Bitcoin Forum
December 11, 2017, 10:30:15 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Putting TerraHash Debacle To Rest, Finally.  (Read 15671 times)
Shimple

Activity: 123

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:56:08 PM

Been a few weeks and I haven't heard back from you guys... Another derailment?Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
gbx

Activity: 226

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:30:07 AM

Most of you know and believe that TerraHash started as an honest attempt to serve the Bitcoin community. Those who followed us closely know that we were not only the first ones to successfully assemble a K16, but also to make it hash (albeit at about 80% efficiency). The company got derailed due to circumstances totally out of its hands. In an attempt to further convince you about our efforts, we will be releasing a package in the coming few days. It will contain a detailed report on expenses incurred on development & components. It will also have all the invoices/receipts for all these expenses.

We wish to close this chapter for good and leave it behind us. Next week, we will be contacting everyone who placed an order with us and never got a refund. We will refund everyone as much as possible.

Those who have initiated legal proceedings against us in Civil courts will be contacted through our attorney.

With all the evidence of the amount of effort we put into this project, we are very confident that we can prove in front of any judge/jury that our operation was never meant to be a scam. We reserve the right to prosecute any persons slandering our company or its Founders/Directors/Employees.

Provide the name and telephone of your attorney, if you have one.

PROSECUTE THIS!:

You, Terrahash are incompetents, you are miscreants, you are robbersburglars and thieves!  You exist only because you are nailed to your perch!

"With all the evidence of the amount of effort we put into this project, we are very confident that we can prove in front of any judge/jury that our operation was never meant to be a scam. We reserve the right to prosecute any persons slandering our company or its Founders/Directors/Employees."

PLEASE "PROSECUTE" ME FOR "SLANDER"!

Halfwits!

My $.02.

Wink

FTFY.

Robbery is a direct violent act involving the old highwayman's terms of "Stand and Deliver" or "Your money or your life". What Terrahash did was more breaking in and stealing. Or fraud. Not robbery.

I wouldn't have called you on it, but you're calling them on the difference between libel and slander. (yes, you are correct, and I too found it amusing.)

Yeah, OK.

You're right.

I shall now substitute CHICKENSHIT for "robbers and thieves".

I DARE those MOFOS to sue me!

I been in court before, I am sure I will be in court again before I die and I ain't scared.

LOL!

My $.02.

Wink

By the way, I still wonder if Terrahash refunded Cloudhashing its USD $80K.

Inquiring minds want to know!

Dutchy - It's as if Terrahash were talking directly to you when they posted recently.  Somehow, I believe they wont be filing suit against anyone anytime soon.  So all your raving posts about them recently are appreciated, but are also completely baseless, as are all the last posts by you in these threads.

You flip flop so quickly... telling everyone to remain calm, their money is gone.  Now you're a raving lunatic waving a target that no one will ever hit.

So while your .02 cents, Jesus Christs on a raft, and my goodness/Guinness are appreciated, you really are pissing up a rope here with this one..

LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 08:40:49 AM

Most of you know and believe that TerraHash started as an honest attempt to serve the Bitcoin community. Those who followed us closely know that we were not only the first ones to successfully assemble a K16, but also to make it hash (albeit at about 80% efficiency). The company got derailed due to circumstances totally out of its hands. In an attempt to further convince you about our efforts, we will be releasing a package in the coming few days. It will contain a detailed report on expenses incurred on development & components. It will also have all the invoices/receipts for all these expenses.

We wish to close this chapter for good and leave it behind us. Next week, we will be contacting everyone who placed an order with us and never got a refund. We will refund everyone as much as possible.

Those who have initiated legal proceedings against us in Civil courts will be contacted through our attorney.

With all the evidence of the amount of effort we put into this project, we are very confident that we can prove in front of any judge/jury that our operation was never meant to be a scam. We reserve the right to prosecute any persons slandering our company or its Founders/Directors/Employees.

Provide the name and telephone of your attorney, if you have one.

PROSECUTE THIS!:

You, Terrahash are incompetents, you are miscreants, you are robbersburglars and thieves!  You exist only because you are nailed to your perch!

"With all the evidence of the amount of effort we put into this project, we are very confident that we can prove in front of any judge/jury that our operation was never meant to be a scam. We reserve the right to prosecute any persons slandering our company or its Founders/Directors/Employees."

PLEASE "PROSECUTE" ME FOR "SLANDER"!

Halfwits!

My $.02.

Wink

FTFY.

Robbery is a direct violent act involving the old highwayman's terms of "Stand and Deliver" or "Your money or your life". What Terrahash did was more breaking in and stealing. Or fraud. Not robbery.

I wouldn't have called you on it, but you're calling them on the difference between libel and slander. (yes, you are correct, and I too found it amusing.)

Yeah, OK.

You're right.

I shall now substitute CHICKENSHIT for "robbers and thieves".

I DARE those MOFOS to sue me!

I been in court before, I am sure I will be in court again before I die and I ain't scared.

LOL!

My $.02.

Wink

By the way, I still wonder if Terrahash refunded Cloudhashing its USD $80K.

Inquiring minds want to know!

Dutchy - It's as if Terrahash were talking directly to you when they posted recently.  Somehow, I believe they wont be filing suit against anyone anytime soon.  So all your raving posts about them recently are appreciated, but are also completely baseless, as are all the last posts by you in these threads.

You flip flop so quickly... telling everyone to remain calm, their money is gone.  Now you're a raving lunatic waving a target that no one will ever hit.

So while your .02 cents, Jesus Christs on a raft, and my goodness/Guinness are appreciated, you really are pissing up a rope here with this one..

Actually, no I'm not doing what you suggest.

Had Terrahash the merest notion of honesty or integrity it would have simply throwrn up its hands and said, "Oops!  We fucked up!  The money is gone, we can't really refund and we are now filing bankruptcy!'

Would have minimised the pain and suffering for sure.

As it is, for whatever reasons they may have, they are now dragging out the damned thing; people are going nuts over it and there is no reason for them to do so other than refusal to accept the reality of the thing.

The money is gone, Terrahash is deader than a rock and its officers and employees are now on the run, scavenging whatever they can from the ashes.

In cany case, the Terrahash thing, at least as far as money goes, is over.

There is nothing left but the paperwork if indeed they even bother to file.  They might not.  Filing is expensive and if they don't all anyone who has successfully pursued a claim against them has is a judgement against a broke-assed corporation with no assetts.  They may just walk away and hoe for the best.  I've seen it happen.  The ePassporte debacle comes to mind.

Got a long way to go from there to get to personal responsibility on the part of the officers, employees and lackeys of that corporation and that long way is going to take a lot of money, whiwch money if spent in that direction, would be IMHO, good money after bad.

Got a beef with them, do what you can do without spending any money because you're not going to get it back.  Ain't no money to get and if you think that you are going to be able to enforce judgements against the corporation on the individuals concerend, good luck because you are going to wait for a long time if you are ever able to get it done.

There isn't even enough money lying about to interest the "authorities" because they run on monies seized from reprobates like Terrahash and they are certainly not smelling ny money now.

It's over.

Good night and good luck!

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
gbx

Activity: 226

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:07:53 AM

Had Terrahash the merest notion of honesty or integrity it would have simply throwrn up its hands and said, "Oops!  We fucked up!  The money is gone, we can't really refund and we are now filing bankruptcy!'

As it is, for whatever reasons they may have, they are now dragging out the damned thing; people are going nuts over it and there is no reason for them to do so other than refusal to accept the reality of the thing.

The money is gone, Terrahash is deader than a rock and its officers and employees are now on the run, scavenging whatever they can from the ashes.

There is nothing left but the paperwork if indeed they even bother to file.  They might not.  Filing is expensive and if they don't all anyone who has successfully pursued a claim against them has is a judgement against a broke-assed corporation with no assetts.  They may just walk away and hoe for the best.  I've seen it happen.  The ePassporte debacle comes to mind.

Got a long way to go from there to get to personal responsibility on the part of the officers, employees and lackeys of that corporation and that long way is going to take a lot of money, whiwch money if spent in that direction, would be IMHO, good money after bad.

Got a beef with them, do what you can do without spending any money because you're not going to get it back.  Ain't no money to get and if you think that you are going to be able to enforce judgements against the corporation on the individuals concerend, good luck because you are going to wait for a long time if you are ever able to get it done.

There isn't even enough money lying about to interest the "authorities" because they run on monies seized from reprobates like Terrahash and they are certainly not smelling ny money now.

It's over.

My $.02.

Wink

I think that's been everyone's point all along about the money, and the point that you don't seem to understand.

The money, in this case BTC, is being tracked by folks in these threads.  If you'd bothered to click some of the Blockchain links in these threads, you'd see that there are a few thousand BTC that has been shuffled around, which amounts to 2 or 3 million USD on any given exchange/day.

This guy didn't really buy anything significant with the preorder money, and the chips were the most expensive part, which yifu refunded.  And you remember Cloudhashing....

The money isn't gone and it amounts to a small fortune that he's clearly too uncomfortable refunding or spending.  Except on PayPal and legal fees would be my guess. 

Although he'd be better off filing for bankruptcy and having his attorneys setup a receivership for the funds.  I don't think he's smart enough for that and greed has set in....  From a psychological standpoint, he's rationalized that he's earned the funds through these trials and the failure of his company to produce a product.  Like any thief, rationalization is the enabler.
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 01:57:13 PM

It's over.

My $.02.

Wink

I think that's been everyone's point all along about the money, and the point that you don't seem to understand.

The money, in this case BTC, is being tracked by folks in these threads.  If you'd bothered to click some of the Blockchain links in these threads, you'd see that there are a few thousand BTC that has been shuffled around, which amounts to 2 or 3 million USD on any given exchange/day.

This guy didn't really buy anything significant with the preorder money, and the chips were the most expensive part, which yifu refunded.  And you remember Cloudhashing....

The money isn't gone and it amounts to a small fortune that he's clearly too uncomfortable refunding or spending.  Except on PayPal and legal fees would be my guess. 

Although he'd be better off filing for bankruptcy and having his attorneys setup a receivership for the funds.  I don't think he's smart enough for that and greed has set in....  From a psychological standpoint, he's rationalized that he's earned the funds through these trials and the failure of his company to produce a product.  Like any thief, rationalization is the enabler.

Good points you've made there but the fault lies in that even though you can track the BTC you can't do a damned thing about grabbing them, locking them up in any meaningful way or just plain old grabbing them.

This is the point at which the anonymity and independence inherenet in crypto bites you in the butt.  They can convert, cash out and with 2-3 million USD, like that, be gone!

Hell, no one can even get any of the officers or employees of Terrahash personally served in the pending lawsuits!  How ya gonna grab funds which are flying around on the interwebs?  The very nature of crypto precludes getting them back!

With that much money the whole lot of them could move to any of the following coutnries and live quite well for a long time:

"Bhutan, Iran, North Korea, and Taiwan do not have any extradition with the United States.

The United States maintains diplomatic relations, but does not have extradition treaties with the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Armenia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, the Central African Republic, Chad, the China (People's Republic of China), the Union of the Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d' Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia,France, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Indonesia, Jordan, Kosovo, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Libya, Madagascar, the Maldives, Mali, the Marshall Islands, Mauritania, the Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Oman, Qatar, the Russian Federation, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé & Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Yemen, and Zimbabwe.

With diplomatic relations it would be possible to be extradited from one of the latter group of countries, but it would be a much longer process than if an actual treaty had been in effect."

Not that they would do anything like that...................

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Bargraphics

Activity: 518

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:06:05 PM

Let's set the record straight,

Good points you've made there but the fault lies in that even though you can track the BTC you can't do a damned thing about grabbing them, locking them up in any meaningful way or just plain old grabbing them.
I believe ulbricht and the United States Government would disagree with you.

This is the point at which the anonymity and independence inherenet in crypto bites you in the butt.  They can convert, cash out and with 2-3 million USD, like that, be gone!
You can follow the Bitcoins and determine which Exchange they used and subpoena the exchange. It might be like pulling teeth but unless they try to cash out their BTC in person (Which is also very risky http://www.coindesk.com/localbitcoins-users-criminal-charges-florida/) they would leave a trail. You cannot cash that much out and also not give the exchange personal documentation.

Hell, no one can even get any of the officers or employees of Terrahash personally served in the pending lawsuits!  How ya gonna grab funds which are flying around on the interwebs?  The very nature of crypto precludes getting them back!
This is simply untrue as it has already been done.

Now that we have all of that cleared up, please continue.
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:08:13 PM

Nothing refund to me from terrahash
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 02:40:17 PM

Let's set the record straight,

I believe ulbricht and the United States Government would disagree with you.

This is the point at which the anonymity and independence inherenet in crypto bites you in the butt.  They can convert, cash out and with 2-3 million USD, like that, be gone!
You can follow the Bitcoins and determine which Exchange they used and subpoena the exchange. It might be like pulling teeth but unless they try to cash out their BTC in person (Which is also very risky http://www.coindesk.com/localbitcoins-users-criminal-charges-florida/) they would leave a trail. You cannot cash that much out and also not give the exchange personal documentation.

Hell, no one can even get any of the officers or employees of Terrahash personally served in the pending lawsuits!  How ya gonna grab funds which are flying around on the interwebs?  The very nature of crypto precludes getting them back!
This is simply untrue as it has already been done.

Now that we have all of that cleared up, please continue.

Ulbricht is a different case entirely and they knew where his computer was located and they had his key.  There is still a ton of BTC they haven't found yet!  Right now, no one has any idea (At least as far as I can tell!) where any of the TH people are!

I was not aware that any of the TH people had been personally served?  When did this happen and who was served?  I was under the impression that all judgements to date had been by default?

All they have to do is cash out the BTC through any exchange and have the funds sent to an offshore account, bounced them around a few times with obfuscating wire transfers and they would be home free, not mention the fact that they could use a bank account held in the name of someone completely unrelated to TH and then there ya go with a completely different matter and a whole new set of legal actions.  I mean, with all the other shit gioong on a little healthy money laundering isn't going to bother them!

Reminds me of an old joke that goes something like this:

Herbie and Bubba are talking about money................................................

Herbie is trying to tell Bubba that they are broke due to a failed business.

Herbie: "Hey, Bubba! We're broke!"

Bubba:"But what about all the money?"

Herbie; "Bubba, do you know how to spell "money"?

Bubba: Sure I do!  It is spelled "m-o-n-e-y".

Herbie:  "Nope, that is wrong!  You left out the "fuck"!

Bubba:  "Hey, man, there ain't no "fuck" in the word "money"!

Herbie: "Yeah, that's what I been trying to tell you!  There ain't no fuckin' money!"

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:46:53 PM

I tried to warn everyone when Amir tried to get me to close my paypal dispute something was wrong.  I'm surprised so many kept the trust.

I still wonder where Knight is from original thread who "verified" their office and things and I have not heard from him in a long time in forum.  If you happen to be doing legal action might also look into that account.  I could of course be wrong, but always wondered how he got in spot to verify and got quiet after the mess.
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 06:21:10 PM

I tried to warn everyone when Amir tried to get me to close my paypal dispute something was wrong.  I'm surprised so many kept the trust.

I still wonder where Knight is from original thread who "verified" their office and things and I have not heard from him in a long time in forum.  If you happen to be doing legal action might also look into that account.  I could of course be wrong, but always wondered how he got in spot to verify and got quiet after the mess.

Sometimes no matter how or what you say, they just tell you that you are cyring "Wolf!" when there ain't a wolf in sight!

My $.02.

Wink

P.S.: Speaking of wolves, wolves don't do this kind of shit so we need a new expression!

Corporations For Crypto
chanberg

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:33:08 PM

I wonder why TerraHash even bothered to start a new thread and then disappear again. It would have been better if they had not said anything
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:55:25 PM

I wonder why TerraHash even bothered to start a new thread and then disappear again. It would have been better if they had not said anything

A Criminal Always Returns to the Scene of the Crime?
lajz99

Activity: 756

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:28:12 PM

My $.02.

Your $.02 have added up to well over $1.00 at this point...  I don't think it's really necessary to post "My $.02" at the end of every post, I think we all got the point after the 2nd or 3rd use.

You need a new hobby, it's become apparent you're just getting off on posting in this thread while trying to look all tough.

My $.02.

LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 03:52:18 AM

My $.02.

Your $.02 have added up to well over $1.00 at this point...  I don't think it's really necessary to post "My $.02" at the end of every post, I think we all got the point after the 2nd or 3rd use.

You need a new hobby, it's become apparent you're just getting off on posting in this thread while trying to look all tough.

My $.02.

I thought that threads were about DISCUSSION but I am evidently in error.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........................................

Tongue

Corporations For Crypto
atomicchaos

Activity: 630

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:14:42 AM

Yep, he reads everything you write, which is why we took a lot behind the scenes.. That flash facebook takedown was a great way to test the dweeb.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:47:58 AM

Yep, he reads everything you write, which is why we took a lot behind the scenes.. That flash facebook takedown was a great way to test the dweeb.

Or to try to make sure they are not "slandered".  They put "We reserve the right to prosecute any persons slandering our company or its Founders/Directors/Employees."

One would suspect that they are job hunting and finding them by google search on this i would think would hinder chances at getting hired.  That could be one reason if you look through their full names are allowed to be posted so few times.  I could be wrong, since TH is still not been closed as far as i know they might still be receiving salary.
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1302

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:54:17 AM

No email or refund.  Sad

What is the hold up please?
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:09:46 PM

just a stall tactic to stop people on the fence about taking them to court

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 2464

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:15:02 PM

Or to try to make sure they are not "slandered".  They put "We reserve the right to prosecute any persons slandering our company or its Founders/Directors/Employees."

Just who are these Founders/Directors/Employees?

Buy & Hold
designdream

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:35:12 AM

Details about their corporation can be ordered from the secretary of state here: http://www.sos.ca.gov/business/be/information-requests.htm

If you have already received a copy of these documents, please message me. I'm curious if they have amended anything.

I have visited their offices multiple times prior to their eviction and have met them in person twice. I currently have a court date in two weeks. I started my claim back in november and different technicallities have delayed the process. I am also going to work with a group on getting the district attorney to open a criminal investigation. There are quite a few of us in this jurisdiction that will not let them slide.

Terrahash: You should really get an attorney and stop bluffing that you're going to go after people for slander. You should also
do it quickly before it reaches California's 1 year statue of limitations for libel. So message me if you want my contact details so we can get to it in court. 

https://www.eff.org/issues/bloggers/legal/liability/defamation

Thanks for your bullshit promises and wasting so much of my time. Justice will be served.

Satoshi (Puppy) Fund: 1CgVGee8QzcKXcBmcAJ8dAoUpfCL6T435B
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.