Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:15:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How is established the value of a new coin ?  (Read 345 times)
crocko (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:34:02 PM

What make a new coin "valuable" ?
How / Who establish its value vs BTC / LTC ?
How can be listed a new coin on sites like Cryptsy, Coinex, Bter then on BTC-E, Crypto-Trade, Bitstamp, etc ?
What make people to adopt a new coin ? I mean, look at DOGE.
The persons involved in launching new coins shouldn't be worried about the "value" factor ?

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 10:47:08 PM

The value of a coin is mostly tied to the size and quality of the community. The bigger the community (aka adoption) the more valuable the coin.

The markets establish the price which is based on supply and demand.

How can be listed a new coin on sites like Cryptsy, Coinex, Bter then on BTC-E, Crypto-Trade, Bitstamp, etc ?

Each exchange has its own requirements. Build a strong coin and community and the exchanges will list the coin.

This is the toughest nut to crack. Marketing and timing are essential elements.

The persons involved in launching new coins shouldn't be worried about the "value" factor ?

Value is always a concern. If the coin has no value, it has no reason for existing.
Fastpow

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:47:18 PM

I'll try to answer some of your questions Smiley

What makes a coin valuable is really the perception of the community about it's value along with the various features a coin has to offer. I mean coins with innovative coins like Nxt (Guess we all know that one) or Vertcoin (Asic/GPU resistance) will onviously be seen as coins with a future since they are offering something new to the scene of cryptocurrencies.

Establishing it's value vs BTC/LTC is based on numerous factors, some of them are the price the cummunity is willing to pay for the coin. Another factor is the amount of coins in distribution, a coin 10 billion coins in circulation will obviously be worth les as a coin with 10 million coins and the same features.

Getting listed on exhanges is about getting votes on their forums and establishing a trade volume, this is because a coin needs to be profitable for an exchange aswell (trade fees).
Another factor in getting listen on an exchange is, in some cases i might add, bribing. Some exhanges are willing to take coins on their website in return for a share of the devolopers/community's coins.

Adoption of a coin is mainly a community thing, when certain people spread the word about a coin and get more people involved in a coin it'll be an upward trend from that point on. Those new people will also tell their friends/families about the coins and before you know it you've got a flourishing community around your coin Smiley
However it's also got to do with something i mentioned previously, innovative features. when a coin is launched as 'another clone' it'll be alot harder to find adoption for your coin as when you start up a whole new concept for a coin.

Hope this helps Smiley,

Pow
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: