Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:30:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: General Publics Perception of Bitcoin? What are your experiences?  (Read 238 times)
Rhaizan

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:22:11 AM

What is your experience with the average Joe and Bitcoin? When I talk with the average user about Bitcoin, I usually get a variation of these three responses:

"Bitcoin? Isn't that stock crashing and becoming worthless?"

"Bitcoin is a scam and the government will shut it down. It will die soon, no way the federal reserve will let it be worth more than the dollar."

"Yeah, i've heard of Bitcoin. I like pokemon cards better though. I used to like and collect Pogs."

99% of the non-crypto users I speak with say something to that effect. How can we change their perception of Bitcoin? Is it even possible? I believe a lot of it has to do with just a general absence of knowledge when it comes to what bitcoin is.

What have you guys heard the public say about Bitcoin?

Some people are saying bitcoin is a scam and they heard it in news, that many people are crying because they lose their money  through investing in bitcoin and I said no, bitcoin not a scam the truth scam is the people that using the name of bitcoin to steal the people's money. Honestly the people who heard a bad news about the bitcoin, are hard to believe on what we explain.

Yeah you got it. If people's who heard a bad news about in bitcoin probably hard to believe on what we explain, but if you have a prove that bitcoin is really legits for investment they will believe in you.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:26:09 AM

Personally, I don't think the average person who's even on this message board and other Bitcoin related social media even have a firm grasp of Bitcoin and/or related technologies. So it goes without saying that the average person outside the community is going to be pretty much clueless.

You and others have mentioned various ways people react to Bitcoin, but to add something different I'd throw in that at one point back in 2011-2012 and maybe a bit after, people mostly seemed to know Bitcoin as something used to buy illegal things off the 'dark net'.
D3F4L7 RAT

Activity: 172
Merit: 34

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:27:01 AM

Yeah you got it. If people's who heard a bad news about in bitcoin probably hard to believe on what we explain, but if you have a prove that bitcoin is really legits for investment they will believe in you.
It's just that because of the happenings in blackmarket, no doubt that the name of bitcoin has been painted with a negative definition because of the use of crpytocurrency as transaction is the black market . Well OP is correct that it is the absence of bitcoin knowledge that makes people perceive a negative meaning of crypto especially bitcoin
vickybitcoin

Activity: 149
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:37:15 AM

What is your experience with the average Joe and Bitcoin? When I talk with the average user about Bitcoin, I usually get a variation of these three responses:

"Bitcoin is a scam and the government will shut it down. It will die soon, no way the federal reserve will let it be worth more than the dollar."

"Yeah, i've heard of Bitcoin. I like pokemon cards better though. I used to like and collect Pogs."

99% of the non-crypto users I speak with say something to that effect. How can we change their perception of Bitcoin? Is it even possible? I believe a lot of it has to do with just a general absence of knowledge when it comes to what bitcoin is.

I myself was a skeptic of bitcoin and all other cryptocurrencies., I had thoughs of getting scammed or being rubbed in my face but thanks to bitcointalk I have learned a lot from here and infact and starting to earn my free bitcoin/ satoshis and i am so happy about it because it is really true that we can earn from here without investing a big amount of money I just give my perseverance hardwork and a lot of patience!
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:26:10 AM

Most of typical people I know, are not into cryptocurrencies and they don't know much about them. All they can say is that Bitcoin is a financial pyramid because they have heard so in the news where an economist was talking about Bitcoin. What a shame that they only thing they say is that Bitcoin is worthless because it is a few zeros in the computer. I try to educate other people if they ask me about Bitcoin and help them with buying and storing it.
A lot of people believe what they hear in the news is truth, and that is problem for many things not just Bitcoin. Most of the people are ignorant and doesn't want to think with their heads. For some its easier to live in ignorance, than to make some effort and learn few things before claiming something to be fake or fraud. It has always been like that, and maybe it will always stay like that.

There are great deal of things that makes people believe that bitcoin is worthless, but main problem is ignorance. All we can do is keep sharing what we know with people that are interested, and hopefully that will be enough. Also remember that bitcoin is currency... its not meant only for storing. By spending, you also show other people that its valid way of paying and not some petty scam.
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:43:38 AM

I too was one of those skeptics. When my brother told me about it ariund 2010/2011
I realky thought it was a fad and something for computer geeks and gamers.

Now im a computer geek and into crypto. I have stopped telling people about crypto
because I am tired of defending it against people who are too ignorant of it to realise
the benefits.

I have been told it a "pyramid scheme" and a "bubble" and "that wont last".
I also think that some of the people today who are negative towards crypto will eventually
Turn positive and kick themselves for their negativity.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:56:10 AM

A lot of FUD have been spread by the media about bitcoin. Since the rise to almost 20K last year, probably they have been pushed to spread the bad or fake news by financial institutions and officials. Exchanges getting hacked is also one of the reasons that give crypto a bad name. As long as people are not into the crypto environment, they have a negative opinion because they only hear the headlines of bad news.
Although, it's a fact that there are too many scams
Maybe more than 90% of the ICO's are just scams.

Jendral22

Activity: 61

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:56:58 AM

I once asked some people about bitcoin, and the answer is almost the same: "Bitcoin is a fraud", "Bitcoin is something created by the US to destroy other countries"
funchiestz

Activity: 1134
Merit: 342

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:05:14 AM

While the price of bitcoin is steady or declining, many people are preparing the doomsday scenarios. However, as I have come across many times in the past, those who tell the doomsday scenario ask when the price of Bitcoin starts to rise: Where can I buy it? Now I understand that when people ask me where can I buy or how to buy, it means that my time has come to sell. Because the price is approaching the summit of that period.

Bitcoin is your future. After a few years both Bitcoin and many altcoins will be much higher than what they are now.
Ahimoth

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:12:48 AM

Some people are saying bitcoin is a scam and they heard it in news, that many people are crying because they lose their money  through investing in bitcoin and I said no, bitcoin not a scam the truth scam is the people that using the name of bitcoin to steal the people's money. Honestly the people who heard a bad news about the bitcoin, are hard to believe on what we explain.
Perception is not certain not until you experience it yourself. Well for me I've expected big in bitcoin and it doesn't disappoint me cause it met my perception about it. Bitcoin is a good thing to be involve but always be careful and you will expect that good things will fall into its places. Bitcoin is great for my life.
bigmaster23

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:13:21 AM

Here in my neighborhood they don't believe in crypto they told me it was crap and full of promising scam well I told them you could easily gain money if you just hold bitcoin for a certain period of time if your content with the profit you made from where you hold the price, you can easily cash-out the fiat money but they don't believe in bitcoin if fact their more into social system, work and other lifestyle. I guess were not in the same abundant way of living.

richan

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:50:29 AM

The average man on street thinks bitcoins is a quick money scheme where you can be able to make money just by putting your money in like money ponzi scheme available. They fail to know bitcoin is peer to peer medium of exchange. Others also think of it as something scammers and fraudsters are related to .
Crypto Mark

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:56:30 AM

There are some mention for bitcoin especially in Indonesia. The term cryptocurrency comes with the presence of Bitcoin in Indonesian society. At that time there were media reporters who called it the term "crypto currency" which later developed into several types of mentions namely digital currencies, alternative currencies and virtual currencies (VC).
taksrkanah

Activity: 88

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:59:35 AM

Most people consider bitcoin as gold to be bought cheaply and sold when prices soar, but they forget that the original purpose of bitcoin production is bitcoin can become a global currency.
It takes a long time for the bitcoin to reach that phase, let alone the whale continues to pump bubbles for bitcoin. It is very difficult for bitcoin to achieve a stable value.
mackenzie5

Activity: 156

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:16:52 AM

Bitcoin is a decentralized peer to peer cryptocurrency system that allows online users to transact through digital units called Bitcoin .Bitcoin has created several interest in the people Bitcoin payment is processed through a private network the transactions are recorded in Blockchain that updates and informs all accounts . Bitcoin is mined by a computer or purchases with fiat currency and the Bitcoins are saved in a wallet Bitcoin address is changed with each purchase for safety.One of the great benefits of Bitcoin users have are there is no third party interference.
mbe48

Activity: 994
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:34:34 AM

Perhaps your perception is the same as the perception of someone who knows me.
Last year at the beginning of 2017 bitcoin has a low price many are mocking because I invest bitcoin and many say bitcoin is just a fraud will not make success, but I still run instinct and hope on bitcoin.
But the mocking perception changed when bitcoin prices soared, as they approached me and wanted to learn about bitcoin investments. Basically, people will not believe in new things with a chat, but by proving real or seeing our success they will believe. That's a big mistake we see first the success of others, when our success just follow.

So essentially, don't be influenced by others and succeed yourself so that others have a positive perception of us.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:33:08 PM

Most people consider bitcoin as gold to be bought cheaply and sold when prices soar, but they forget that the original purpose of bitcoin production is bitcoin can become a global currency.
It takes a long time for the bitcoin to reach that phase, let alone the whale continues to pump bubbles for bitcoin. It is very difficult for bitcoin to achieve a stable value.

Replacing "old ways" is hard, so maybe bitcoin will never achieve its goal, there is chance for that also.
But you are correct that, as long as people look on bitcoin and use it as an asset, it will continue being bubble.
What we need is more places where we could use our bitcoins, so that other people could see that bitcoin is valid thing, and not some fraud.
Trying to convince someone, who doesn't want to learn is wasting of time. People will learn more about bitcoin and crypto when they decide to, and not when we want to.
HarrisonErnest

Activity: 188

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:55:54 PM

If I talk about myself, I had no idea of Bitcoin except that it is something related to exchange of the currencies. After that, I came across a few pages on Instagram and started hearing about different coins like PRG, ETH. I got curious then and found out about the Cryptocurrency.
JeffreyElvis

Activity: 162

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:09:10 PM

7 out of 10 people on average have a clear idea about what Bitcoin is. They are not sure of how it works or what is done, but the public knows what it is. There is no bad image of Bitcoin except that everyone feels it is very risky and there can be other ways to invest your money.
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:10:18 PM

Please do not worry about people feeling about bitcoin. People like to see evident before believing in any new technology or ideology. From all indication bitcoin is going to make impact beyond reasonable doubt. Bitcoin will speak for itself.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: