Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:28:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Bill Gate against investing into bitcoin?  (Read 3129 times)
Sircoss

Activity: 257
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:51:49 AM

I recently read through the comments made by Bill Gate on bitcoin and other related cryptocurrencies (https://www.google.com.gh/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/microsoft-founder-bill-gates-would-bet-against-bitcoin/). From the comments he made, it is obvious that, Bill Gate is against investing into cryptocurrency. Critically appraising and analyzing how helpful bitcoin and other cryptocurrency are and base on the comments Bill Gate made, I don't see the reason why he is against cryptocurrency. Probably he might be having his own reasons of which I am not aware of. Can someone help as to why Bill Gate spoke against bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies?
We can never know the actual inside of every human being, so maybe he wants to dump the price in order to enter this market for a lower prices, and nobody knows maybe he's already having a bitcoin portfolio somewhere.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tamradhwaj

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 01:00:29 PM

i think main  reason   of bill gates against investing into bitcoin is the  lack of consumer protection cryptocurrencies offer and their vulnerability to misuse continue to make the likes of bitcoin a risky investment proposition in the eyes of many. remember that returns of not guaranteed so u could get back less then u invested.
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 01:07:06 PM

I think, Bill Gates know the potential of bitcoin, the drastic change that it can give to the existing industry. This change is what he is afraid of, incuding the risk it can bring to his multi-billion business.

If you are successful with current situation, would you prefer to have change? That's what Bill Gates have in mind, probably.
plr

Activity: 1120
Merit: 24

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 01:11:21 PM

I recently read through the comments made by Bill Gate on bitcoin and other related cryptocurrencies (https://www.google.com.gh/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/microsoft-founder-bill-gates-would-bet-against-bitcoin/). From the comments he made, it is obvious that, Bill Gate is against investing into cryptocurrency. Critically appraising and analyzing how helpful bitcoin and other cryptocurrency are and base on the comments Bill Gate made, I don't see the reason why he is against cryptocurrency. Probably he might be having his own reasons of which I am not aware of. Can someone help as to why Bill Gate spoke against bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies?
Everyone of us has their own reason, they consider Bitcoin as a big bubble waiting to explode, but until now even though the price is dripping it is not happening, they missed the technology behind it and how we can improve our lives because of this technology, better ignore these people.
Payme21

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 01:26:22 PM

It is expected that Bill Gate will advice against investment in bitcoin and i can easily see two reasons from his perspective'
The first is the fact that its a largely unregulated market and nothing is guaranteed but another reason could be the fact that he has carved a nitch for himself with Fiat and does not see the need to diversify in this direction cos of the many risks

▀▀▀▀▀█████████   CRYPTON          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬                    
▬▬          Revolutionary Cryptocurrency Exchange
LisaCruz

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 01:27:56 PM

Finally, Bill Gates came to the value of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies
Gotumoot

Activity: 1372
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 01:33:11 PM

i think main  reason   of bill gates against investing into bitcoin is the  lack of consumer protection cryptocurrencies offer and their vulnerability to misuse continue to make the likes of bitcoin a risky investment proposition in the eyes of many. remember that returns of not guaranteed so u could get back less then u invested.
I think its for self purposes why bill gates against bitcoin. Its because we know that he owns billions of fiat money, so why he is going to approve bitcoin? Its obviously that he is going to against bitcoin because bitcoin is a great threat to fiat money. I think that bitcoin can replace fiat currency if we used it as a payment, not now but in the future, because if you used bitcoin as a payment now, you will loose profit when bitcoin price increased.
cinchin1

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 01:33:47 PM

I think, Bill Gates know the potential of bitcoin, the drastic change that it can give to the existing industry. This change is what he is afraid of, incuding the risk it can bring to his multi-billion business.

If you are successful with current situation, would you prefer to have change? That's what Bill Gates have in mind, probably.
Why should he fear this change, crypto and bitcoin are fields that do not have much influence on his company, it only helps the technology grow, there is no reason to be afraid, therefore summarize all, we can be very clear that this might be a lie. What Bill Gate is trying to do is to mislead the government and people, he wants to show that he does not care, even against bitcoin, that made him safe in his investment and without supervision from the government, limiting the risk to his business
NelfiNovita

Activity: 640
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 01:51:26 PM

maybe he doesn't know much about cryptocurrency so he is opposed to investing in cryptocurrency, people who already have wealth do not like uncertain profits or are afraid of risk.

thevlox

Activity: 179

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:53:48 PM

Big gats like those who have a lot of money are against bitcoin. They think it's more risky because of the volatility that I am doing bitcoin and it's a huge gamble. And according to them, it can not be kept after investing in it. That we can not say that the lab will not be or will not.
engrlodi

Activity: 308
Merit: 18

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 12:44:25 PM

If i'm a billionaire why would I advertise bitcoins? Not because Bill Gates is afraid to take risks. Actually he earned that much money and respect by takinga risk. He will not be in his place without taking risk. Maybe he's not into bitcoin because it may be a hinder to his works or in where he is expert. Bitcoin may be a threat for him in a way that if someone becomes a millionaire or billionaire because of bitcoin, it can destroy Bill Gate's popularity. But don't blame hin. He got his own way to be a billionaire and I admire it. Hardworks will be paid off always.

A Feeder

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 03:48:12 PM

Bill Gate is one of the richest man in the whole world and I think Bill Gate may not understand the real block chaining technology, and he think that is not a true or scam and I think he does not aware of the usefulness of it.
Hira1995
Copper Member

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 04:34:05 PM

Bill gate thinks this is a tireless and risky investment.He is more worried that if he is invested in this yacht,he can be financially hurt when he is defeated.That is why he is against Bitcoin.
naturerock

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 04:44:27 PM

I think Bill Gates has too many powerful friends that make money off our corrupt banking system.  Especially his best friend Warren Buffet!.
Kolikalex55

Activity: 278

simply getting the job done

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 04:53:09 PM

The most interesting thing is that before he said that bitcoin is very cool and it is not who does not stop and took it to pay for Microsoft products and now he contradicts himself.

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
acheampong64

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 05:05:46 PM

The big men have always been behaving as such. They wouldn't want to see anything they don't understand or believe happening and I think Bill Gates is no exception. This is the same reason why countries are finding it difficult to accept/legalize it. The lawmakers simply don't understand the technology and so they fear.
eashikde

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 06:59:31 PM

I think he earned billions, so he created his products, which he advertised. But I do not think that such a person needs to invest somewhere, when his business blossoms and he is one of the richest people in the world. He perfectly understands that he can force many to do his example, but he does not need it, invest in another person's business. He always makes a profit and why should he invest?
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 07:28:33 PM

bill who?

Bezos said he is soon going all in on btc.

Only 100B + net worth individuals opinions hold sway on this forum.

Peasants make all kinds of strange claims that they can't substantiate.

lestariptr

Activity: 287

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 07:41:42 PM

I think the bill gates just warned us. and also just express his opinion. Everyone is free to argue. So you don't need to worry. There are still many other billionaires who believe in bitcon. So you don't need to think about that. If you panic then you will be carried away by the current.
10BTCaDay

Activity: 770

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 12:49:56 PM

When a person has such savings as his, he thinks about every little thing about risk, because he who invested $ 1000 and who is $ 1,000,000 and the losses from them will be different, one small and the other huge.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: