Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:19:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop making shit alt-coins! It's making this forum usless. Mods do somthing pls!  (Read 1555 times)
ciscokid (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:05:28 AM

This section of bitcoin has become total crap. A new shit-coin pumped out everyday, what's the point?

I suggest the mods make some kind of requirements before you can post a new coin. Like it actually needs to be useful, and improve upon bitcoin or existing coins by a substantial margin.

The constant flood of shit in this forum is making it impossible to actually notice anything that might actually be useful.  Shocked

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
brianbbad

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:09:44 AM

Here here! Or at least develop some system to vote out / down vote a new coin... that way if it seems interesting to the members (or high-ranking btctalk members) -- even if it isn't a completely innovative altcoin -- it can stay.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:13:59 AM

This section of bitcoin has become total crap. A new shit-coin pumped out everyday, what's the point?

I suggest the mods make some kind of requirements before you can post a new coin. Like it actually needs to be useful, and improve upon bitcoin or existing coins by a substantial margin.

The constant flood of shit in this forum is making it impossible to actually notice anything that might actually be useful.  Shocked

Boy o boy. Who gets to decide what is worth while? Here I thought it being open source ment that anyone could do it? Let the markets decide what lives and what does not. Once you start "deciding" without the market, you destroy what cryptos are all about. Shit while we are at it, why not just cheer and let the governments start regulations on cryptos... because they have not ever screwed anything up before....

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
Victoo

Activity: 393

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:17:07 AM

It's good actually. So many people have got earning opportunities with new alt-coins.
BrewCrewFan

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:19:10 AM

It's good actually. So many people have got earning opportunities with new alt-coins.

Yep if it was not for the earning potential I would not have re invested into mining hardware.

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
eon89

Activity: 308
Merit: 292

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:21:20 AM

It is always either low post count users bitching about altcoins or it is high post count bitcoin bugs who only come to this section to bitch about altcoins.

We already vote on the ones we want my commenting and discussing the coin which keeps the threads of coins we find worthwhile high.

DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:21:31 AM

-1 Down vote.

Diversity is a good thing and alt coins have resurrected the PC business!

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
KingGoon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:28:52 AM

OP u look mad cuz u missed the hamburgercoin boat  Shocked  Cool

So Icy E-Money - Frozentalk.org FD1GwdBjTeMPFdZD5v3cVRG7ZoPJBAuLrf
All these girls excited ,Oooo ya know they like it ,Frozen so icy, so icy ,Haters don't try to fight it ,All yo friends invited ,Frozen so icy, so icy!!
ciscokid (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:31:10 AM

Here here! Or at least develop some system to vote out / down vote a new coin... that way if it seems interesting to the members (or high-ranking btctalk members) -- even if it isn't a completely innovative altcoin -- it can stay.

Very good idea. I agree 100%

The constant flood of shit in this forum is making it impossible to actually notice anything that might actually be useful.  Shocked

Boy o boy. Who gets to decide what is worth while? Here I thought it being open source ment that anyone could do it? Let the markets decide what lives and what does not. Once you start "deciding" without the market, you destroy what cryptos are all about. Shit while we are at it, why not just cheer and let the governments start regulations on cryptos... because they have not ever screwed anything up before....

Dude, it's a mess. You can't find anything useful. The market will decide based on what they see on the front page, easily manipulated. Vote up down by high ranking members is a good idea. That way I do not have to sift through countless pages of shit to find something useful. There needs to be some kind of filtering system at the least.

All earnings come at the expense of others when it's a pump and dump.

It is always either low post count users bitching about altcoins or it is high post count bitcoin bugs who only come to this section to bitch about altcoins.

We already vote on the ones we want my commenting and discussing the coin which keeps the threads of coins we find worthwhile high.

Easily manipulated bro.

The constant flood of shit in this forum is making it impossible to actually notice anything that might actually be useful.  Shocked

-1 Down vote.

Diversity is great, when it's not pure shit. Right now we have a diversity selection of shit. Wow, very coin!

LMAO, damn, how did you know? Maybe I can get in on Pizzacoin before the boat leaves.

Bottom line, we need an effective filtering system at the least.  
BrewCrewFan

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:36:21 AM

Very good idea. I agree 100%

Dude, it's a mess. You can't find anything useful. The market will decide based on what they see on the front page, easily manipulated. Vote up down by high ranking members is a good idea. That way I do not have to sift through countless pages of shit to find something useful. There needs to be some kind of filtering system at the least.

All earnings come at the expense of others when it's a pump and dump.

Easily manipulated bro.

-1 Down vote.

Diversity is great, when it's not pure shit. Right now we have a diversity selection of shit. Wow, very coin!

LMAO, damn, how did you know? Maybe I can get in on Pizzacoin before the boat leaves.

Bottom line, we need an effective filtering system at the least. 

Sure it is a mess, but really, I ignore 99% of em anyways because I got my normal coins I mine. Putting it for voting gives too much power to those highly active people who of course would vote down anything that would get their shit off the front page. Think about how much doge shit you would see every day or CONYE or whatever... you get what I mean.

ckoeber

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:37:35 AM

You win the thread.
Mr.V

Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:08:23 AM

no one cares about specs and tech of the coin anymore. 2014 is about who can market their coin the best

BTC:1NwEE7C2hVLSNGwSrFvsYgTrKddCvfhRwY
Coinyay

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:15:55 AM

WHY ARE THOSE WHO DON'T LIKE ALT COINS IN THIS PART OF THE FORUM TO BEGIN WITH?!?!?

If you dont like alt coins then just stay away from this section? altcoins brought so much more attention to bitcoin, where would doge and coinye be?
ciscokid (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:37:21 AM

WHY ARE THOSE WHO DON'T LIKE ALT COINS IN THIS PART OF THE FORUM TO BEGIN WITH?!?!?

If you dont like alt coins then just stay away from this section? altcoins brought so much more attention to bitcoin, where would doge and coinye be?

When did I say I don't like alt-coins? Why don't you read the post again before commenting.

no one cares about specs and tech of the coin anymore. 2014 is about who can market their coin the best

Yeah, that will be great for all the scam-artist out there.
garicup

Activity: 77

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:45:23 AM

To be honest, it feels like its slowed down a bit. Was really bad Novemeber / December last year.
ckoeber

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:51:19 AM

When did I say I don't like alt-coins? Why don't you read the post again before commenting.

[...]

You just don't get it; alt-coins are vital to the BitCoin community.

(1). They generate interest in alternate currencies

(2). They are the only way to make serious money (compared to going after the main coins like BitCoin/LiteCoin)

(3). They actually ENCOURAGE new developers as they essentially show how easy it is to make a coin and thus they will inspire the next innovative coin you are looking for

(4). They make the alternate currency community FUN and INVITING to people who would be otherwise outsiders.

As for scam artists, they will be there regardless. Not a net negative as it applies to everything.
ciscokid (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:18:16 AM

[...]

You just don't get it; alt-coins are vital to the BitCoin community.

(1). They generate interest in alternate currencies

(2). They are the only way to make serious money (compared to going after the main coins like BitCoin/LiteCoin)

(3). They actually ENCOURAGE new developers as they essentially show how easy it is to make a coin and thus they will inspire the next innovative coin you are looking for

(4). They make the alternate currency community FUN and INVITING to people who would be otherwise outsiders.

As for scam artists, they will be there regardless. Not a net negative as it applies to everything.

Trust me, I "get" it.

1- Sure, nothing wrong with that, if they actually had something of value to offer over what is already out there. Piling shit on shit does not help anyone but the con-artist on top.

2- Yeah, at the expense of newbies. When the house of cards falls down guess who will still be standing?

3- I rather have skilled developers with experience creating coins of actual value and benefit than "new developers" shitting their crapcoins all over the place.

4-Sure, fun until it's totally saturated with shit.

LOOK. I am all for alt-coins. Of course. What I am not for is blatant rip-offs with minor tweaks and then having them shitted all over the place so you can't actually find what is useful when it is released.

Bottom line is that 99.9% of the alt-coins are pure shit and they will ultimately get a few people rich at the expense of the newbies that did not know any better.

They offer nothing but false promise and hope on unsuspecting newcomers that don't fully understand what they are getting into. Sure, that's their bad for being so naive. But is this really what you want to promote?

phazon307

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Don't fear Crypto Exchanges go with honest well kn

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:23:13 AM

Yea diversity is good and yea people can have different options to mine but when you have over 100,000 altcoins how in the hell can exchanges keep up with this, what is going to happen is all things are going to be worth one penny because there will be so many different versions that nobody is going to know what the hell to mine. The exchanges will be pestered to add their altcoin until they just shut em down. It isn't about innovation it is about copying the source code adding your own tweaks to it releasing it after pumping it on 0 difficulty then dumping an absurd amount on an exchange and letting the people who you got interested in your coin wait and wait and wait with the hopes of it ever going above 5 cents a coin.

Win up $200.00 usd in bitcoins every hour.
ciscokid (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:27:29 AM

Yea diversity is good and yea people can have different options to mine but when you have over 100,000 altcoins how in the hell can exchanges keep up with this, what is going to happen is all things are going to be worth one penny because there will be so many different versions that nobody is going to know what the hell to mine. The exchanges will be pestered to add their altcoin until they just shut em down. It isn't about innovation it is about copying the source code adding your own tweaks to it releasing it after pumping it on 0 difficulty then dumping an absurd amount on an exchange and letting the people who you got interested in your coin wait and wait and wait with the hopes of it ever going above 5 cents a coin.

Well said.
Gamer67

Activity: 294

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:34:57 AM

Mucho ruido y pocas nueces

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: