Bitcoin Forum
December 13, 2017, 10:49:57 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Putting TerraHash Debacle To Rest, Finally.  (Read 15680 times)
gbx

Activity: 226

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 01:47:08 AM

Whatever happened with this?  Did he really just take the money and run?

I, too, was saved by PayPal.  I know many others weren't.  Surely this world isn't large enough for this scumbag to get away with this cleanly.  I know a few lawsuit judgments were made, but has anyone collected?

People who still believed and did not take dispute route most lost money.  A few posted they got it back even after limit of day's, but was few.  BTC only first few ever got refund.

They rode off into the sunset with a LOT of money in the end.   There were lawsuits not sure what happened on those.  But likely TH made owner quite a bit after it all on a scam.

The amazing part is they only showed 1 prototype and it did not preform to spec.   Also I would be interested to know what happened to the person who toured the offices, I don't remember their name.

*Note it's been a long time since this so I could be wrong on some facts.

Strange.  His terrahash.com website is still up, as is the link to tarangill.com - unless this is a massive smokescreen, it should be pretty easy to bring this chump to justice (for those that are motivated).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 05:18:08 AM

Whatever happened with this?  Did he really just take the money and run?

I, too, was saved by PayPal.  I know many others weren't.  Surely this world isn't large enough for this scumbag to get away with this cleanly.  I know a few lawsuit judgments were made, but has anyone collected?

People who still believed and did not take dispute route most lost money.  A few posted they got it back even after limit of day's, but was few.  BTC only first few ever got refund.

They rode off into the sunset with a LOT of money in the end.   There were lawsuits not sure what happened on those.  But likely TH made owner quite a bit after it all on a scam.

The amazing part is they only showed 1 prototype and it did not preform to spec.   Also I would be interested to know what happened to the person who toured the offices, I don't remember their name.

*Note it's been a long time since this so I could be wrong on some facts.

Strange.  His terrahash.com website is still up, as is the link to tarangill.com - unless this is a massive smokescreen, it should be pretty easy to bring this chump to justice (for those that are motivated).

The fact is no one knows.   It got quiet when the ones that got taken big went to court for example: http://www.sccaseinfo.org/pa6.asp?full_case_number=1-13-CV-254284&crumbs=Civil%20Index&crumbs=Party/Case%20Type%20Search&crumbs=Party/Case%20Type%20Results&crumbs=Cases%20Involving%20Amir%20Kahn

If i read it right TH owes for this 1 case around 114k.   So there are judgements question if people got money back or if TH even had enough left no one ever told on forum to my knowledge.
dynex

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 11:39:27 PM

anyone see that there websight has come back online?

All that means is that somebody paid the bill which is nothing in terms of $ or crypto.

My $.02.

Wink
And now look at Jasinlee... so much for calling BKK as scammer eh buddy?

Knew he was a piece of shit when he started being a tool well back in 2013 when he started that fibonacci crap.

Bkkcoins work has not only helped this community, but his BOM and PCB have been adapted and copied many times. The Kondike has served as the basis for Technobit's miners, as well as a template probably for potential Litecoin mining ASIC pcb's as well, and who knows what other inspirations and technological innovations.

Accidents happen, and nothing is perfect. People lose bitcoins all the time, and they live through it, without brain damage.

That is not the case for real life accidents.

I appreciate what he has done to a tremendous degree, however it doesn't make it right for him to ignore his debts. I won't accept the not-small amount Chris owes me as some sort of collateral damage for the good of the greater mining community. That's ridiculous.

No one I hope would ask you to do that bassclef.

I merely think if anyone is going to smear his name they provide proof he lied and not insinuate that he faked or lied about laying in hospital  to take that to another thread and wax on about it there. This thread has been useful to so many people it doesn't need to devolve with name calling and false accusations or slander. I think it would be good if people could, if they have a legitimate beef and need to get BKKCoins to pay them back, to start a thread for that. For the most part people were civil asking for refunds or asking for more information that is cool. Jasinlee took that one step too far and slandered the guy.

I hope BKKCoins does whatever he can to send people refunds as quickly as possible and I believe that is well within the rights of people who are owed money to ask for it. In fact a number of us who have "lost" something in this monetarily have offered to donate more to help offset the loses of people. Maybe a new thread for a collection plate to refund those who are owed would be a great idea. Who is willing to escrow and check and verify who is owed?

----

Back on track...

zipiju nice work. I hope it benefits a lot of people.

Bar-

Excellent job putting all this info out there. I am on a similar path with Jason Hudgins of Fibonacci, but the difference is that he is not going to be able to run like Taran did. It's people like you that help clean up this community, and it's unfortunate that most people easily let things go and too many people get away with scams. I'm noticing with my own issue that about 2-3% of people scammed in this realm don't lift a finger after being scammed and lay down and accept the loss. I couldn't fathom that.

I wish you and everyone else the best of luck with collecting from this scumbag.

I wonder if the GA SS was because that is where he resided when he became a citizen (not sure where he was born)?

Everyone reading this needs to use Bar as an example of how everyone needs to react in these situations. Obviously, everyone isn't going to have the resources to pursue him like this, but be vocal, and make sure you make it so the scammer cannot scam others.
I was withholding some more information that I have been gathering over the past few months. I didn't want to alert these scumbags that we are hot on their trail. But what Bargraphics posted must have already alerted them, so here goes!

Friends of friends working for a Canadian bank have revealed that an account owned by Tarandeep received a wire transfer of about 100,000 USD from Bitstamp in November 2013. This money was then wired to a bank account in India, owned by none other but Tarandeep.

Another 30,000 USD was withdrawn from Terrahash's bank account in cash. The very same day Amninder's BoA account received a deposit of 30,000. Guess where that money was sent? Again forwarded to India.

Looks like our boys are gonna settle in India for a while. How hard is it to enforce a US judgment in India?

Sounds like a road trip to India is on order Smiley

I doubt you can drive to India, lol. Do you happen to know any hitmen in India?

He is living in Surrey BC canada
dynex

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 11:31:22 PM

He is living in surrey BC, Canada. I have information. He is doing same bluff here. Please catch him.
Bargraphics

Activity: 518

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:18:26 AM

Update:

Gill is currently living in BC, Canada and has come to a settlement.

He mentioned that the reason he wanted to settle is so he did not have to file for bankruptcy.

If anyone is still looking for him feel free to PM me and I'll help the best I can.

I can't say that monetary wise this close to 4 year litigation/man-hunt was worth it but it was the right thing to do.
fire5

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 06:32:13 PM

brown shit comes to america , scams over 50 americans and goes living in canada.
puffmais

Activity: 383

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:26:14 AM

Most of you know and believe that TerraHash started as an honest attempt to serve the Bitcoin community. Those who followed us closely know that we were not only the first ones to successfully assemble a K16, but also to make it hash (albeit at about 80% efficiency). The company got derailed due to circumstances totally out of its hands. In an attempt to further convince you about our efforts, we will be releasing a package in the coming few days. It will contain a detailed report on expenses incurred on development & components. It will also have all the invoices/receipts for all these expenses.

We wish to close this chapter for good and leave it behind us. Next week, we will be contacting everyone who placed an order with us and never got a refund. We will refund everyone as much as possible.

Those who have initiated legal proceedings against us in Civil courts will be contacted through our attorney.

With all the evidence of the amount of effort we put into this project, we are very confident that we can prove in front of any judge/jury that our operation was never meant to be a scam. We reserve the right to prosecute any persons slandering our company or its Founders/Directors/Employees.

Anybody see an refund or get contacted?
Still waiting for 16.62062615 btc refund  Cry

any chance to get this?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.