Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:34:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚒[CGA] Cryptographic Anomaly - The Elusive Coin⚒  (Read 226214 times)
hoosen

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:54:28 PM

cga.altcoinpool.org has advertised that they have 0% fee for mining CGA. Im still being charged a fee for every incoming transaction showing in the transaction history. Also the pool statistics section on the site seems to be down. Huh Huh
You are only charged for TXFee.  The wallet isn't syncing. I'm fixing it.

Those arent fees? (posting this daringly) Im new to this so sorry if im confusing my self.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tf2honeybadger

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:58:07 PM

Have you already tried updating it and deleting the blockchain to force reloading it?
Already redownloaded the blockchain and upgraded to the newest version on github.
github is showing last update was 11 hours ago. Is it the right version?

Should be, how does your cga.conf look like? On which block hight is your client?

addnode=50.147.39.37
addnode=83.136.243.162
addnode=213.21.32.89
addnode=194.186.246.78
addnode=58.6.247.70
addnode=76.126.49.244
addnode=123.150.156.38
addnode=89.68.16.221

I'm at 10838
{
    "version" : 1010102,
    "protocolversion" : 70002,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 249.70236344,
    "blocks" : 10838,
    "timeoffset" : -1,
    "connections" : 4,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 0.75048956,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1391750014,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "mininput" : 0.00001000,
    "errors" : "Warning: Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade."
}

Get rid of all those addnodes, then resync your blockchain once more letting the client use the hardcoded nodes which we know to be good.
wzttide

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:01:36 PM

Those arent fees? (posting this daringly) Im new to this so sorry if im confusing my self.

I'm not sure, but MPOS (the software that nbphuoc uses) shows transaction fees as "TXFee" not as "Fee" afaik.
nbphuoc

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:02:50 PM

Get rid of all those addnodes, then resync your blockchain once more letting the client use the hardcoded nodes which we know to be good.
Ok, I'm add 10960 now. seems to be good. Thank you.
wzttide

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:04:03 PM

Good to hear, but your incident points another thing out: Some nodes are still running the old software. Where did you get the nodes you wrote in your config file from?
nbphuoc

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:05:08 PM

Good to hear, but your incident points another thing out: Some nodes are still running the old software. Where did you get the nodes you wrote in your config file from?
I went back to the OP and insert the nodes.
nbphuoc

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:13:54 PM

cga.altcoinpool.org has advertised that they have 0% fee for mining CGA. Im still being charged a fee for every incoming transaction showing in the transaction history. Also the pool statistics section on the site seems to be down. Huh Huh

Only an error with the display. I fixed it
Molitor

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:26:27 PM

I hate to see it go on an exchange so soon, because it will attract mining profiteers and squeeze out low hashrate players as the big guys can hedge between the top n profitable coins, whereas the little guys have no such option. I would suggest it more fair to keep it low profile for at least a little while where it can be accumulated by people who actually believe in the coin, rather than dumpsters.

If you feel it imperative to get on an exchange within -- what's it been? 10 days? -- just to put a valuation on it (or dump it), it indicates you don't have faith in the inherent value of the coin. I'm nearly certain this is not the case, as everyone involved seems sincere, but still, what is the argument for getting it on an exchange now instead of one month from now? The dev's energy should be focused on finalizing the algo and learning how to produce a Windows wallet in-house before they even consider an exchange.

If a new coin with tiny circulation hits an exchange, the buy/sell columns are going to be barren resulting in anemic volume. People are not going to think "Oooooh! Rare! Gimme!" they're going to think "deathspiral crapcoin." This isn't a coin like 42 where its whole schtick is simply being rare; people aren't going to come here an be mathed at, they're going to move on to something else.

Remember, when the Teeming Masses aren't bleating on about rarity, inflation, scamcoins, economics, and the frustration that Alts aren't take seriously, they're trading DOGE.

Take this criticism as "Tough Love."  Smiley

wzttide

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:31:31 PM

I hate to see it go on an exchange so soon, because it will attract mining profiteers and squeeze out low hashrate players as the big guys can hedge between the top n profitable coins, whereas the little guys have no such option. I would suggest it more fair to keep it low profile for at least a little while where it can be accumulated by people who actually believe in the coin, rather than dumpsters.

If you feel it imperative to get on an exchange within -- what's it been? 10 days? -- just to put a valuation on it (or dump it), it indicates you don't have faith in the inherent value of the coin. I'm nearly certain this is not the case, as everyone involved seems sincere, but still, what is the argument for getting it on an exchange now instead of one month from now? The dev's energy should be focused on finalizing the algo and learning how to produce a Windows wallet in-house before they even consider an exchange.

If a new coin with tiny circulation hits an exchange, the buy/sell columns are going to be barren resulting in anemic volume. People are not going to think "Oooooh! Rare! Gimme!" they're going to think "deathspiral crapcoin." This isn't a coin like 42 where its whole schtick is simply being rare; people aren't going to come here an be mathed at, they're going to move on to something else.

Remember, when the Teeming Masses aren't bleating on about rarity, inflation, scamcoins, economics, and the frustration that Alts aren't take seriously, they're trading DOGE.

+1
Momiji

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:36:57 PM

Amen

We should increase the amount of our believers through a greatness of conception.
mycointr

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:43:00 PM

if there won't be an Exchange, people start to ask themselves why am i wasting my hash?
and coin will die in less than a month..
hoosen

Activity: 163

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:55:11 PM

Only an error with the display. I fixed it

Cheers, I was going nuts about that for a while there hahah good thing my browser closed before I submitted my last post with more pictures!
tf2honeybadger

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:57:20 PM

If a new coin with tiny circulation hits an exchange, the buy/sell columns are going to be barren resulting in anemic volume. People are not going to think "Oooooh! Rare! Gimme!" they're going to think "deathspiral crapcoin." This isn't a coin like 42 where its whole schtick is simply being rare; people aren't going to come here an be mathed at, they're going to move on to something else.u

Replying from mobile, excuse any spelling errors.

I fully agree with this.  I personally would like to see us get the alert system working (I've been making some progress), get the configs for P2Pool actually right (0btc and I are working on this), cross compilation for different operating systems working, and most of all, we need to stabilize the network.  Too often people are getting on wrong forks, and not updating. This should be the top priority, in my opinion. We need to isolate the cause and origin of the forks, and fix it. I've got a list of suspect nodes on my laptop that I'll update this port with later.
s4w3d0ff (OP)

Activity: 322

Spray and Pray

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:06:21 PM

If a new coin with tiny circulation hits an exchange, the buy/sell columns are going to be barren resulting in anemic volume. People are not going to think "Oooooh! Rare! Gimme!" they're going to think "deathspiral crapcoin." This isn't a coin like 42 where its whole schtick is simply being rare; people aren't going to come here an be mathed at, they're going to move on to something else.u

I fully agree with this.  I personally would like to see us get the alert system working (I've been making some progress), get the configs for P2Pool actually right (0btc and I are working on this), cross compilation for different operating systems working, and most of all, we need to stabilize the network.  Too often people are getting on wrong forks, and not updating. This should be the top priority, in my opinion. We need to isolate the cause and origin of the forks, and fix it. I've got a list of suspect nodes on my laptop that I'll update this port with later.

Oh man... you guys are going to hate me... Roll Eyes I had sent an email to https://poloniex.com/ and they informed me (literately 10 min before this was posted by Molitor) that CGA was the next coin on there list to put on there exchange... I could email them and ask for a delay if that is what the majority wants.

BTC:15D8VaZco22GTLVrFMAehXyif6EGf8GMYV
|⚒|Cryptographic Anomaly|⚒|
tf2honeybadger

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:08:46 PM

Oh man... you guys are going to hate me... Roll Eyes I had sent an email to https://poloniex.com/ and they informed me (literately 10 min before this was posted by Molitor) that CGA was the next coin on there list to put on there exchange... I could email them and ask for a delay if that is what the majority wants.

Yes, please do delay it indefinitely until the community decides it is ready. It will be damaging for it to be on an exchange so early.
s4w3d0ff (OP)

Spray and Pray

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:14:23 PM

Yes, please do delay it indefinitely until the community decides it is ready. It will be damaging for it to be on an exchange so early.

I sent an email asking for the delay.

crike

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:15:46 PM

Why?

BTC: 19GwYWZjY3RczZFCS7S64AikrARuyZ7Zoc
wzttide

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:16:13 PM

Even if I agree with all you wrote, tf2honeybadger, I must say: Marketing is the best way of keeping a coin running. The best feature and a stable network is nothing worth if you have no people wanting to use (trade, mine, contribute) the coin.

A main thing about coin marketing is getting the coin on an exchange. There are many pretty undervalued coins (e. g. DIME) because of their lack of marketing (website, forums, exchanges).

I don't want to say to go now on an exchange, but we should make a time plan when which features will be ready and when to hit the first exchange. And this planning should happen fast.
rfe3

Activity: 66

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:04:13 PM

I agree also, too quick off the mark and it could kill the coin. The idea behind the Coin is great, it's different and innovative...but it hasn't gone exactly to plan. The Roll out was low key, not a lot of fanfare and Hoopla...Thank goodness...With the problems in the rarity being not so rare as planned, no real Marketing plans, the instable nodes, lack of compiled binaries for all systems could have been a real Disaster if "The Eye of Sauron" had been paying any attention. Instead the small community that has been here from the begining have really dug in and saved the Coin, but there are still some issues to be resolved before it can be a Tradeble,Stable and Sustainable Coin. The community that has jumped in to help s4w3d0ff has been really amazing, Hats off to you guys...

If the Coin needs another couple of weeks before it's Bulletproof, then the rollout on the exchange should be pushed off. I think in the long run the extra effort in getting things right will make a big difference in the percieved value...Devs staying on top of problems, strong community based problem solving and support, ect...

I wish I could do more to help with the programming side but unfortunately I couldn't write programming code if my life depended on it.... The last code I compiled was "Hello World" on my brand new Commodore 64.... Shocked...but, as an Experemental Aircraft Engineer I could probably design you a pretty cool Drone if anybody needed one... Wink

Wait and be patient...It'll be worth it.
s4w3d0ff (OP)

Spray and Pray

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:09:25 PM

I agree also, too quick off the mark and it could kill the coin. The idea behind the Coin is great, it's different and innovative...but it hasn't gone exactly to plan. The Roll out was low key, not a lot of fanfare and Hoopla...Thank goodness...With the problems in the rarity being not so rare as planned, no real Marketing plans, the instable nodes, lack of compiled binaries for all systems could have been a real Disaster if "The Eye of Sauron" had been paying any attention. Instead the small community that has been here from the begining have really dug in and saved the Coin, but there are still some issues to be resolved before it can be a Tradeble,Stable and Sustainable Coin. The community that has jumped in to help s4w3d0ff has been really amazing, Hats off to you guys...

If the Coin needs another couple of weeks before it's Bulletproof, then the rollout on the exchange should be pushed off. I think in the long run the extra effort in getting things right will make a big difference in the percieved value...Devs staying on top of problems, strong community based problem solving and support, ect...

I wish I could do more to help with the programming side but unfortunately I couldn't write programming code if my life depended on it.... The last code I compiled was "Hello World" on my brand new Commodore 64.... Shocked...but, as an Experemental Aircraft Engineer I could probably design you a pretty cool Drone if anybody needed one... Wink

Wait and be patient...It'll be worth it.

I might take you up on that offer for the drone... That has been my dream side project Wink.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: