Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:50:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reminder: You can buy stuff with bitcoin.  (Read 155 times)
Linh Ga (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:59:34 PM

It might seem obvious but people nowadays miss the fact you can use bitcoin to buy stuff. That ""hodl!"" mentality was not that strong back in 2013 when I first came across that ""magic internet money"".I don't know how it feels buying two pizzas for $35m but I have bought quite a lot of games through humble bundle and seeing them to not look great deals after all is not that great. But if we really need to see that mass adoption coming anytime soon we need to push for merchant adoption. We need people getting paid in bitcoin and people willing to pay in bitcoin. Stop yelling a misspelled word made by an a drunk autistic ""trader"" from 2013.
www.usebitcoins.info www.openbazaar.org www.purse.io www.spendbitcoins.com www.coinmap.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lovebts

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 03:03:25 PM

You should spend bitcoin to help the bitcoin economy.
If you made a lot of profit you owe taxes on any bitcoin you spend. Capital gains or w.e applies in your country.

MUCH smarter idea is simply buy new bitcoin today, and use that to spend. That way you help the bitcoin economy, you don't incur tax implications and you create buy pressure prior to the sell pressure any merchant you buy something using BTC will create when they sell that BTC you just gave them. Most merchants will sell it for fiat or use a service that does this directly without them even handling any bitcoin ever. They only want revenue from increased sales, they are not in it to hodl (Overstock is an exception).

P/s: Don't spend your investment bitcoin unless you want to pay taxes on the profit. Capital gains apply. You can buy fresh new bitcoin today right now to spend on purchases if you want to spend bitcoin to help the bitcoin economy.
Purwal

Activity: 43
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 03:06:50 PM

My favourite place to spend btc is bitgild.com. VAT free silver coins if you live in Europe. Less than 1btc bought me a massive collection. All good prices too.
Ronaldo Vu

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 03:11:13 PM

You can buy stuff (well, specifically limited edition Crypto related fine art prints) for Ether right here: http:www.doac.us.
Fine art might be one of the few things that has a shot at appreciating more than your coins long term...
bolbau

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 03:33:40 PM

yes all users and bitcoin communities should start restoring the initial and purposeful function of bitcoin as a means of payment to buy some stuff. because it will help bitcoin to be more stable and not just a bubble in the future. what happens now is that bitcoin has value only on the pump and dump, which can be controlled by a handful of groups or people.
hodlftw

Activity: 326
Merit: 104

Santa Coin

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 03:43:07 PM

I am aware, and I actively use my Bitcoins as tender. If only it were spendable everywhere, then I would probably have spend at least 10% of what I own.

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:09:31 PM

It might seem obvious but people nowadays miss the fact you can use bitcoin to buy stuff. That ""hodl!"" mentality was not that strong back in 2013 when I first came across that ""magic internet money"".I don't know how it feels buying two pizzas for $35m but I have bought quite a lot of games through humble bundle and seeing them to not look great deals after all is not that great. But if we really need to see that mass adoption coming anytime soon we need to push for merchant adoption. We need people getting paid in bitcoin and people willing to pay in bitcoin. Stop yelling a misspelled word made by an a drunk autistic ""trader"" from 2013.
www.usebitcoins.info www.openbazaar.org www.purse.io www.spendbitcoins.com www.coinmap.org

The reason why the word HODL became very famous is that the fact that bitcoins value have increased tremendously. The super volatility of bitcoin destroyed the main feature of bitcoin as a currency and was treated like a stock or commodity. People are flocking in bitcoins but without plans to use it to purchase things but rather to profit.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 04:57:15 PM

This is a list by 99Bitcoins and I am sure this will help most of us to find the commodities which we are looking to purchase with Bitcoin. Unfortunately, no major e-commerce platform is accepting crypto as of now but I believe that we will see Amazon and other e-commerce giants accepting Bitcoin in the next decade.

* Who Accepts Bitcoins As Payment? List of Companies.

As of now, most of us have to cash out Bitcoins into the fiat currency in order to spend it but that's definitely not the Satoshi's expectations for Bitcoin.
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:06:37 PM

As of now, most of us have to cash out Bitcoins into the fiat currency in order to spend it but that's definitely not the Satoshi's expectations for Bitcoin.
Unfortunately since VISA has ended the partnership with the bitcoin (or other crypto) connected card issuer companies, you can only spend your coins after you have cashed them out. I know that when someone was using the bitcoin backed VISA debit card at the merchants, the card issuer has exchanged the bitcoins in the wallet on the fly, and the merchant has received the exchanged fiat equivalent amount, but that time you had to exchange the exact amount and not a bigger sum at once.
These days, merchants usually use bitpay to exchange the bitcoin payments, because it's easier for them if they don't have to deal with bitcoins directly, but as long as they will be able to use bitcoins to pay some of their costs directly with them, it would change the current situation. But until that happens, bitpay and the similar payment processors will exchange the bitcoins and the circulation of bitcoin will stop at the merchants.
Aleksablack

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:57:44 PM

Yes indeed it is quite cool and new for us to buy things with bitcoins. NOT so long ago I saw an advertising message about the sale of a car for 1 bitcoin.
Stac

Activity: 419
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 07:15:14 PM

There are various online web sites which offer products and services in exchange of bitcoins, many companies started accepting the bitcoins and block chain technology due to the ease of use and it makes the transactions clear, secure and transparent. People prefer using the bitcoins services as the transactions are transferred through online protocols making the transaction safe and free from hackers as the transactions are secure. Due to high demand for bitcoins and wider acceptance of bitcoins there is still more potential for the bitcoins to increase its price

ragavancoin

Activity: 1432
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 09:09:15 AM

I am from India here we can recharge DTH mobile number recharge and more like a buying a gift card of Amazon Flipkart and more we can make a payment through Bitcoin. The Bitcoin getting popular in India day by day

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
.CYBERTRUCK.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
soplo

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 05:37:16 PM

all bitcoin users and communities also include me, maybe it's time to restore the initial functionality of bitcoin, ie as a means of payment to buy some stuff, and it can help bitcoin be stable, one online store that sells goods and can be paid with bitcoin is bitgild .com , it will also make it easier if we want to shop for goods from any country that already provides payment via bitcoin, and if bitcoin can be used anywhere then I personally will use 10% of what I have to buy favorite collection.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: