Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:51:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MRY] Murraycoin ▪ The Only Currency Worthy of Bill Murray ▪ Now Scrypt-2048  (Read 117839 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:06:29 AM

Any updates?  Anyone alive at all?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
brianbbad

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:55:12 AM

I'm still here. All I can say for certain is that bholzer (as he's mentioned) has a large stake in MRY and will do what it takes to make it a success.
It's unfortunate that he's currently too busy to make waves promoting it, but that's life sometimes. I've taken it upon myself to focus on promoting MRY. The only coins I currently have (that aren't sitting in long-forgotten sell orders) are BTC, DRK, and MRY.
So just do what you can to try to grow the community. Introduce people who have little/zero experience with crypto to Murraycoin, and send them a little MRY. Share about it on social media. Blog about it. The more people we can get involved and talking about it, the harder it will be for media outlets to ignore it.
Cryptocoinrank.com

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 05:25:46 PM

█ ★Murraycoin (MRY) → Now Live on: http://www.cryptocoinrank.com/Murraycoin

Hope you like it! You can also display your Dev news just by creating two widgets and sending me the information like described here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579901.0

Enjoy

teksensei

Activity: 153

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:27:51 AM

Murray coin is in freefall.  Thanks dumpers!

It's Shitcoin Cash!
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:02:48 PM

It definitely is sinking into the shitter.  Is bholzer around?
brianbbad

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 06:53:09 PM

Without getting too specific, I can tell you that the price will *very* likely return to normal in the next day or two.   Cool
bholzer (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 04:29:05 AM

I'm around - will post an update as soon as the timing is right and next steps are fully formulated. Still nothing to report on the foundation front but I have some other things in the works. As I mentioned earlier, if you guys have some ideas and suggestions keep them coming - I will be implementing a couple of ideas that were sent to me via PM by community members; the intent is to kick things off with a gambit.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
CryptoLogo

Activity: 656
Merit: 251

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:35:48 AM

I'm around - will post an update as soon as the timing is right and next steps are fully formulated. Still nothing to report on the foundation front but I have some other things in the works. As I mentioned earlier, if you guys have some ideas and suggestions keep them coming - I will be implementing a couple of ideas that were sent to me via PM by community members; the intent is to kick things off with a gambit.

Gambit does OK. I'm in.

swainzag

Activity: 209

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:30:29 PM

Murray coin is in freefall.  Thanks dumpers!

I love the dumpers and people mining in the multi-pools.  Pick up the cheap ones while you can people!

murrayCOIN - The Only Currency Worthy of the Name
PimpNCrypto

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:36:01 AM

Guess it was a good attempt... Time to move onto bigger and better coins.....

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-SMjuwyw_rDs/U2mMZ_4yVaI/AAAAAAAAAB4/EW4pF7ZcmWE/w702-h471-no/MRY_2.jpg

Alright, I gotta hang up now, because I gotta go kill everybody.
Bill Murray – Quick Change
bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 02:42:19 AM

I was going to delete this post as it clearly comes from a place of ignorance... but you put enough work into it that I'll leave it (plus it's a great quote). The irony is that there has been 65 BTC in trade volume (roughly $30,000 USD) since April 11th and that's without us even beginning the next phase. You are a Dobbscoin supporter, correct? While it's true the road has been bumpier than we had hoped... almost every single coin is down in value right now due to this bear market. Perhaps you should get out from under that rock and do some research before continuing to claim MRY is dead. You've been saying the same crap for 3 months - I'm still here and things are still moving forward; that alone makes us more alive than 95% of the field. I still don't understand why you are continuing to troll Murraycoin - please drop me a message and let me know what this community ever did to wrong you so we can address it like adults. When MRY was trading at 4 times the price you were spreading FUD and when it's trading for 10 times the price I'm sure you'll be spreading more. At some point I'd like to think you could find something better to do with your time - let's work on that.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
brianbbad

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:50:13 AM

I was going to delete this post as it clearly comes from a place of ignorance... but you put enough work into it that I'll leave it (plus it's a great quote). The irony is that there has been 65 BTC in trade volume (roughly $30,000 USD) since April 11th and that's without us even beginning the next phase. You are a Dobbscoin supporter, correct? While it's true the road has been bumpier than we had hoped... almost every single coin is down in value right now due to this bear market. Perhaps you should get out from under that rock and do some research before continuing to claim MRY is dead. You've been saying the same crap for 3 months - I'm still here and things are still moving forward; that alone makes us more alive than 95% of the field. I still don't understand why you are continuing to troll Murraycoin - please drop me a message and let me know what this community ever did to wrong you so we can address it like adults. When MRY was trading at 4 times the price you were spreading FUD and when it's trading for 10 times the price I'm sure you'll be spreading more. At some point I'd like to think you could find something better to do with your time - let's work on that.

I've never successfully reasoned with a troll, but good luck to you sir! Smiley
Obviously he is forgetting that Bill Murray knows how to be a zombie, and thus Murraycoin will never die.
CryptoLogo

Activity: 656
Merit: 251

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:54:55 AM

I like the stone on the grave. Its a nice colour and seems like it would be cool to the touch.
Also the pine cones and dead grass would give off a lovely smell.
Aesthetically this is beautiful

enderp

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:32:37 AM

It really is a nice looking gravestone. At least it's clear that trolling MRY requires a high quality effort.

Also this

Obviously he is forgetting that Bill Murray knows how to be a zombie, and thus Murraycoin will never die.

is a key point.
bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 04:14:15 AM

I've never successfully reasoned with a troll, but good luck to you sir! Smiley

I was involved in crypto when PimpNCrypto was still crapping in his hands and rubbing it on his face (credit to Agent Antonio Pappas, AKA Gary Busey in Point Break, on that one). This guy has dedicated his life to attempting to troll Murraycoin - I'm beginning to think Bill Murray might want to look into a restraining order  Shocked

Say what you will about the slower-than-expected progress, but it's pretty obvious we are in a down market - alts are down almost completely across the board and even bitcoin is down over 50% from its previous high. Things will be heating up soon - the block reward will be reduced from 75 MRY to 60 MRY in the next few weeks, an updated client will be released (we had to strip a lot of our custom code out, unfortunately) and we will begin rolling out some services, Murray-chandise, and our marketing campaign. It's slow right now - it's a good time to be slow (I promise) - I'm just happy things have held as steady as they have during this pivot.

On top of all of that, we may have a new charity partnership finalized soon (while still sticking with the Murray theme, of course). We haven't even tapped the accelerator yet.

MEGAman

Activity: 462

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:08:57 AM

MURRAY4LIFE!

P.S. PimpNCrypto is a massive loser and I guarantee he dies alone.
ShootEmMoore

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:31:01 AM

Sounds cool that we will still be donating to a charity, however i along with others were under an impression that donations from from the fusionhash/normal donations were going to the murray bros foundation. if they are no longer interested in supporting murraycoin would these donations constitute being given under false pretence? and therefore will they be given back to the people who donated? i find it amazing that a charity would have the ignorance to pick and choose where it gets its money from, and even turning down prime opportunities. 
bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 04:55:04 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2014, 07:51:55 AM by bholzer

Sounds cool that we will still be donating to a charity, however i along with others were under an impression that donations from from the fusionhash/normal donations were going to the murray bros foundation. if they are no longer interested in supporting murraycoin would these donations constitute being given under false pretence? and therefore will they be given back to the people who donated? i find it amazing that a charity would have the ignorance to pick and choose where it gets its money from, and even turning down prime opportunities.  

Everything going to the Murray Bros. Foundation is the property of the Murray Bros. Foundation including all Murraycoins already donated. They aren't refusing the donations or pulling their support - they just don't intend to promote Murraycoin at this time. FusionHash is continuing to donate to the fund and the foundation promoting/endorsing Murraycoin was never a requirement for them to take ownership of the donated Murraycoins - they are the property of the Murray Bros. Foundation with no strings attached. They were the ones that suggested Bill Murray would probably be willing to endorse Murraycoin which would obviously be huge. Unfortunately, communication has fizzled despite our best efforts to move things forward. The other charities we are working with to get involved will hopefully be more active and more vocal - regardless, we will continue to donate to the Murray Bros. Foundation as Bill will always be the face of Murraycoin and will always be a factor in the fundraising process as a result. The door will always remain open for the foundation to get involved and right now we need to respect their decision to hold off. We would love to work with them and are still hoping that will become a reality in the near future but for right now, we will get things rocking and rolling without them. Chris Seeley is a cool guy and Bill would definitely be down with getting involved if we could get everybody synced up - my guess is it will be much easier to execute on when both Murraycoin and bitcoins inevitably start climbing in value again later this year. The Murray Bros. Foundation is all about raising money, obviously, so the more value they see in an opportunity the more interested they become. While I have assured them their involvement alone would do wonders to the Murraycoin value, sometimes seeing is believing.

This is a huge opportunity for the Murray Bros. Foundation and remains a cutting edge way to raise money for good causes from and for people all over the world. I believe they recognize this opportunity but have enough irons in the fire right now that a decision couldn't be made at this time.

For now, lets just enjoy pushing forward without them and begin to grow the Murraycoin market cap organically. I've rolled up my sleeves and started digging in. A big part of Murraycoin will be getting people involved in crypto for the first time - that is why some of our initial projects will be easy ways to purchase Murraycoins directly from the official Murraycoin website - both in paper wallet form and digital form. There is plenty of stuff in the pipeline to keep Murraycoin interesting even without the foundation's direct involvement to fast-track progress. Of course, building the Murraycoin community and spreading the word will always play a key role in growth.

As I always say: Onward and Upward!

bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 05:32:51 AM

[Previous post from PimpNCrypto removed]

Please start a new topic PimpNCrypto if you want to spread your FUD, hate, and lack of information. I created this moderated thread to be troll free. Like I said, I left your last post because the graphic was fairly well done ("forever in our wallets" - not bad! Now that's quality trolling!) and a little bit of controversy is fine. Honest questions/concerns are also fine. However, there is no need to allow posts from you if you're just going to be a jerk and contribute nothing of value. Go find a place where you can contribute positively - we're working hard here and this community has stuck together for 4 months now. We're doing just fine and the future is bright. I'm sorry you aren't interested in joining us and you will surely regret it. Take care and good luck!

NRD

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:19:00 AM

bholzer, Thank you for leaving the photoshop troll pic up. You're certainly correct, that is some seriously devoted trolling. I think that post only serves to show how obsessed this guy is with Murray coin, or quite possibly with you  Shocked

Murray Coin is the first coin I've ever actually invested in, and while I love the charity aspect and obviously the fact that Bill has become an internet celebrity of sorts. The main reason I invested was that after reading some of bholzer's posts in this thread, I realized what an ambitious, well spoken and level headed guy he is. I mean he just destroyed that troll in a manner that any investor would be proud of. I'd be happy to back him in any of his future endeavors.

Keep up the great work bholzer, I'm excited to see what's next for Murray Coin. Being able to purchase coins and paper wallets directly from the website is a good idea and a great starting point for the marketing campaign. I'm sure the murray bros. Foundation will come around sooner than we think. You never know, we could be teeing off at the Caddy Shack tournament next year with MR. Murray himself  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: