Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:19:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CoinEX Official IPO @ Cryptostocks.com  (Read 8721 times)
matauc12

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:05:47 PM

A valuation of close to 20million? Ouch. I'd like to be as much of a dreamer as you..... i don't even think btc-e is worth that much....
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Freezer

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:06:38 PM

I think it's speculating on the future of cryptocurrency. Just like buying coins. The price you pay now may be high if you compare it to current revenues, but im betting it will be worth it in the longer run.
I think the whole digital currency happening will get bigger and bigger and so will early investors. In currency and platforms. And next to that its a tradeable stock also, so a nice profit is possible there also.

thumbs up from me Smiley
clint25n

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:07:49 PM

I don't believe you're thinking correctly about stocks vs. dividends. I bought several Volkswagen stocks in the past. The value of the stock went up and I made money. Along the way, I earned dividends as a bonus. If you spend $50,000 on a stock and expect the dividend to pay you back in full, you may not understand the purpose of those dividends, they are meant to be a bonus, not a complete ROI.

As an example, I believe everyone that bought Scharmbeck and Cryptsy early on made money, not including making dividends.
compwindsor

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:10:53 PM

another greedy stock sale, they want all the money from investors but don't want to give up ownership and profits.

v overpriced

that's about what I think, too

..............  Says the guy with "Cryptsy - Sign Up Now!" in his sig....

Tagbond Rewards - My TAG ID is 4183 - Tag someone today with a reward, get your own TAG ID
stas

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:12:03 PM

I don't believe you're thinking correctly about stocks vs. dividends. I bought several Volkswagen stocks in the past. The value of the stock went up and I made money. Along the way, I earned dividends as a bonus. If you spend $50,000 on a stock and expect the dividend to pay you back in full, you may not understand the purpose of those dividends, they are meant to be a bonus, not a complete ROI.

As an example, I believe everyone that bought Scharmbeck and Cryptsy early on made money, not including making dividends.

And I think that you do not see difference between Stocks as FeeShares (leave a side Volkswagen and coinEx difference)  Smiley)

stas

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:14:23 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 02:34:33 PM by stas

another greedy stock sale, they want all the money from investors but don't want to give up ownership and profits.

v overpriced

that's about what I think, too

..............  Says the guy with "Cryptsy - Sign Up Now!" in his sig....

I now exactly what the volume of Cryptsy is every week
I know what the ROI of Cryptsy is.
And I know that Cryptsy's volume got higher about 15 times in last two months

Can you say all above about coinEx???

I did my math, believe me... did you?
By the way if someone wants to talk about it and do some math I will be glad to, but in "skype" not here... (tired of typing Smiley) )

good night all

bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:18:09 PM

you know what you have been told by vern right? not like he post any official info. just .. "here, we made this here is your cut " ?
stas

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:21:33 PM

you know what you have been told by vern right? not like he post any official info. just .. "here, we made this here is your cut " ?

I know what I see in column named "volume" every day. And I know my math.

gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:29:56 PM

I did some quick calculations based on cryptsy current payouts

45 BTC since okt 25th = 45 BTC in 3months = 15 BTC a month paid out.

15 BTC / 100,000 shares = 0,00015 BTC per share per month.

This will never be profitable, unless volume goes through the roof.

Ahh.. I just found this thread reading shares and coinex.pw and was all  Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin

then read your numbers and ended like that:

Huh  Shocked Sad Angry Sad

disapointing and i so like coinex.pw for trading!!
clint25n

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:43:51 PM

Just so you know, as you may already... a nice dividend payout is about 2 - 3.5% on average for an established company.
As an example, here are dividends based on the DOW Jones Industrial Average.

Now if you are expecting any company dividend (Cryptsy, CoinEX or Volkswagen) to ROI on dividends alone, you will be waiting a while.
I'm sure after 35 years of waiting, your stock would either be worth an exponentially higher amount, zero, or you would have long since sold the stock at a profit.
Dividends are meant to be a bonus to stock holders, not a short-term ROI.

If you have reason to believe a company will become more successful then they are today, invest in their stock, let it go much higher over the next few quarters or longer, accept the dividends as bonus and multiply your investment later by selling. If you are looking for a company that pays out enough in dividends to cover your original investment in a few years, move to another planet. Lol, just kidding on that last part, I couldn't think of a good sentence to finish that up. But basically, you don't judge stock growth potential on dividends, and they aren't meant to ROI short-term at all. I own many stocks that pay zero dividends, but still make money.

http://indexarb.com/dividendYieldSorteddj.html
gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:53:12 PM

well you are somewhat right.

I somewhere in my mind switched bitcoins and dollars but 1 share is only 0.04 btc. So you get into the range of your table.

that corrects my mood to:  Undecided

thanks Smiley

clint25n

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:00:23 AM

well you are somewhat right.

I somewhere in my mind switched bitcoins and dollars but 1 share is only 0.04 btc. So you get into the range of your table.

that corrects my mood to:  Undecided

thanks Smiley

Glad to be of service sir. Just that so many familiar with Bitcoin, but not necessarily the stock market, do such a good job at convincing others something they do not know too much about. I don't mean to be rude to you stas, I'm really talking more about some other people on Bitcointalk.
serrveraside

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 01:00:33 AM

The risk in crypto is far greater, so rewards must naturally, be higher.
clint25n

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:06:21 AM

Hehe, you must not have heard of the companies General Motors, AIG or Fannie Mae. But seriously, penny stocks are even more risky to me; I've lost so much on penny stocks. Maybe just my luck Wink
blueangel01

Activity: 406

Hello! Send me a message.

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:01:07 AM

not enough info, not enough liquidity... i will wait and see

Msg me if you want me to put anything here.
stas

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:27:37 AM

correct

stas

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:39:09 AM

Hehe, you must not have heard of the companies General Motors, AIG or Fannie Mae. But seriously, penny stocks are even more risky to me; I've lost so much on penny stocks. Maybe just my luck Wink

You are right about this one Smiley

MMos

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:55:13 AM

going to follow very closely! would love to pick up around 4-5 stock!

But please have the official site have some kind of announcement to prove legitimacy...sorry if that's a nub request but just wanted to be extra careful with accounts on here announcing IPO but not seeing anything about it on site as I have fellow friends who have fallen prey to IPO scams of all sorts...

fast2fix
Legendary

Activity: 1612
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:19:44 AM

going to follow very closely! would love to pick up around 4-5 stock!

But please have the official site have some kind of announcement to prove legitimacy...sorry if that's a nub request but just wanted to be extra careful with accounts on here announcing IPO but not seeing anything about it on site as I have fellow friends who have fallen prey to IPO scams of all sorts...

Yeah, can you guys can link your twitter account page on your site?
KonstantinosM

Activity: 1490
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:49:06 AM

From VCX at cryptostocks as I believe it also applies to coinex:

Risks
You must consider this investment a high risk investment with a high probability that the expected returns will not materialize or even a total loss if the investment. Operating a virtual currency trading platform incurs the risks of:
- double spend attacks on weak virtual currencies
- security breaches (e.g. 0 Day vulnerabilities)
- legal actions by governments against our service offering
- availability of key personnel to operate the platform
- continuation of the virtual currency networks (blockchains)

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: