Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:40:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Exchangers and new regulations.  (Read 470 times)
TheKeyLongThumbI

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:04:39 AM

Well, it seems that regulations are taking the direction of controlling the exchangers' users information. Given the difficulty of controlling the cryptosystem, for it is decentralized and, somehow, anonymous, governments are choosing to introduce some new requirements into exchangers, so they can control the identity of the crypto users.
The most recent case I've noticed is the Poloniex one, for the new rules have been implemented since the last week. Now, they ask you for your real name, your place of residence, a pick of your personal official ID, your telephone number, and (the most amazing), a picture of your own face, alongside with a paper in which the date must be written.

Regulations are coming, and they can hit hard the market, I'm afraid. Today every coin in Poloniex appears in red.
So. They can't totally control the coins, but they can control the use you make of a coin.

If exchangers become a new banking system, then, what's the point of crypto?

This is not new pal. I did this on bittrex and binance has this kind of KYC but it is just not enforced. And of course it should be your real name because none of us would want to get in trouble or else they will keep all our funds away from us if they found out.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: