Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:16:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 93 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ★★ EBT Coin - Entropybit 100% PoS - Multipool - Bugfix version 4.0.3! ★★  (Read 131617 times)
tx42

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:02:18 PM

Good start. Now how about a brainstorming session on what more the community can do to help this coin develop?

1. Mission (Most Important): This coin needs a mission statement. "What if governmental EBT were a coin?" is not compelling. Could we take advantage of the name "EBT" and work some sort of charitable mission? It may be difficult to fulfill such a mission now, since EBT has such low value, but a mission statement would be a first step. The community could agree on the scope and nature of the mission, or at least have some input.

2. PR: The themes presented in this thread by some in the community seem to have some racist and misogynistic undertones. As someone who has accrued a lot of EBT, these themes don't resonate with me and may turn off the wider community. A highly successful coin needs a broad-base of adopters, not just the 18 to 29 year-old white males. I know this is basically the demographic for altcoins in general, but the theme of a coin should be more forward-thinking and strive to appeal to a wider community than just the lowest common denominator.

3. Links: The website is not listed on the topic post at bitcointalk, unless I missed it. It should be more prominent.

4. Website: The website is bare-bones. Although I like bare-bones myself, it looks a little "texty". To dress it up, it only needs some glossy/colorful buttons and a synopsis of the mission statement of the coin. For design, it would be good to emulate success. Several similar websites could serve as templates: http://dogecoin.com/ , http://www.duckduckcoin.com/ , and http://www.maxcoin.co.uk/ (down at the moment). Of these, probably the best design is maxcoin, although the website is having some problems ATM. Also, the new logo and font are really nice, but the website has a cyan border, which doesn't go with the green logo. The cyan border should be changed ASAP. The website needs to have an agreeable pallet that is based on the principle logo (which I assume is the green one). Also, the logo font should be complemented by the fonts on the rest of the website.

5. Wallets: The wallets should be redesigned with the new logo and theme. Additionally, I can create a double-click windows installer that automatically adds a proper conf file and populates the start menu. This will reduce the effort required by windows adopters to get started. They would literally need to double-click the installer then, when it's done, watch their new wallet start syncing. Ease of getting started will go far towards wider adoption.

I've tried to give the most critical and easiest issues to address to improve the value of this coin over the long run. I'd be glad to help with any of them.

As I said, I have much invested in this coin now, so my desire is to help see it succeed.

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EBT (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 09:22:53 PM

I have a writer working on a beefed up announcement now.

Wallet is also being updated with the latest image.

Website will be updated to a new template soon, IMO it needs more content and a little sleeker of a look. I'm not linking to it currently because, well, it needs some work still and everything can be found in the OP.
EBT (OP)

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 09:24:10 PM

When start the PoS please?

30 days after the coins were added to your wallet.
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:38:03 PM

When start the PoS please?

30 days after the coins were added to your wallet.
really? Thanks
ickyt2012

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:39:28 PM

Good start. Now how about a brainstorming session on what more the community can do to help this coin develop?

1. Mission (Most Important): This coin needs a mission statement. "What if governmental EBT were a coin?" is not compelling. Could we take advantage of the name "EBT" and work some sort of charitable mission? It may be difficult to fulfill such a mission now, since EBT has such low value, but a mission statement would be a first step. The community could agree on the scope and nature of the mission, or at least have some input.

2. PR: The themes presented in this thread by some in the community seem to have some racist and misogynistic undertones. As someone who has accrued a lot of EBT, these themes don't resonate with me and may turn off the wider community. A highly successful coin needs a broad-base of adopters, not just the 18 to 29 year-old white males. I know this is basically the demographic for altcoins in general, but the theme of a coin should be more forward-thinking and strive to appeal to a wider community than just the lowest common denominator.

3. Links: The website is not listed on the topic post at bitcointalk, unless I missed it. It should be more prominent.

4. Website: The website is bare-bones. Although I like bare-bones myself, it looks a little "texty". To dress it up, it only needs some glossy/colorful buttons and a synopsis of the mission statement of the coin. For design, it would be good to emulate success. Several similar websites could serve as templates: http://dogecoin.com/ , http://www.duckduckcoin.com/ , and http://www.maxcoin.co.uk/ (down at the moment). Of these, probably the best design is maxcoin, although the website is having some problems ATM. Also, the new logo and font are really nice, but the website has a cyan border, which doesn't go with the green logo. The cyan border should be changed ASAP. The website needs to have an agreeable pallet that is based on the principle logo (which I assume is the green one). Also, the logo font should be complemented by the fonts on the rest of the website.

5. Wallets: The wallets should be redesigned with the new logo and theme. Additionally, I can create a double-click windows installer that automatically adds a proper conf file and populates the start menu. This will reduce the effort required by windows adopters to get started. They would literally need to double-click the installer then, when it's done, watch their new wallet start syncing. Ease of getting started will go far towards wider adoption.

I've tried to give the most critical and easiest issues to address to improve the value of this coin over the long run. I'd be glad to help with any of them.

As I said, I have much invested in this coin now, so my desire is to help see it succeed.

Great Ideas. I love the idea of a refined mission statement. I've been researching EBT and SNAP(the foodstamp part of EBT) websites to see if there is an official mission statement for this program. I've been a little disappointed in that respect, but I have found some blurbs that may prove useful in inspiring and defining our out mission statement:

"the program rests on the assumption that households with restricted incomes may skimp on food purchases and live on diets that are inadequate in quantity and quality, or, alternatively skimp on other necessities to maintain an adequate diet".

"SNAP offers nutrition assistance to millions of eligible, low-income individuals and families and provides economic benefits to communities. SNAP is the largest program in the domestic hunger safety net. The Food and Nutrition Service works with State agencies, nutrition educators, and neighborhood and faith-based organizations to ensure that those eligible for nutrition assistance can make informed decisions about applying for the program and can access benefits. FNS also works with State partners and the retail community to improve program administration and ensure program integrity."

"Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) is an electronic system that allows a recipient to authorize transfer of their government benefits from a Federal account to a retailer account to pay for products received. EBT is used in all 50 States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and Guam. EBT has been implemented in all States since June of 2004."

"The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps, helps low-income individuals and families afford the cost of food at grocery stores and farmers’ markets. You can apply for these benefits by completing a state application form. This form can be mailed, faxed, or dropped off at a local DSS Regional Office. Once the form is complete, you will be assigned an eligibility worker who will interview you to complete the application process. "

"EBT cards are a safe and easy way to use the benefits you receive from the Department for Children and Families"

" Advantages of EBT:

Food can be bought using a simple, conventional plastic debit card
    If the EBT card is lost or stolen, the cardholder can report it and that card is immediately deactivated
    EBT transactions are faster for the retailers to process and receive their funds
    There are better audit trails to detect fraud and misuse of benefits
"

Cryptocurrency.... because hey, fiat money is just imaginary too
ickyt2012

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:41:56 PM

Also, I totally agree on the PR part. I was responsible for starting the "Even Bitches Take it" memes. Though they were not to be taken seriously. I was just trying to breathe some life into the forum.

We need to ensure that this community has a more professional and respectable heading if we wish to survive long enough to actually receive our PoS interest.

zyronx
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 02:10:40 AM

I have noticed something interesting. I'm mining at a super slow speed. EBT is hard to mine for the low kh. The blocks are being found so fast that my miners can't submit shares fast enough. that is why its taking forever for me to earn ebt. lol!  I bet when the diffaculty goes up and it takes longer my slow kh will be able to submit more. we need to get it harder to mine. Wink   Freaking awesome coin, I'm learning a lot doing this.

DannyTom

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:14:13 AM

I have noticed something interesting. I'm mining at a super slow speed. EBT is hard to mine for the low kh. The blocks are being found so fast that my miners can't submit shares fast enough. that is why its taking forever for me to earn ebt. lol!  I bet when the diffaculty goes up and it takes longer my slow kh will be able to submit more. we need to get it harder to mine. Wink   Freaking awesome coin, I'm learning a lot doing this.

Don't feel bad, I'm only at 30khash on a spare laptop since my pc crashed mining other coins.  I used to get around 1000 EBT a day, then 600, now since this weekend I'm only bringing in around 300 and that's mining non-stop.

Happy I got in from pretty much day one, but as you said, it's a great way to learn.

BTQ:  17NEp7WtUZt4V5RiFP6YHxD1hcte7U3sB8
LTC:  LeyXcTFxC5Ku3KDUyhwDHtLko1JwChd99h
FTC:  6n56LJKYrdgmsougCCjenLFtpPTcjFQ829
zyronx
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:56:26 AM

its really bad now, my windows azure trial it over. so I was getting almost 30 to 40 kh. with my other computers processor added to it. now its back down to around 6kh. When I sleep I turn on my main computer and add another 10 kh.  So far this coin is the hardest now to mine for the low ender.  its cool though. I got almost 8,000 coins. not bad for just playing around. 
arandy

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:11:35 AM

Time to promote this coin DEV  Cool
xminer2014

Activity: 207
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:31:13 AM

Let's start a new meme then Cheesy

EBT, Even Better Than ...

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:41:28 AM

Let's start a new meme then Cheesy

EBT, Even Better Than ...

There's a Mint joke in there somewhere.  Wink

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
zyronx
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:26:33 AM

thats a good name. Smiley

koinjoin75

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:09:05 PM

This new coin market does not know how to effect, and I'm looking forward to more powerful currencies
theneos

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:15:04 PM

anyone having problem with http://ebt.dsync.net ?

withdrawals (both auto and manual) not working for me  Cry
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:38:33 PM

I would contact them.

I use http://ebt.argakiig.us/. Works fine for me.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
theneos

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 02:11:50 PM

I would contact them.

I use http://ebt.argakiig.us/. Works fine for me.

that's what im using currently because dsync doesn't work. also i see that they are stuck on a block?  not sure why.
wantrepreneur

Activity: 147

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:00:11 PM

best exchange to buy large volume EBT?
iwandhdumas2003

Activity: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:28:19 PM

That, and I love a good experiment. Provided this is a genuine effort to be "different" from the other NXT clones, then consider me interested. If it isn't, then I'm not.
ickyt2012

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:47:13 PM

best exchange to buy large volume EBT?

Right now Openex and Pmtocoins are the only exchanges carrying EBT. Lazycoins is supposed to have support when it opens.

Your best bet for volume may be this board. We welcomed a couple of mining whales last week. They may be capable of providing what you are looking for.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 93 »
  Print  

Jump to: