Bitcoin Forum
December 16, 2017, 05:27:39 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Putting TerraHash Debacle To Rest, Finally.  (Read 15680 times)
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1302

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:52:58 PM

Whatever ended up happening here?

They stole our money and got away with it by the looks of things.

Did you guys get 55% refunds as promised

No.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bargraphics

Activity: 518

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 10:20:54 PM

Hi Everyone,

As you may have noticed I was part of a lawsuit against Tarandeep Gill and his company Terrahash.
We have successfully won a default judgment against Tarandeep/Terrahash. We have searched for him in the US/Canada/India and have found the following information which I’m releasing to the public so that others may try to locate and claim what Tarandeep wrongfully took from them.

I've done my best to double check and verify as much information as possible but that doesn’t mean it is 100%. Some of this information might be repetitive, my apologies. If any of you have additional questions to clarify any of the below information or to help you understand the con that Terrahash pulled I’ll try my best to answer. I also have copies of pretty much everything that’s ever been related to Tarandeep Gill online so if you need this information for your lawyers I’d be glad to provide it.

Let me make it exponentially clear to you Tarandeep. I will not stop going after you, just when you think everything is fine and you've purchased a house and a car with your new wife after moving back to Canada, that’s when I’ll spring my judgment on you. Every couple of months, just for the fun of it I’ll pay a skip tracer to check in on you. You are not welcome back in the US or Canada. Stay in India, you low life scammer.

Information Retained by Skip Tracers in California

Name: Tarandeep Sing Gill | ALIAS Amir Khan
Date of Birth - 05/24/1983
Social Security Number: 668-38-XXXX; issued in Georgia in 1979 (obviously this doesn't add up completely but it's what we have)

The companies listed below are those determined to be most recent employers for Tarandeep Gill dating back two (2) years.

Employers
1. Twinfolder, Inc. (2 addresses indicated)
a. 31135 Alvarado Niles Road
Union City, CA 94587
(415) 666-5560

b. 2046 Martin Avenue, #15
Santa Clara, CA 95050
(415) 666-5560

2. TerraHash, Inc.
366 South Mary Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94086

The investigation revealed in March of 2010 the subject Gill moved to:
88 Howard Street, Apt. 1205
San Francisco, CA 94105

The two cell phone numbers: (404) 429-3833 and (404) 429-3873 were identified to be registered to the subject, Gill by tracking his Social Security Number for positive identification of the phone numbers and billing addresses. The email address was: handsum_hunk_4_damsels@yahoo.com

A deposition of one of Gill's Friend provided the following likely most current information:
The Defendant Mehtab Bajwa | ALIAS Justin Reynolds, last saw the judgment Debtor in India at the debtor's wedding in Ludhiana,
India in May 2014.
The Debtor lives in Canada, but the Defendant Bajwa is not sure where in Canada.
The Debtor's telephone number is (956) 962-7317.
The Defendant Bajwa and Debtor went to Georgia Tech together in Atlanta, GA and they worked on
an app design, but never completed the project together.

Information Retained by Skip Tracers in India

India Marriage Certificate Details:
Date of marriage: May 04, 2014

Husband’s Detail:
Name: Tarandeep Singh Gill
Father’s Name: S. Gurmel Singh (read as Sardar Gurmel Singh)
Address: 9 Rajguru Nagar Extension, 3K, Ludhiana, Punjab
Wife’s Details:
Name: Jasmine Kaur
Father’s Name: S. Baljinder Singh Garewal
Address: V & P O: Badhowal, Ludhiana, Punjab

Verified the date of birth of the husband from marriage register as 24 May 1983.

Information Retained by Skip Tracers in Canada

Previous address in Vancouver was
498 Richards St Vancouver, BC

Present address
3110-13827 100 Ave Surrey, BC V3T5L2

Phone Number 1778 242 9002
Email tarangill3@gmail.com
Notes:
He is a treasurer of Society of Punjabi Engineers and Technologist of British Columbia.
His cell phone is turned off and it is his according to date of birth with cell phone provider.
He had a company called aptiQuant and he was a consultant.
He provided false information for some module for Microsoft. I believe he is still running this company.
There is a Tarandeep  Singh Gill also at the Coastal Health in Vancouver as a data analyst however unable to confirm it is him due to the privacy act.

Active BC Corporation
Tarandeep Singh Gill has an active BC corporate registration (sole proprietorship) called “Gill Web Services” of the nature “Computer Systems, Design & Related Services”.
This registration is associated with two addresses, 14829 73rd ave, Surrey, BC, Canada, V3S 0T7 and 88 Howard St, Apt 1205, San Francisco, CA, USA, 94105.

Personal Property
We searched the Personal Property Registry and located an entry indicating that, as of November 19, 2013, a Tarandeep Singh Gill was leasing a 2012 Toyota Corolla.
The address associated with Tarandeep in this PPR entry is 312 Wood St, New Westminster, BC, V3M 6P3, and the birthdate listed is April 26, 1983, which is very close to his last known birthdate you (April 24, 1983).

Last Known Address (Currently Located)
Tarandeep is still actively renting at the residential address at #3110-13827 100 Avenue, Surrey, British Columbia (the “3110 Surrey Address”).

Where is he?
We spoke with Tarandeep’s father who indicated that his son was in India for approximately six months, with no fixed address in India.

Phone Number
We confirmed Tarandeep’s Phone number is still 778-242-9002.

Social Media (some might be removed or content removed)
https://www.facebook.com/taran.gill - Tarandeep Gill (Amir Khan)
https://twitter.com/tarangill (His Twitter)
http://gatech.academia.edu/TarandeepGill (College  Profile)
https://plus.google.com/104808610838778513744 (Google+ Profile)
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/tarandeep-gill/5/372/8b0 (Linked In)

https://www.facebook.com/mehtab.bajwa - Mehtab Bajwa (Justin Reynolds)

https://www.facebook.com/aman.grewal.940 - Aman Grewal (Ricky)

Video of Tarandeep at TechCrunch

http://techcrunch.com/2013/04/28/rendezvous-connects-you-with-nearby-folks-who-share-your-interests-keeps-track-of-who-youve-met/
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 12:03:19 AM

Seems like forever ago I almost got taken by them.  Luckily I got a bad feeling when paypal still had a day or two to make a claim.   

Thanks bar for sharing this, I'm sure a lot need this info sadly.
terrahashexposed

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:34:22 AM

Lets not forget to name his accomplice Amninder Grewal AKA Aman Grewal AKA Ricky. He is the only one who was stupid (or dare I say brave?) enough to have had customer funds wired directly to his account from Terrahash's bank account.

All the evidence so far suggests that Tarandeep decamped only with bitcoins. There is no evidence of him withdrawing any funds directly from Terrahash's bank accounts. He just sent 12,000 USD to another person with last name "Gill" in Australia. He did, however, buy bitcoins from Coinbase using funds from the company's bank account at Chase. About 90,000 USD were wired from Terrahash to another company, which seems to be related to Terrahash. These funds were further wired to Amninder Grewal. The trail leads all the way to India.

Amninder Grewal is also from India and lives in Canada. Maybe Bargraphics can get more information about his whereabouts now?

Some of this info was obtained off hand from friends working in Chase and BoA. Hence, I am using this throwaway.
Tad3j

Activity: 270

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 02:43:12 PM

Bar, thanks for the valuable information. I think if the Tarangill will offer 55% earlier or even full refund, there will be no actions like this. I believe he is going to have a hell of a res of a life.
Bargraphics

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 03:03:30 PM

Lets not forget to name his accomplice Amninder Grewal AKA Aman Grewal AKA Ricky. He is the only one who was stupid (or dare I say brave?) enough to have had customer funds wired directly to his account from Terrahash's bank account.

All the evidence so far suggests that Tarandeep decamped only with bitcoins. There is no evidence of him withdrawing any funds directly from Terrahash's bank accounts. He just sent 12,000 USD to another person with last name "Gill" in Australia. He did, however, buy bitcoins from Coinbase using funds from the company's bank account at Chase. About 90,000 USD were wired from Terrahash to another company, which seems to be related to Terrahash. These funds were further wired to Amninder Grewal. The trail leads all the way to India.

Amninder Grewal is also from India and lives in Canada. Maybe Bargraphics can get more information about his whereabouts now?

Some of this info was obtained off hand from friends working in Chase and BoA. Hence, I am using this throwaway.

Great information,

One of the reasons I forgot to mention why I posted all of this information on here is because I've first hand witnesses what the community can do together (look at BFL) once there's enough information out there. Hopefully others come forward with additional information if there is any. Justice will be served one way or another even if it isn't financially but instead through stress and forever wondering when the judgement will come end up in their lap.

From all of the information gathered it looks like Amninder simply ran knowing that Tarandeep would be the one everyone went after. The Canadian Court systems are more than willing to transfer the judgement up there which is great news. Also transferring the judgement to any state in the US from California is extremely easy as well so no issues there.

As stated in my previous post I'll keep renewing these judgements and spending a few hundred dollars to keep skip tracers hot on these guys trail every so often. They definitely will be looking over their shoulders for the rest of their life.
zurg

Activity: 602

Crypto Investor ;)

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 03:14:25 PM

Sounds like a road trip to India is on order Smiley

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
terrahashexposed

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:46:32 AM

I was withholding some more information that I have been gathering over the past few months. I didn't want to alert these scumbags that we are hot on their trail. But what Bargraphics posted must have already alerted them, so here goes!

Friends of friends working for a Canadian bank have revealed that an account owned by Tarandeep received a wire transfer of about 100,000 USD from Bitstamp in November 2013. This money was then wired to a bank account in India, owned by none other but Tarandeep.

Another 30,000 USD was withdrawn from Terrahash's bank account in cash. The very same day Amninder's BoA account received a deposit of 30,000. Guess where that money was sent? Again forwarded to India.

Looks like our boys are gonna settle in India for a while. How hard is it to enforce a US judgment in India?

I doubt you can drive to India, lol. Do you happen to know any hitmen in India?
Bargraphics

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 11:12:54 AM

I was withholding some more information that I have been gathering over the past few months. I didn't want to alert these scumbags that we are hot on their trail. But what Bargraphics posted must have already alerted them, so here goes!

Friends of friends working for a Canadian bank have revealed that an account owned by Tarandeep received a wire transfer of about 100,000 USD from Bitstamp in November 2013. This money was then wired to a bank account in India, owned by none other but Tarandeep.

Another 30,000 USD was withdrawn from Terrahash's bank account in cash. The very same day Amninder's BoA account received a deposit of 30,000. Guess where that money was sent? Again forwarded to India.

Looks like our boys are gonna settle in India for a while. How hard is it to enforce a US judgment in India?

I doubt you can drive to India, lol. Do you happen to know any hitmen in India?

No one wants to stay in India,

Canadians tell me that it's a normal practice for men from India to move to Canada and gain citizenship then head back to India to marry to be able to bring them back into Canada to enjoy the benefits of their healthcare. From everything we learned about Tarandeep it appears this is what he is doing. Sometime in the next 3-6 months I will be he will be back in Canada with his new wife.

I doubt he will want to lease a car and rent a small apartment once that happens Wink
atomicchaos

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 01:39:16 PM

Bar-

Excellent job putting all this info out there. I am on a similar path with Jason Hudgins of Fibonacci, but the difference is that he is not going to be able to run like Taran did. It's people like you that help clean up this community, and it's unfortunate that most people easily let things go and too many people get away with scams. I'm noticing with my own issue that about 2-3% of people scammed in this realm don't lift a finger after being scammed and lay down and accept the loss. I couldn't fathom that.

I wish you and everyone else the best of luck with collecting from this scumbag.

I wonder if the GA SS was because that is where he resided when he became a citizen (not sure where he was born)?

Everyone reading this needs to use Bar as an example of how everyone needs to react in these situations. Obviously, everyone isn't going to have the resources to pursue him like this, but be vocal, and make sure you make it so the scammer cannot scam others.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
Bargraphics

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 01:51:35 PM

Bar-

Excellent job putting all this info out there. I am on a similar path with Jason Hudgins of Fibonacci, but the difference is that he is not going to be able to run like Taran did. It's people like you that help clean up this community, and it's unfortunate that most people easily let things go and too many people get away with scams. I'm noticing with my own issue that about 2-3% of people scammed in this realm don't lift a finger after being scammed and lay down and accept the loss. I couldn't fathom that.

I wish you and everyone else the best of luck with collecting from this scumbag.

I wonder if the GA SS was because that is where he resided when he became a citizen (not sure where he was born)?

Everyone reading this needs to use Bar as an example of how everyone needs to react in these situations. Obviously, everyone isn't going to have the resources to pursue him like this, but be vocal, and make sure you make it so the scammer cannot scam others.

Thank you,

Just make sure you guys do your best to post as much correct, verifiable information as possible. No sense in ruining someones life that has nothing to do with this. That being said, make sure you use every variation of the scammers verified name because google never forgets. Also be sure to post pictures hosted somewhere that the scammer cannot delete them (I have them saved on my computer but should probably upload here). Google images was a huge help in verifying that Amir's real name was actually Tarandeep (who I actually physically met in California).

Everyone that wants to post information, if it's relevant I'll spend the extra few hundred or so to verify bank accounts, locations, etc.. and keep compiling all the information on here. Any employer of Tarandeep will ultimately find this forum through google no matter how much fake SEO he does to website.

Enjoy the rest of your life Gill.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:02:51 PM

And now look at Jasinlee... so much for calling BKK as scammer eh buddy?

Knew he was a piece of shit when he started being a tool well back in 2013 when he started that fibonacci crap.

Bkkcoins work has not only helped this community, but his BOM and PCB have been adapted and copied many times. The Kondike has served as the basis for Technobit's miners, as well as a template probably for potential Litecoin mining ASIC pcb's as well, and who knows what other inspirations and technological innovations.

Accidents happen, and nothing is perfect. People lose bitcoins all the time, and they live through it, without brain damage.

That is not the case for real life accidents.

I appreciate what he has done to a tremendous degree, however it doesn't make it right for him to ignore his debts. I won't accept the not-small amount Chris owes me as some sort of collateral damage for the good of the greater mining community. That's ridiculous.

No one I hope would ask you to do that bassclef.

I merely think if anyone is going to smear his name they provide proof he lied and not insinuate that he faked or lied about laying in hospital  to take that to another thread and wax on about it there. This thread has been useful to so many people it doesn't need to devolve with name calling and false accusations or slander. I think it would be good if people could, if they have a legitimate beef and need to get BKKCoins to pay them back, to start a thread for that. For the most part people were civil asking for refunds or asking for more information that is cool. Jasinlee took that one step too far and slandered the guy.

I hope BKKCoins does whatever he can to send people refunds as quickly as possible and I believe that is well within the rights of people who are owed money to ask for it. In fact a number of us who have "lost" something in this monetarily have offered to donate more to help offset the loses of people. Maybe a new thread for a collection plate to refund those who are owed would be a great idea. Who is willing to escrow and check and verify who is owed?

----

Back on track...

zipiju nice work. I hope it benefits a lot of people.

Bar-

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bargraphics

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:11:29 PM

Tarandeep Gill - Taran Gill - Amir Khan

Mehtab Bajwa - Justin Reynolds

Amninder Grewal - Aman Grewal - Ricky
fire5

Activity: 53

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 08:28:23 AM

Cool

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=890394.0
fire5

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:17:03 AM

ppl that paid in btc

https://blockchain.info/address/1LMr1hz5Usk8eFNf4XQbbeaYGWNpFBYbVy

1Jjewsm24qQdr29qkvkB3uXwc5uDC3WrXu

14Pi6oCdtj4oBq2XQg1vrdv5ofqJeow2tS

it went into alot of different addresses
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:39:37 AM

I almost got taken by this one.  Luckily paypal saved me when they never delivered on promises.

There was a few lawsuits going, did anyone win any money of of them?   Or did TH run into the sunset with all that cash.
fire5

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 03:25:10 AM

40,000 Avalon chips

@ 300mhz =

12 TH in Mid 2013

difficulty around 50.000.000 was raking in 180BTC a day  (200usd)

500.000.000 at end of 2013 difficulty raking in 24btc a day. (1kusd)

not bad whoever got those chips  

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 03:34:19 AM

40,000 Avalon chips

@ 300mhz =

12 TH in Mid 2013

difficulty around 50.000.000 was raking in 180BTC a day  (200usd)

500.000.000 at end of 2013 difficulty raking in 24btc a day. (1kusd)

not bad whoever got those chips  

If your saying terrahash got the chips I dont think that is correct.  They were very secretive of what they had.  I do remember they somehow got out of a deal on chips... and claimed they found a better deal.  So no big amount of chips were ever bought I don't believe, they photoshopped in my mind documents.

This was a close one for me paypal saved me from being scammed I asked for paypal to do non shipment when TH did not hold up their deadlines.  Sadly many believed.
gbx

Activity: 226

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 09:07:17 PM

Whatever happened with this?  Did he really just take the money and run?

I, too, was saved by PayPal.  I know many others weren't.  Surely this world isn't large enough for this scumbag to get away with this cleanly.  I know a few lawsuit judgments were made, but has anyone collected?
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 12:39:06 AM

Whatever happened with this?  Did he really just take the money and run?

I, too, was saved by PayPal.  I know many others weren't.  Surely this world isn't large enough for this scumbag to get away with this cleanly.  I know a few lawsuit judgments were made, but has anyone collected?

People who still believed and did not take dispute route most lost money.  A few posted they got it back even after limit of day's, but was few.  BTC only first few ever got refund.

They rode off into the sunset with a LOT of money in the end.   There were lawsuits not sure what happened on those.  But likely TH made owner quite a bit after it all on a scam.

The amazing part is they only showed 1 prototype and it did not preform to spec.   Also I would be interested to know what happened to the person who toured the offices, I don't remember their name.

*Note it's been a long time since this so I could be wrong on some facts.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.