.   If you can eventually get a reasonable payment provider on board, you might ultimately get them to have it as a payment option.  This should be the blue sky goal, not endorsement on Letterman!

That is very true, but the idea behind the coin is sound no matter what.  The charity alone is a big positive.

However, if anyone was going to endorse a coin(jokingly, or not), it would be Bill Murray.  Especially if that coin is named after him, and is donating to his charity.

Of course, you shouldn't hold your breath about that one.  Just keep mining, and feel good about doing something positive.  If it works out in the end, then great.

http://coinbrief.net/
Digital Currency news, mining calculators, forums, and more
BTC:  1Bz95D1Jm4qmm2fTWtK3fF35FnfX4NKiyt
bholzer (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 02:51:28 PM

First of all, we have been in contact with Bill Murray's foundation for some time and Bill looks to the foundation to research and manage fundraising opportunities. We are well beyond the point of Takeicoin which was released 2 weeks after Murraycoin - Murraycoin was released over 1 1/2 months ago. This has always been about the foundation. Celebrities endorse and promote products all the time - especially on talk shows. Again, it was simply an idea being thrown out.

Second, I was responding to a question regarding possible ways the foundation could continue to raise donations after the initial sum - perhaps you misunderstood my post. I responded with a few ideas we have already discussed with the foundation (one of them being Bill offering to promote Murraycoin at various milestones to encourage donations.)

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
mpmcsweeney

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 08:41:10 PM

So we're all just quietly mining and awaiting the word on the Murray Bros.? Sweet. Cheesy

Altcoinfaucet

Activity: 75

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 10:05:02 PM

Hello people,

I created a MRY-Faucet here: http://murraycoin.altcoinfaucet.net/

Please donate some coins if you want  to support the faucet: MDxgiTVFrxH6hy37VLw2jpwe3nLdzE6Z5r

Enjoy and thanks in advance,
Altcoinfaucet.net

Looking for a faucet?
Go to "altcoinfaucet.net"
bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 07:02:42 PM

Murraycoin (finally) added for voting on Cryptsy. Not sure why it took as long as it did, but it looks like we will have to jump through the voting hoop to get listed there.

https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 08:47:44 PM

The first batch of 24 Murraycoin T-shirts was delivered today:

All of these have already been claimed but we have a bigger batch coming in soon and they will be available to order at murraycoin.org next week (accepting payment via PayPal or, of course, MRY.) Murraycoin will kick into high gear in April and we have a wide variety of MURRAYchandise in the pipeline.

bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 09:42:59 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2014, 11:38:22 PM by bholzer

Also, I have been receiving numerous PMs (sorry I cannot respond to you all individually at this time) and many are from people concerned about the current value of MRY. I would like to take a moment to address that topic (and more):

Let me start by saying that, as of this post, Murraycoin would be #1 if it was listed on CoinWarz. That means that even at these deflated values, it continues to lead the pack in ROI. Which brings me to my second point: obviously, altcoins in general are down. Bitcoin is still recovering, the market is saturated with GPUs that were bought when mining profitability was off the charts, and everything is being approached with caution due to recent events surrounding crypto-currency. It will take a while, but confidence will be rebuilt and people will begin jumping back into the insane world of alts.

Another issue is that Murraycoin launched nearly 2 months ago and there has still been no official public announcement from Bill Murray or the Murray Bros. Foundation. Again, we don't expect the partnership to be finalized until after the Caddyshack Charity Golf Tournament later this month. Their time is limited due to continued planning for their biggest event of the year and, while conversations have all remained positive, it's important we respect their time frame. In the end, it may prove to be a blessing in disguise that progress has been slower than anticipated because most experts are expecting a major Bitcoin rebound around that same time period.

Finally, the elephant in the room: Murraycoin still isn't listed on any high-volume exchanges. This means we don't have visibility catching the eye of general day traders - people coming to the beta exchanges we are currently listed on are typically coming there because they already have Murraycoins and they are looking to sell. One disadvantage of being the most profitable coin to mine is that we're going to attract the attention of people looking to just mine and dump to maximize their BTC profit. Earlier this week, an impatient Murraycoin miner that had been mining since launch dumped on every open buy order at Xnigma and wiped out the entire buy order book. Because Xnigma volume is so low and there are a number of technical issues still being worked out as well, it's difficult to stabilize value without an exchange with higher volume. CryptoRush seems to be even more of a dumping ground and there are so many coins there with such low traffic that it's difficult for Murraycoin to be noticed. We are working on improving this situation as well by getting Murraycoin listed on more exchanges - currently, we are waiting on some paperwork that should make the process less complicated.

The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary. We're in a bear market, we have limited visibility, we are not currently traded on any high-volume exchanges, and there is a lull in news this month. This will all change soon enough. We're the only celebrity coin currently out there that actually has a future and we intend to be the first endorsed celebrity coin. The potential here remains very high and things are going well - this is the calm before the storm. There is very little innovation right now in the altcoin world - the new string of premine scams, pump-and-dump scams, etc - we have something unique - something 100% positive - and when everything finally comes together, the world will notice Murraycoin.

cornfed82

Activity: 41

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:35:06 AM

Just found this coin on Xnigma. Looks cool. Love me some Bill Murray! I bought a few earlier. How many do I need before I can impress murraygirl?  Cool
swainzag

Activity: 209

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:12:42 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2014, 03:45:51 AM by swainzag

Murray Bros Charity tournament just a little more than 2 weeks away!  Murray liftoff is on its way!

murrayCOIN - The Only Currency Worthy of the Name
MindGrenade

Activity: 87

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:39:46 AM

The coin having a similar fate to others (harshly undervalued) shortly after being listed is no surprise, and is exactly how I saw it going. The fact that there was 8mn ish coins mined before being listed anywhere public meant at least a portion would want to dump.

Anything copyright related or with possible legal issues (even though MRY doesn't, unless you dig through this thread you wouldn't know that) is avoided like the plague. There will not be decent buy support until this is widely and commonly known.

I personally love these times of panic and FUD. Its the best time to mine or buy. The longer the better.
CryptoLogo

Activity: 656
Merit: 251

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:10:28 AM

The coin having a similar fate to others (harshly undervalued) shortly after being listed is no surprise, and is exactly how I saw it going. The fact that there was 8mn ish coins mined before being listed anywhere public meant at least a portion would want to dump.

Anything copyright related or with possible legal issues (even though MRY doesn't, unless you dig through this thread you wouldn't know that) is avoided like the plague. There will not be decent buy support until this is widely and commonly known.

I personally love these times of panic and FUD. Its the best time to mine or buy. The longer the better.

+1 well said
If people can't read going to the Golf Tournament with merchandise as a green light no legal issues with Bill going to be there then they don't deserve to be rich.
People need announcements because thats what they are told they need. If it was said from the beginning we are waiting on an announcement and a bag of carrots. Half of the geniuses would still be waiting
for a bag of carrots after the announcement.
This coin was a green light go for buy and mine a long time ago.
(Also to the 50% carrots are not needed for progress....it was just an example.)

enderp

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:00:39 AM

Sooo... no carrots then? This may not be the coin for me.

+1 to your thought that merchandise is a pretty clear sign about legal things.

Shirts look awesome, too.
CryptoLogo

Activity: 656
Merit: 251

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:12:34 AM

Sooo... no carrots then? This may not be the coin for me.

+1 to your thought that merchandise is a pretty clear sign about legal things.

Shirts look awesome, too.

+1 to the +1 on my +1

Its a clear a sign as any these days. Not being sold at some back alley-market. Will be sold online and worn in front of Bill.
Cant hold every ones hand down the path. People have to work out whats put in front of them without general consensus.

enderp

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:19:59 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2014, 07:32:27 AM by enderp

+1  Smiley

Also, it's been written, but I wonder if it gets glossed over because I don't see it come up outside this thread - Murraycoin is sponsoring a hole at the Murray Bros. golf tournament!

That's been set up for a while. The Murraycoin team isn't just showing up at the tournament out of the blue, they already have a relationship with the Murray Bros. foundation.

sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:38:02 AM

Don't be silent, there are people talking on IRC that it would be cool to launch an altcoin with charity idea. MRY already alive, let's make it kicking before a couple of scamcoins will destroy confidence.
swainzag

Activity: 209

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:45:53 PM

Don't be silent, there are people talking on IRC that it would be cool to launch an altcoin with charity idea. MRY already alive, let's make it kicking before a couple of scamcoins will destroy confidence.

If anything was going to ruin Murraycoin it would have been TakeiCoin going down.  I cannot believe people are dumping this so low.  Everytime I go to Cryptorush or Xnigma it seems like I can get cheaper and cheaper shares of Murray.  95% of people in the alt coin game have zero patience.  They want new coins, long term plans they day they are launched, multiple exchanges the day they are launched and multiple posts by a dev regardless of their are updates or not.  The coins that will thrive in the long run are ones where the devs and community had patience and ride out the storms and the good times. 

Though the Murraycoin community is small, it's strong. If we can get it voted on to Cryptsy or Poloniex it will just add awareness.  If you read some of the discussion you would think MRY has been around for years and is struggling when in reality, it hasn't even been 2 months since it's launch.  Go look through other coins threads, how many of the devs are actively posting and updating 2 months into a launch of a coin who has yet to find a major exchange?  You won't find many.  For those of you who have followed, the golf tournament and the follow weeks after that is what we have been waiting for.

Community! Wear your Murraycoin shirts proudly!  Prices are cheap enough that anyone who believes in the coin can pick up cheap shares left and right at both exchanges.  Let's keep on voting MRY where we can.  People will only know about the coin, the charity and the community if we let them know!

https://www.mintpal.com/voting - Sitting around ~1950 votes, you need to be registered then can vote up to 5 times per hour.  A lot of coins ahead due to coins paying multiple BTC to buy votes, but let's push it up!

https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes/ - Sitting around 1350 votes.  You can only vote once per user, then all votes are bought after that.  Getting on here would be a huge bump for the coin. 

Eat, drink and be Murray!!  Grin

murrayCOIN - The Only Currency Worthy of the Name
cornfed82

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:55:08 PM

If anything was going to ruin Murraycoin it would have been TakeiCoin going down.  I cannot believe people are dumping this so low.  Everytime I go to Cryptorush or Xnigma it seems like I can get cheaper and cheaper shares of Murray.  95% of people in the alt coin game have zero patience.  They want new coins, long term plans they day they are launched, multiple exchanges the day they are launched and multiple posts by a dev regardless of their are updates or not.  The coins that will thrive in the long run are ones where the devs and community had patience and ride out the storms and the good times.  

Though the Murraycoin community is small, it's strong. If we can get it voted on to Cryptsy or Poloniex it will just add awareness.  If you read some of the discussion you would think MRY has been around for years and is struggling when in reality, it hasn't even been 2 months since it's launch.  Go look through other coins threads, how many of the devs are actively posting and updating 2 months into a launch of a coin who has yet to find a major exchange?  You won't find many.  For those of you who have followed, the golf tournament and the follow weeks after that is what we have been waiting for.

Community! Wear your Murraycoin shirts proudly!  Prices are cheap enough that anyone who believes in the coin can pick up cheap shares left and right at both exchanges.  Let's keep on voting MRY where we can.  People will only know about the coin, the charity and the community if we let them know!

https://www.mintpal.com/voting - Sitting around ~1950 votes, you need to be registered then can vote up to 5 times per hour.  A lot of coins ahead due to coins paying multiple BTC to buy votes, but let's push it up!

https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes/ - Sitting around 1350 votes.  You can only vote once per user, then all votes are bought after that.  Getting on here would be a huge bump for the coin.  

Eat, drink and be Murray!!  Grin

Couldn't have said it better myself! Cool I love the gravytrain lol
cornfed82

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:22:28 PM

The many faces of Murray

https://i.imgur.com/bkrdBtR.jpg
lazr

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:55:53 PM

The many faces of Murray

Fixed! There was one missing.

https://i.imgur.com/jlfgRBu.jpg
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: