Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:29:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VirtualMiner.eu - Development discussion  (Read 16724 times)
Nachtwind (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 12, 2011, 09:44:15 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2012, 08:17:04 AM by Nachtwind

What is it about?

„Virtual Mining“ is a game unlike any other currently found in the BTC community. In contrast to most other games VM is neither a gambling site, nor a Ponzi scheme to give most money to only a handful of people. In VM every user has the chance to make the same amount of money, no pyramid anywhere.
So in just a few words – what is VM?
As the name says: Virtual Mining is virtual mining.
It seemed to become sort of a trend to spawn new forks for fast pump and dump. This lead to some serious opportunities to make money but It always had an impact on the BTC network since it had drawn computing power away from the real network. Also most of the chains were rather short lived. So this game is meant to put this on a different level. In VM you are meant to create virtual rigs and point them on virtual forks, here called “chains” (short for Blockchains). As of now there will be up to 5 parallel chains around and everyone can mine with as many virtual rigs on those.
As in real BitCoin you earn coins from mining which can be traded for Bitcoins on the site’s exchange. Therefore this game is basically a virtual BitCoin network.

So what are the rules?
Currently the game is running in a testing phase – therefore all of the rules are negotiable, except the one about cheating

-   Every user may “Buy” up to 30 rigs per account
  o   A rig can be upgraded 7 times
  o   A rig costs 0.025 Btc (including 100vMH (virtual MegaHash)) any upgrade 0.005 BTC per 100vMH

-   Users can create new Chains
  o   There can be a maximum 10 parallel active chains
    x   A chain is flagged inactive after 24 hrs. of no one mining it anymore
    x   A chain is deactivated (unminable and untradeable, 24hrs after flagging inactive)
    x   Every new chain costs 0.125BTC for every Chain already in existence. The first one is free, the 2nd costs 0.125, the third 0.25 and so on..
  o   There is currently no upper limit on coins created nor a way to premine coins. This might come later.

-   To prevent bubbling on the exchange a fee of 0.3% exists on all trades. Fees go into a Faucet

-   Deposits are handled with a unique address every time. A deposition is “valid” and added to the account after 4 confirmations.

-   There is a small fee of 0.01BTC on withdrawal. This is to keep the server alive and cover transfer costs.

-   “Cheating”
  o   “In theory, as the service operator, I could keep the bitcoins for myself. I'm not going to do this, but I completely accept that people do not trust the service operator. It is their freedom of choice, and Bitcoin is about freedom.” (slush)

Screenshot:

Have fun and please report every bug or suggestion here Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nachtwind (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2011, 09:45:21 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2011, 03:26:45 PM by Nachtwind

API Information

I currently offer a limited API for interaction. All functions return JSON statements and can be called via virtualminer.eu/api.php

Syntax for the currently available commands:

api.php?a=action&p1=param1&p2=param2&p3=param3&p4=param4

Action: GetChains
   Params:
   Return: List of all Chains and their Parameters

Action: GetTicker
   Params: p1 = ChainID
   Return: High/Low/Last of the Chain defined in p1

Action: GetLast
   Params: p1 = ChainID, p2 = Number of Items
   Return: Get the p2 last transactions for the Chain defined in p1

Planned:
- Rig managment (rename, upgrade etc)
- Trading (once the exchange works as expected..)
- User to User Coin Transfer
more?
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 12, 2011, 09:53:58 PM

Been watching this evolve as Nachtwind's little project.  Alpha should be interesting, hopefully in beta we'll have a cleaned up UI.  My personal game to compare this to (once its in full swing) is the old Trade Wars/Drug Wars BBS games Smiley.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
Nachtwind (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 04:56:58 AM

Just solved some minor bugs that were noticed during the night. ..
nhodges

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 07:50:56 AM

Just solved some minor bugs that were noticed during the night. ..

Neat idea.

[edit: nvm, user error]

Nachtwind (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 12:33:41 PM

Alright.. after the first few days of testing i came accross several bugs and some ideas on how to improve the UI. If everything goes well i can start the Beta phase next week
wildboy211

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 12:27:25 PM

A suggestion after playing for a few minutes:
1. Item costs. I built a rig, and i had no idea how much it costed until AFTER i bought it. I can upgrade my rig, but i have no idea how much its going to cost.
Nachtwind (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 03:18:12 PM

Well.. thats a good idea and it has been noted..
But - currently i rewrite the game (for the third time in its existence) so dont worry if you dont see updates atm. The version you all test was meant to be the final one day but now is just some testing ground for most functions.. i will release soon version 3 which then should finally be the one to call "final" ^^

Nachtwind (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 03:32:03 PM

Just to show what is now being build:

Nachtwind (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 03:58:24 PM

i might add that this version in the picture is not online yet, but will come online this night (CET) or tomorrow...
Nachtwind (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 10:25:43 PM

Alright.. i have updated the game to the newest version and it now is in the Beta phase.

Rules apply again as before. New users get 1 virtual BTC to play with, deposits and withdraws wont work yet. Existing user accounts have been resetted.
Please comment on any bugs you find as well as on the game itself in general.

ChrisColon

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 11:12:45 PM

I often get an error that tells me to enter only numbers when that is exactly what I am doing. This was with the old site and is still happening with the new site. This happens when buying/selling stuff on the exchange and when creating a new chain. Other than that I found one new problem, choosing which chain to mine and upgrading a rig doesn't seem to work in Google Chrome. Works fine in Firefox.

The game itself.. The idea is very interesting, it could be a lot of fun. The biggest problem the game has right now is in my opinion that rigs and upgrades are way too cheap. There is really no reason for anyone not to just buy a few dozen rigs and instantly upgrade every rig to maximum.
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 11:17:07 PM

Yo Dawg, I heard you like mining rigs, so I built you a mining rig on your mining rig so you can mine while you mine

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
Nachtwind (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 11:27:43 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2011, 11:40:47 PM by Nachtwind

I often get an error that tells me to enter only numbers when that is exactly what I am doing.
Can you give me examples of what numbers you enter? Valid are formats are "1" "1.1" "1,1" - should be working.. basically..

This was with the old site and is still happening with the new site.
Got to look into that again. Both pages used different approaches on validation of the imput..

Other than that I found one new problem, choosing which chain to mine and upgrading a rig doesn't seem to work in Google Chrome. Works fine in Firefox.
Ok.. confirmed. I will try to make this chrome compatible.

The biggest problem the game has right now is in my opinion that rigs and upgrades are way too cheap. There is really no reason for anyone not to just buy a few dozen rigs and instantly upgrade every rig to maximum.

Thats right. prices are, at the moment, pure random numbers i entered once. My idea was that noone will invest 1BTC right from the start into the game so it would make a difference if you pay 0.025 for a rig or 0.0025. But its good that you start that topic here and now. Prices are all discussable and i am also thinking that it is, as it is too cheap atm (except for new chains)
ChrisColon

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 11:40:47 PM

I got the number error when I wanted to create a new chain with 6 blocks per hour and 50 coins per block. On the old site it worked to just enter 50.0 and 6.0 instead. On the new site that doesn't seem to work.

Maybe it would be a good idea to have users pay "electricity fees" for their rigs. It makes things more realistic and it also solves the problem of everyone just buying a ton of rigs right from the beginning because you could make a loss if you aren't careful. If your balance reaches zero, all your rigs would automatically be turned off.
BitLex

Activity: 532
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 11:41:18 PM

1. log in - done
2. create rig_1 - done
3. create rig_2 - done
4. create new chain - "Notice: Undefined variable: abrev in /home/virtualminer/public_html/posts.php on line 50 Notice: Undefined variable: target in /home/virtualminer/public_html/posts.php on line 50 {"result":"error","msg":"Please use a real number. "}"
4.1. hit the back button - a second rig_2 appeared
5. repeat step 4.
5.1 hit the back button - a third rig_2 appeared

besides the fact it doesnt work, on "start a new chain" it says "a new rig will cost you..".

PS: my "real numbers" have been 20blocks/h and 25coins/block

Nachtwind (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 11:44:05 PM

I got the number error when I wanted to create a new chain with 6 blocks per hour and 50 coins per block. On the old site it worked to just enter 50.0 and 6.0 instead. On the new site that doesn't seem to work.

Still cant reproduce.. but i will try to change the validation tomorrow morning again... strange.

Maybe it would be a good idea to have users pay "electricity fees" for their rigs. It makes things more realistic and it also solves the problem of everyone just buying a ton of rigs right from the beginning because you could make a loss if you aren't careful. If your balance reaches zero, all your rigs would automatically be turned off.
The idea is good.. but what should i charge? Could i possibly drain on the submitted BTC? Thats not what i want (dont want to impose fees that arent really neccessary..). I have prepared a global maximum on hashing capacity that people will be able to rause in future with donations.. its only prepared atm and not yet decided upon. But electrical fee has some appeal..
Nachtwind (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 11:49:34 PM

1. log in - done
2. create rig_1 - done
3. create rig_2 - done
4. create new chain - "Notice: Undefined variable: abrev in /home/virtualminer/public_html/posts.php on line 50 Notice: Undefined variable: target in /home/virtualminer/public_html/posts.php on line 50 {"result":"error","msg":"Please use a real number. "}"
4.1. hit the back button - a second rig_2 appeared
5. repeat step 4.
5.1 hit the back button - a third rig_2 appeared

besides the fact it doesnt work, on "start a new chain" it says "a new rig will cost you..".

PS: my "real numbers" have been 20blocks/h and 25coins/block

Should be fixed. There was a copy/paste mistake between the old and the new version..

The thing with the multiple new rigs is due to using the back button. In the end it shouldnt be needed at all on the page.. but happens when an error occurs. I will just say that this bug will be gone once no more "back" is needed ;0)
BitLex

Activity: 532
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 11:56:39 PM

The thing with the multiple new rigs is due to using the back button. In the end it shouldnt be needed at all on the page.. but happens when an error occurs. I will just say that this bug will be gone once no more "back" is needed ;0)
i'm fine with it.  Smiley
anyway, it'll be nice to be able to rename rigs if i wish, or need to.

edit: chain-creation works ok now, but it seems like it actually IS just one rig_2, if i set one of them to a different chain, all of them switch.

Nachtwind (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 11:59:05 PM

i'm fine with it.  Smiley
anyway, it'll be nice to be able to rename rigs if i wish, or need to.

Thats on my list :0)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: