Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:55:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it time to withdraw from Cex.io?  (Read 672 times)
sickhouse (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:44:21 PM

Noticed the price dropping - is this just a temporary downfall or should I gtfo while I can? I wonder what tomorrow's price range will be.

Turn off the news and read. Watch Psywar, learn something important about our society and PR, why and how it got started and how it brainwashes you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:04:14 PM

Any form of mining hardware/contract will keep dropping in price as long as the difficulty is increasing. This may not go in a smooth fashion and there may be short bursts upwards in price, but the general trend is down down down.

If this surprises you, then you should probably withdraw, yes.
sickhouse (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:11:49 PM

Any form of mining hardware/contract will keep dropping in price as long as the difficulty is increasing. This may not go in a smooth fashion and there may be short bursts upwards in price, but the general trend is down down down.

If this surprises you, then you should probably withdraw, yes.
It does not surprise me and I have seen it several times (been on the site for over a year). But I have a guy feeling that something is going to happen soon with the site that's going to change things.

Turn off the news and read. Watch Psywar, learn something important about our society and PR, why and how it got started and how it brainwashes you.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 10:33:58 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2014, 01:11:57 AM by GreenBits

as i was saying in another thread, the manipulation of the market at cex is too much to manage for the inexperienced trader. unless you put in a bid 5-10% under market and carefully monitor your position, buying in anywhere near market price is a fools game. i understand that anywhere you have mining capacity offered as a security, inevitably the value of the asset will downtrend (due to the ever decreasing value it returns as "dividends"). With that said the speculative rallies cex experiences, while profitable, are purely the machinations of a few whales/early adopters that have found an easy way to generate "much coin"

there are other exchanges, but the closest to cex ive found is bit-mining. tried scrypt.cc and
leaserig. bit-mining kinda feels like old school cex, back before the chatbox. ive been encouraging ppl to check them out; the support staff there is extremely helpful and you see the site owner on the chat alot, you can suggest new features and get by the minute updates on issues. cex is pretty quick on answering tickets, no doubt, but its a little easier to just be able to ask in chat for support (or shoot an email that will actually be answered in a timely fashion) I hope this doesnt change as they grow; but i wouldnt mind a few more market participants

Really enjoying trading the scrypt mining commodity they have (KSs). its a new market and ppl havent figured out the price yet, the volatility is great for swing trading. getting mining payout in litecoin is pretty cool too (they add up much faster!  Grin )

~Green
sickhouse (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:23:08 PM

as i was saying in another thread, the manipulation of the market at cex is too much to manage for the inexperienced trader. unless you put in a bid 5-10% under market and carefully monitor your position, buying in anywhere near market price is a fools game. i understand that anywhere you have mining capacity offered as a security, inevitably the value of the asset will downtrend (due to the ever decreasing value it returns as "dividends"). With that said the speculative rallies cex experiences, while profitable, are purely the machinations of a few whales/early adopters that have found an easy way to generate "much coin"

there are other exchanges, but the closest to cex ive found is bit-mining. tried scrypt.cc (liquidity)
leaserig (inability to get order filled at roi-able price, hence, nonsensical investment). bit-mining kinda feels like old school cex, back before the chatbox. ive been encouraging ppl to check them out; the support staff there is extremely helpful and you see the site owner on the chat alot, you can suggest new features and get by the minute updates on issues. cex is pretty quick on answering tickets, no doubt, but its a little easier to just be able to ask in chat for support (or shoot an email that will actually be answered in a timely fashion) I hope this doesnt change as they grow; but i wouldnt mind a few more market participants

Really enjoying trading the scrypt mining commodity they have (KSs). its a new market and ppl havent figured out the price yet, the volatility is great for swing trading. getting mining payout in litecoin is pretty cool too (they add up much faster!  Grin )

~Green
It isn't about the trading - I am talking about withdrawing my GH/s from the site. I do my trading at BTC-e.com Smiley

GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:19:57 AM
Last edit: February 17, 2014, 01:12:31 AM by GreenBits

there are other exchanges, but the closest to cex ive found is bit-mining. tried scrypt.cc and
leaserig. bit-mining kinda feels like old school cex, back before the chatbox. ive been encouraging ppl to check them out; the support staff there is extremely helpful and you see the site owner on the chat alot, you can suggest new features and get by the minute updates on issues. cex is pretty quick on answering tickets, no doubt, but its a little easier to just be able to ask in chat for support (or shoot an email that will actually be answered in a timely fashion) I hope this doesnt change as they grow; but i wouldnt mind a few more market participants

Really enjoying trading the scrypt mining commodity they have (KSs). its a new market and ppl havent figured out the price yet, the volatility is great for swing trading. getting mining payout in litecoin is pretty cool too (they add up much faster!  Grin )

~Green
It isn't about the trading - I am talking about withdrawing my GH/s from the site. I do my trading at BTC-e.com Smiley

when you say withdraw, do you mean like the Redeem option at cex (im sure you don't mean this; this would lock you in at x price point until you sold the hardware, which would be much less liquid then just holding the cex ghs), or do you mean withdrawing from your position (closing it)?

bit-mining also offers ghs, like cex, as well as kss (scrypt ghs) if you meant the later. i just figured you were a speculator because you participated in cex; its not really a miner's market. was suggesting an alternate marketplace that would feel familiar
sickhouse (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 01:27:13 AM

~Green

when you say withdraw, do you mean like the Redeem option at cex (im sure you don't mean this; this would lock you in at x price point until you sold the hardware, which would be much less liquid then just holding the cex ghs), or do you mean withdrawing from your position (closing it)?

bit-mining also offers ghs, like cex, as well as kss (scrypt ghs) if you meant the later. i just figured you were a speculator because you participated in cex; its not really a miner's market. was suggesting an alternate marketplace that would feel familiar
I meant selling off my GH/s in case it would become worthless but I guess I'm keeping it instead - whatever, hopefully I'll keep making money and sell off at the end of Feb.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: