Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:52:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins Lost In Transit?  (Read 737 times)
jmevz (OP)

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:08:54 PM

Hi All,

So I sent some Bitcoin from my PC Wallet QT to an exchange last night, and right after my internet cut out. I checked the transaction status in my wallet and it said not transmitted. So, I closed my wallet, and re-opened it, checked the transaction info again and it says 0 unconfirmed.

It's been sitting in that status all night with no confirmation on the exchange end either.

Are my coins lost in transit? Is there something I can do to amend?

I've checked the hash in Blockchain and it says invalid? Sad

Your help appreciated.

Cheers,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JCar02

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:43:02 PM

after the transaction doesn't go through for a certain amount of time ur wallet will rebroadcast the transaction or it will be canceled and returned to your wallet. you have nothing to worry about --unless that exchange input address gets reused -- but u might not be able to get to ur coins for a few days/ up to a week
jmevz (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:46:47 PM

after the transaction doesn't go through for a certain amount of time ur wallet will rebroadcast the transaction or it will be canceled and returned to your wallet. you have nothing to worry about --unless that exchange input address gets reused -- but u might not be able to get to ur coins for a few days/ up to a week

Hey, thanks heaps, was worrying for a minute there. The address shouldn't get re-used, hopefully, I still have an active account with them. But I have to wait a week? Seriously lol...

Thanks again Smiley

JCar02

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:51:27 PM

Hey, thanks heaps, was worrying for a minute there. The address shouldn't get re-used, hopefully, I still have an active account with them. But I have to wait a week? Seriously lol...

Thanks again Smiley
try to use "reset blockchain and transactions"'  option if it is available on your client you will most likely get access to the coins immediately i believe if your wallet supports that. (multibit does), this will take some time for it to resync.
JamesIV

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 02:05:14 AM

Almost the exact same thing happened to me, JCar has the correct idea.

Dux2K
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:44:29 AM

Has happened to me too...
Luckily it wasn't a big amount so i just went on without looking back.

Coinroll - Bitcoin Gambling

[fX665GSjkGyrckCzk]
jmevz (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:16:41 AM

My coins finally pending confirmation on the exchange, woohoo!

Thanks guys Smiley Just re-opened wallet again this afternoon and once it caught up, it must have re-done it Smiley

jmevz (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:22:47 AM

Now they're two confirmations on the Blockchain, but none on the exchange, how does that work exactly? Do exchanges only check the confirmations every so often or something?

Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:38:02 AM

Now they're two confirmations on the Blockchain, but none on the exchange, how does that work exactly? Do exchanges only check the confirmations every so often or something?

Most of the exchange would still consider your deposit "pending" until it has 6+ confirmations.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: