Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:31:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MRY] Murraycoin ▪ The Only Currency Worthy of Bill Murray ▪ Now Scrypt-2048  (Read 117839 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
brianbbad

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 05:07:27 PM

I got a quick message from swainzag who is part of the MRY team so we will get a response soon.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
brianbbad

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 08:57:45 PM

For those curious, bholzer posted in Octocoin thread today.

Any hue... more media coverage today for MRY! Search "murraycoin" on twitter to have a look.
CryptoLogo

Activity: 656
Merit: 251

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 03:05:52 AM

Murraycoin update my jaguar.leaper
 Cool

bholzer (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 08:13:43 AM

Let's keep things rolling - really going to push to get the new website out next week as well. Fortunately, I am approaching a rare, brief window of additional free time so I'm going to really put some muscle into Murraycoin during that period and wrap some of these lingering items up.

On another note, I did just remove a few off-topic posts just to reduce confusion - if your post was deleted, it wasn't because you violated any rules/etc necessarily - people can post whatever they want whenever they want and, honestly, we encourage them to do so. At the same time, the Murraycoin thread needs to be (primarily) about Murraycoin, Bill Murray, and/or the Murray Bros. Foundation and anything that takes it completely off topic doesn't make sense. We have weathered an intense altcoin storm and came out on the other side so we're sitting well ~10 months after we launched.

Also, as I will be helping to build a new & improved OctoCoin wallet using the Bitcoin Core 0.9.3 source, I figured it would be a good time to roll out a new Murraycoin client as well while I'm digging into things. Before I start on that project, I'm certainly open to suggestions regarding a potential algorithm change/etc. If we're going to potentially set up another hard-fork, we'd ideally want to get that behind us as soon as possible in order to ease adoption by newcomers due to our steadily growing audience. I hate to admit it, but I'm a bit out of the loop right now on the latest/greatest algorithms and continue to mine MRY on my lone remaining GPU rig. While I feel it's important to keep payouts essentially the same/etc to maintain the integrity of the initial specifications, I'm certainly open to an updated difficulty adjustment and hashing algorithm if enough people feel it makes sense. I also have some ideas for a visual update and I'm considering implementing some gimmicks such as a "special edition" wallet which only kicks in when a minimum balance is reached (for example, 500,000 MRY). I'm also strongly considering a default donation charged on all transactions which automatically goes to the Murray Bros. Foundation (I would include the option to reduce or even disable the donation, of course, as an actual forced donation might not be appealing to everybody). Primarily brainstorming here but I don't think it's fair for me to simply make the executive decision here when this is becoming more and more of a community effort every day. Let's get the conversation started and I will start doing some research as well as soon as time allows.

Brian has been kicking ass as usual and more and more people are getting excited (or at least intrigued) about what we're doing here. I've said from the start we have something different and, despite my lack of steady presence here, we do have a solid plan that remains in motion and I'm as confident as ever that things are going to play out nicely.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
cryptoservices

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 09:10:50 AM

Has Murraycoin been taken over or are you original dev?
Sons_of_Crypto

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 03:00:15 PM

Let's keep things rolling - really going to push to get the new website out next week as well. Fortunately, I am approaching a rare, brief window of additional free time so I'm going to really put some muscle into Murraycoin during that period and wrap some of these lingering items up.

On another note, I did just remove a few off-topic posts just to reduce confusion - if your post was deleted, it wasn't because you violated any rules/etc necessarily - people can post whatever they want whenever they want and, honestly, we encourage them to do so. At the same time, the Murraycoin thread needs to be (primarily) about Murraycoin, Bill Murray, and/or the Murray Bros. Foundation and anything that takes it completely off topic doesn't make sense. We have weathered an intense altcoin storm and came out on the other side so we're sitting well ~10 months after we launched.

Also, as I will be helping to build a new & improved OctoCoin wallet using the Bitcoin Core 0.9.3 source, I figured it would be a good time to roll out a new Murraycoin client as well while I'm digging into things. Before I start on that project, I'm certainly open to suggestions regarding a potential algorithm change/etc. If we're going to potentially set up another hard-fork, we'd ideally want to get that behind us as soon as possible in order to ease adoption by newcomers due to our steadily growing audience. I hate to admit it, but I'm a bit out of the loop right now on the latest/greatest algorithms and continue to mine MRY on my lone remaining GPU rig. While I feel it's important to keep payouts essentially the same/etc to maintain the integrity of the initial specifications, I'm certainly open to an updated difficulty adjustment and hashing algorithm if enough people feel it makes sense. I also have some ideas for a visual update and I'm considering implementing some gimmicks such as a "special edition" wallet which only kicks in when a minimum balance is reached (for example, 500,000 MRY). I'm also strongly considering a default donation charged on all transactions which automatically goes to the Murray Bros. Foundation (I would include the option to reduce or even disable the donation, of course, as an actual forced donation might not be appealing to everybody). Primarily brainstorming here but I don't think it's fair for me to simply make the executive decision here when this is becoming more and more of a community effort every day. Let's get the conversation started and I will start doing some research as well as soon as time allows.

Brian has been kicking ass as usual and more and more people are getting excited (or at least intrigued) about what we're doing here. I've said from the start we have something different and, despite my lack of steady presence here, we do have a solid plan that remains in motion and I'm as confident as ever that things are going to play out nicely.

Thanks for the update!  Any chance to get MRY on other exchanges soon too?

Will try to post up some discussion ideas re. your thoughts in this post, thanks.

***Whale watching***
enderp

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 05:45:23 PM

Thanks bholzer. Always good to hear the latest news.

I'll put some thought into the items you've suggested and post back here once I have.

Also, very cool to see Murraycoin mentioned with golf, on back9network.com.
brianbbad

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 04:03:36 AM

Well, I personally think MRY's algorithm & specs are fine as is, but discussion on those fronts is always encouraged.

So I've figured out an awesome opportunity to get the word out about MRY to a large (targeted) number of people, but since bholzer sounds like he's almost finished with the revamped website, I'll hold off a little bit. Pretty excited, though... I'll just have to keep working on my Murraycoin-themed song until then. (I don't consider myself a musician per se, but I do play the guitar & sing. ^_^)
enderp

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 11:21:05 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2014, 05:11:00 PM by enderp

I’m not up on all the latest algorithms either, but I agree with Brian, I think the current algorithm is good. I think it was chosen for a good reason with the last fork. That said, if something else would be better for the coin, it’d certainly be interesting to hear about.

A special edition wallet sounds cool. Would it just be snazzy graphics (which would be fun, I miss the old animated graphics from way back in spring...), or would there be other special edition features? Maybe you’d need that special edition wallet for certain goods / services with Murraycoin?

I like the idea of a default donation. As you say, bholzer, the ability to remove the donation probably makes sense, but I bet most people just leave it, since it's for a good cause.

Good luck getting the new website done.  Smiley
Anixs

Activity: 149

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:08:53 PM

I'm now mining this on FusionHash.  Smiley  Bill Murray was in my favorite movie of all time (Ghostbusters).  Grin
Sons_of_Crypto

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 07:34:22 PM

I’m not up on all the latest algorithms either, but I agree with Brian, I think the current algorithm is good. I think it was chosen for a good reason with the last fork. That said, if something else would be better for the coin, it’d certainly be interesting to hear about.

A special edition wallet sounds cool. Would it just be snazzy graphics (which would be fun, I miss the old animated graphics from way back in spring...), or would there be other special edition features? Maybe you’d need that special edition wallet for certain goods / services with Murraycoin?

I like the idea of a default donation. As you say, bholzer, the ability to remove the donation probably makes sense, but I bet most people just leave it, since it's for a good cause.

Good luck getting the new website done.  Smiley

after some reflection I'd have to address with this.  I can't speak for the algo so bholzer please do as you like with that.  As for the other items, the wallet idea is cool but not a deal breaker.  It's more "if you have time" kinda thing.  If (I mean WHEN Cheesy ) the coin breaks out mainstream, I think the sp. ed. wallet (Bill Murray Black Edition wallet ? Wink ) would be very cool to have out there.

at first I wasn't for the default donation (thinking it was seemingly "forced") but with the ability to remove that's fine to have it.  though like mentioned above, most folks would (and should) just leave it since it's for charity....not to mention it won't be a ton of money anyways.  since it could be incorporated easily i think it's a nice idea.

will try to think of more things to get the coin going mainstream, as I trust dev is working hard behind the scenes to bring this coin full circle soon enough.

***Whale watching***
CryptoLogo

Activity: 656
Merit: 251

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 03:41:28 AM

Well, I personally think MRY's algorithm & specs are fine as is, but discussion on those fronts is always encouraged.

So I've figured out an awesome opportunity to get the word out about MRY to a large (targeted) number of people, but since bholzer sounds like he's almost finished with the revamped website, I'll hold off a little bit. Pretty excited, though... I'll just have to keep working on my Murraycoin-themed song until then. (I don't consider myself a musician per se, but I do play the guitar & sing. ^_^)

Hurry up with the Murraycoin song Brian. I need something to dance to in these fields of BTC BTC

Let the Good Times Roll  Cool

NRD

Activity: 37

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 11:36:38 PM

I've been out of the crypto game for a while now, but I still hold all my Murraycoin! I'm amazed at how this coin just keeps on keeping on. Thanks to everyone in the community for all the work you do for the coin, and for making this one of the friendliest, drama free threads I've ever seen for a crypto currency.

Bill would certainly approve
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/03/20/article-2296269-18CD2938000005DC-64_634x426.jpg
Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 01:52:31 AM

Im looking into running a Murray coin pool, am I able to use p2pool?
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 02:48:01 PM

someone is dumping into volumeless buy support, down to 180 sats
Anixs

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 05:07:55 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2014, 06:50:08 PM by Anixs

someone is dumping into volumeless buy support, down to 180 sats

brianbbad

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 11:05:53 PM

I don't know who has been dumping en masse recently, although that recent huge sell at 182 SAT was me, sorry about that but I was kinda in a bind & needed cash. I've just been chronically underemployed for a while, but just started a new job this week so hopefully that will be the last time I sell any MRY for the near future.
Anixs

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 11:34:59 PM

I don't know who has been dumping en masse recently, although that recent huge sell at 182 SAT was me, sorry about that but I was kinda in a bind & needed cash. I've just been chronically underemployed for a while, but just started a new job this week so hopefully that will be the last time I sell any MRY for the near future.

Thanks for being upfront about it, brianbbad Smiley

I'm still enjoying mining on FusionHash!
brianbbad

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 11:44:18 PM

Hey, and thanks for understanding. I will be doing my big promo push to thousands of people this coming week, regardless whether the new & improved website comes out by then, and someone's working on a commerce site that will accept MRY as payment, so hopefully Murraycoin will be taking the spotlight soon!
Sons_of_Crypto

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 03:44:28 PM

Hey, and thanks for understanding. I will be doing my big promo push to thousands of people this coming week, regardless whether the new & improved website comes out by then, and someone's working on a commerce site that will accept MRY as payment, so hopefully Murraycoin will be taking the spotlight soon!

Kickass man, nice job + good luck!  Looking forward to upcoming MRY exposure and benefit to all involved.

***Whale watching***
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: