Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:55:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MRY] Murraycoin ▪ The Only Currency Worthy of Bill Murray ▪ Now Scrypt-2048  (Read 117839 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bholzer (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 11:00:28 PM

Are pools still donating to the Bill Murray Charity Fund? The wallet hasn't seen much action recently: http://explorer.murraycoin.com/address/MMY6zFXDw6B7wqot2r2cqyQE7c4e7iL6qv.  Perhaps pools should publicly disclose their donations?

New wallets and t-shirts incoming any time soon?

I spoke to FusionHash a few weeks ago about this (as you may remember, I posted in this thread with a similar concern) and they linked me to the transaction details - they have continued to donate well over the 0.5% (I assume the extra comes from the fact that they are also donating all pool donations as well.) There are only ~65,000 total MRY being minted each day and about half of the blocks are found at FusionHash, meaning they are only pulling in around 325 MRY/day for the charity fund from the fees. Instead of sending transactions daily, they wait until it hits a threshold before sending the donations. I told them this was fine...but after seeing your post today I noticed the last donation was 2 weeks ago. I sent them an email letting them know that they should at least set the donations to go out weekly to improve visibility on this. As of right now, it appears FusionHash is the only pool actively donating anything to the foundation.

I will work on a public donations page to help improve said visibility on the donations to the fund. I know for a fact at least a couple of pools have not held up their end of the agreement. There are several projects I have in the works to start moving things forward in addition to improvements to the website.

This brings me to the next topic - Bill Murray and the Murray Bros. Foundation still haven't made a decision on whether or not they will be officially endorsing Murraycoin. As I've mentioned to a few community members, this is the last week we will continue to play the "waiting game" - if a decision isn't made by the weekend, we will proceed with "Plan B" as if the endorsement is off the table. While I highly doubt they will outright reject it at this point, meaning the possibility will continue to exist, we will begin moving forward without them if the deal isn't wrapped up this week.

The primary reason we are dragging our feet elsewhere is that it's going to take a lot of extra muscle to get Murraycoin where we want it to be if we don't have Bill Murray and the foundation doing a lot of the heavy lifting for us (which would actually take minimal effort on their part.) Perhaps if we prove to them how strong our community is and how dedicated the developers are to making Murraycoin something special, it will persuade them to jump back in. If not, there is still plenty of potential here that is completely untapped. We wanted the endorsement to be the first step instead of putting all of our cards on the table first only to fall short of the ultimate goal. While the endorsement would be huge and we view it as remaining the top priority, we can do this without them and will move forward without them if it comes to that. Even without the endorsement, we remain the only (real) celebrity currency featuring a celebrity that is cool with the project. Why that is eludes me - I'm surprised more celebrities haven't taken the time to learn more about and get involved in crypto-currency; it will only be a matter of time.

The release of the new wallets is imminent - the code is complete, but we were waiting on the endorsement before launching them as we tied the Murray Bros. Foundation fund directly to the wallet. If we don't receive the endorsement, we plan to tie in 2 additional celebrity charities to the wallet in addition to the Murray Bros. Foundation (celebrities that have expressed interest in the project.)

None of this is bad news...but I understand it's frustrating to everybody in the community that we still haven't closed this deal - I just want to remain transparent throughout the process and offer my assurance that Murraycoin will live up to it's billing - a badass crypto-currency worthy of the name - whether Bill Murray is publicly endorsing it or not. Hopefully, these guys will come around and recognize the potential that continues to exist here. I maintain that part of the snag is that when we initially brought this to them, we were in a full-on bull market. In the months since, things have fizzled a bit, misinformed press damaged public perception of crypto-currency, and the process transformed from a no-brainer use of technology to benefit a good cause into something less clean-cut. Surely, as most of us understand, it remains the same no-brainer it always was...but we're in the trenches here and it's difficult for us to comprehend what all it takes to sell a number of people less familiar with technology on something cluttered with FUD. It's obvious this stuff is growing more mainstream every day, however, and while anything that changes the world has to crawl out of a mountain of FUD in its infancy, the path is clearing up before our eyes.

So, the timeline has been set - if we haven't locked down the endorsement by the end of the week, we will proceed without it. If we get it later, great! However, it will no longer remain our primary focus and primary objective - we will grow Murraycoin in other ways. We're about 30 days away from another reward reduction which will drop the amount of MRY minted daily to just over 50,000 MRY - this is quickly becoming more and more rare and those of you that have continued to hold will certainly be glad you did. If we never get the endorsement, we surely have to lower the ceiling on our expectations slightly. However, there is a ton of room for growth here. Enjoy the low prices and low difficulty while it lasts because once the fuse is lit, the rise in value will sneak up mega-fast  Wink

Another tip - now that the multi-miners are hitting Murraycoin multiple times daily, keep in mind they are all automatically dumping to Cryptsy as soon as blocks mature. Throughout odd hours, this often means they chip away at the buy orders and drive down the price automatically. What we need to be concerned with more than anything right now is acquiring cheap MRY from these multi-miners - don't put out high buy orders right now unless there is big news/etc because the odds are lower buy orders will get filled eventually by the multi-miners that are dumping. I know this is annoying to those of you looking to unload your MRY right now, but I'm more concerned with building a strong community and keeping MRY in strong hands than I am maximizing profits for multi-miners and people looking to exit immediately. If there is an obvious high-volume pump going on or something feel free to participate as you wish but the sell orders will always keep on stacking due to the multipools and I'd use that knowledge to your advantage. I've picked up quite a bit of MRY under 0.00001 on Cryptsy this way. One of the awesome aspects of Murraycoin is that the dedicated members of this community hold the vast majority of it leaving little room for outside manipulation. Another advantage is that it's a rare coin, so the multi-miners can only dump so much on any given day. I just know a lot of people like to see the price go up and panic when it dips down...so they put out a bunch of high buy orders...but all that ultimately does is artificially inflate the price, attract more multi-miners, and therefore create more dumps (the multi-miners aren't hanging on to their coins and typically the people in these pools don't even know what they are currently mining - it's all auto-traded for BTC.) I know for a fact we can grow the value of MRY exponentially when the time is right - if you don't have the luxury of being able to remain patient (for financial reasons/other opportunities/etc), I'm certainly not judging you or trying to stop you - just wanted to let everybody know how I've been playing it behind-the-scenes.

How high or how low the current price is doesn't concern me right now and nobody has more invested in Murraycoin than I do - believe me when I tell you that no punches will be pulled when it's time to step into the ring. That being said, do I love hearing the price alert on my S5 or seeing that green arrow on Bitcoin Checker when the Murraycoin price climbs? Of course I do! No matter how rationally you approach any investment, you love to see prices moving up and hate to see them moving down whether you intend to sell in the near-future or not. In the grand scheme of things, however, the day-to-day price right now is pretty insignificant. If you want to join in on that insanity (and haven't already) download the Bitcoin Checker app, select Cryptsy for the exchange, be sure to "update" the currency list, and add Murraycoin on there - good clean fun right now and, in the future, could alert you to important price movements.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mpmcsweeney

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:51:35 AM

Thank you, as always, for the candor and honesty. There seems to be about 40-50 mh/s of dedicated network hash that has stuck around regardless of the price swings, and my guess is that -- apart from the amount that belongs to you -- those of us in that group have got your back.

Carry on, sir, we'll keep diggin' them coins out of the internet.
NRD

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:21:00 AM

Thanks for the update, keep up the great work!
shango

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 09:14:20 AM

I'm working on a couple videos for Murraycoin, so stay tuned!

cool, looking forward to it!

Discuss today's profitable coins, mininig and trading alt coins :  cointradertalk.org
Cheap and reliable Cloud Hosting | USA VPS | UK VPS | Australia VPS | US Dedicated Servers
GenrokuRyoran

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:55:56 PM

Hello from Japan!
I and my colleagues were watching Murraycoin. We are excited about Murraycoin and we are happy to join your community.
We want to know will Murraycoin have Android wallet soon?
brianbbad

Activity: 423

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:06:21 PM

Hello from Japan!
I and my colleagues were watching Murraycoin. We are excited about Murraycoin and we are happy to join your community.
We want to know will Murraycoin have Android wallet soon?

Hajimemashite and welcome! =)
GenrokuRyoran

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:22:14 AM

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8163848704/hA505B61B/
brianbbad

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 06:01:38 AM

Look out, doge! Shit's about to get real!   Cool
mdawg

Activity: 278

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 06:41:49 AM

SO I guess this means Plan B.

PimpNCrypto

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 09:38:51 PM

This is probably more like plan C or D.... Plan B was OctoCoin!    Tongue
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 03:46:56 AM

What in the shitcoin hell is octocoin?
shango

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 06:18:10 PM

What in the shitcoin hell is octocoin?

exactly Smiley

Discuss today's profitable coins, mininig and trading alt coins :  cointradertalk.org
Cheap and reliable Cloud Hosting | USA VPS | UK VPS | Australia VPS | US Dedicated Servers
bholzer (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 12:14:37 AM

Will get everybody up to speed tomorrow on how we plan to proceed at this stage. Community input will also be appreciated since we are all in this together. We're feeling positive about the direction of things but, as mentioned before, we will proceed without the endorsement at this stage (while still having the possibility in our back pocket). It's our opinion that continuing to play the waiting game, even during this bear market (which we had hoped to wait out) isn't the correct play - we need to take action (and we will).

Looking forward to the next phase of Murraycoin!

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
GenrokuRyoran

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:35:22 AM

Murraycoin [ Bill Murray ]
Please share this video wiht your friends and relatives!  Smiley
mdawg

Activity: 278

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:37:27 AM

Will get everybody up to speed tomorrow on how we plan to proceed at this stage. Community input will also be appreciated since we are all in this together. We're feeling positive about the direction of things but, as mentioned before, we will proceed without the endorsement at this stage (while still having the possibility in our back pocket). It's our opinion that continuing to play the waiting game, even during this bear market (which we had hoped to wait out) isn't the correct play - we need to take action (and we will).

The cryptsy market is being set by (1,000)  buy and sell orders of 40 coins by multipool dumping or an automated program.  I knew every person with any quantity has been holding and most are still mining and/or buying more.   This just needs one good pump to double or triple the price to where it should be and then it might catch the attention of all the crypto masses.  There is still a large following Bholzer waiting for your lead.

Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:14:52 AM

The cryptsy market is being set by (1,000)  buy and sell orders of 40 coins by multipool dumping or an automated program.  I knew every person with any quantity has been holding and most are still mining and/or buying more.   This just needs one good pump to double or triple the price to where it should be and then it might catch the attention of all the crypto masses.  There is still a large following Bholzer waiting for your lead.

Still mining  Cool

brianbbad

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:08:00 AM

Love this, dude! Thanks for making it!
NRD

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 12:23:48 AM

lmao, wow . . . I don't even . . . thank you?
portice
Legendary

Activity: 999

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 12:27:53 AM

The cryptsy market is being set by (1,000)  buy and sell orders of 40 coins by multipool dumping or an automated program.  I knew every person with any quantity has been holding and most are still mining and/or buying more.   This just needs one good pump to double or triple the price to where it should be and then it might catch the attention of all the crypto masses.  There is still a large following Bholzer waiting for your lead.
[/quote]

Break the bot then, pretty simple to do, it's a daytraders dream.

Yes I F'd up the quote, but you get my point.

shango

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 03:29:50 PM

That was great, even though i have no idea what is the narrative Smiley
Any chance we get an English version ?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: