Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:01:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's cut Cryptsy some slack here people!!!  (Read 1570 times)
btcmania (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 05:50:59 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2014, 06:02:31 AM by btcmania

Folks, I know you've been coming down hard on Cryptsy lately. But really people you should be much more understanding.

Cryptsy simply cannot afford to purchase servers and hire more people to deal with your issues. Employee BitJohn was recently quote as saying, they can barely make enough to "keep the lights on".

And so we've seen some "minor glitches" (as BigVern like's to call them) that include such minor issues as:

60 Bitcoins that don't belong to you just appear in your wallet

We'll steal your coinz
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=371270.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=372788.0

5 day wait for withdrawals and negative balances

4 days for a deposit

Over 7 day wait for trouble tickets to be read

BTC goes missing for 5 days

Now at Cryptsy we're trying to solve these issues..........

We save you annoyance by preventing you from logging in at all

We solved the issue of withholding your money by simply disallowing trade cancellations:

Slow wallet transfers? We just give you negative balance. Problem solved!

Unsure about that last trade? We now hold your orders for 12 hours so you don't change your mind

Spending your coins foolishly? We'll keep your withdrawn money for 7 hours just in case

40 hours to deposit coins = more time to read a book

Making too many sporadic trades? One trade per hour sounds good

Six hour DOGE deposit times means more time to play with your dog

Money missing? Our own support section says just send us MORE

Happy Customer Testimonials
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=383026.0

Our new and improved support system

http://robertmacbeath.wordpress.com/tag/cryptsy-sucks/

https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/74237

You are important to us

At Cryptsy we value you as a customer. That's why we have allowed these issues to prolong since November of 2013. That's three months of complete incompetence and disregard for you, the customer. We can't afford new servers to speed things up nor can we afford new staff to make sure you don't wait 21 days for your ticket to be resolved.

Just take a look at our profits from two weeks ago:

Collected Fees This Period:  (Jan 10 - Jan 16)
BTC Fees: 72.135 btc
LTC Fees: 353.474 ltc @ 0.0291 =  10.29 btc
XPM Fees: 71.88 xpm @ 0.00387 =  0.28 btc
Total:  82.705 btc (approx. $65,088)

And look at the pocket change we made the following week:

Collected Fees This Period:  (Jan 17 - Jan 23)
BTC Fees: 335.28 btc
LTC Fees: 1100.02 ltc @ 0.0266 =  29.26 btc
XPM Fees: 163.86 xpm @ 0.00357 =  0.585 btc

Total Fees Collected:  365.125 btc (approx. $287,353)

Yes, $287353 in ONE WEEK.

So you see, as we pay our investors and sip our wine and eat our caviar - all courtesy of the fees you pay us - you're not just a number to us, not just a BTC in the bank, you're very special to us and we handle problems in quick fashion.

Love
Cryptsy

Hi.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:55:18 AM

cryptsy is making bank, thanks for the transparency.
btcmania (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 06:19:51 AM

I don't have a problem with any of it.

~BCX~

Me neither. If I had my trades complete within 10 seconds I might be tempted to make another one. Crpytsy holding trades for 30 minutes makes sure I can't profit as much and we all want that. Profit makes egos, egos make for mean people. If we all suffer and lose out on profit with Cryptsy, we can all be nicer people without egos.

Waiting 7-30 days for trouble tickets to be fixed means more time to clean the garage and less chance to make profit on coins. More clean garages for the world.

Having to wait hours and days for money to come back to our wallets, money we've paid fees on, is awesome. It reduces impulse spending. In fact banks should also place 7 hour holds on money we deposit and withdraw. Visit the ATM at 12 noon and come back at 7pm to be able to take the money out. Expecting your money back immediately is ridiculous.

Hi.
Zzzack

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:23:19 AM

The best site. We love you too cryptsy

Producer
obermensch

Activity: 106

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:30:35 AM

I understand you have issues, yes.

but Then atleast post if you are planing on keep coins hostage for 3-4 weeks.
i have at this moment over 6500 yacoins, on cryptsy, that i have not had access to for around 3 weeks now.

first i sent 10 Yacoins, just to make sure the transactions did go trough, and it did, a few hour later i sent more, they never got trough.

so what is the deal with this?

well for the first, the price is almost 50% down of what it was when i sent the coins, and i was going to use does coins to pay for hosting expences i have for my Miningpools related to Yacoin, i had to pay for it myself out of my own LITTLE wallet.

SO STILL WAITING FOR MY COINS  Smiley
roozifus

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:34:50 AM

btcmania

Activity: 14

Date Registered:   January 25, 2014, 02:49:24 AM

New trading platforms are popping up and so these shill accounts appear out of nowhere to knock cryptsy.  Expect much more of this to come.
jumpmanjay

Activity: 61

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:52:57 AM

I'm doing some automated trading on Cryptsy without any issues. :shrug:

CoinTrader - Trade digital currency on Android via Cryptsy!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sedailabs.cointrader

BitPredict - Trade your favorite events on Android via Predictious!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sedailabs.bitpredict
affan

Activity: 308

Create smart contracts without coding skills!

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 06:53:09 AM

any info about other exchanger....,  ?? I will not trade at cryptsy until my pending deposit resolved  Angry

ALFATOKEN   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★   Sept, 29 - Oct, 29
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:56:46 AM

btcmania

New trading platforms are popping up and so these shill accounts appear out of nowhere to knock cryptsy.  Expect much more of this to come.

Amazing how Coinhunter's mcxNOW comes back online and the newbie shills appear by the dozens to trash Cryptsy.

~BCX~

I have nothing to do with mcxNOW and am a Cryptsy share holder!

I am hearing reports of Megacoin deposits which have not cleared for over 1 week! And several other coins having similar deposit issues like NET.

Support requests are not getting answered.

Cryptsy at least keep us informed on what the problem is - this lack of communication is getting very annoying!

Angry
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:02:44 AM

Folks, I know you've been coming down hard on Cryptsy lately. But really people you should be much more understanding.
well played.

i'll be following this thread with interest.

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
roozifus

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:20:28 AM

btcmania

Amazing how Coinhunter's mcxNOW comes back online and the newbie shills appear by the dozens to trash Cryptsy.

~BCX~

I have nothing to do with mcxNOW and am a Cryptsy share holder!

I am hearing reports of Megacoin deposits which have not cleared for over 1 week! And several other coins having similar deposit issues like NET.

Support requests are not getting answered.

Cryptsy at least keep us informed on what the problem is - this lack of communication is getting very annoying!

Angry

I'm certainly not suggesting that cryptsy be immune from criticism.

The support thing is particularly concerning as I thought they had a bunch of new support staff now.
stas

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:22:07 AM

btcmania

New trading platforms are popping up and so these shill accounts appear out of nowhere to knock cryptsy.  Expect much more of this to come.

~BCX~

that's about it:)

btcmania (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 08:34:46 AM

~BCX~

I'm not affiliated with mcxNow but regardless of what you think, the issues listed in my initial post are indeed real, confirmable, ongoing and overdue to be fixed. Pointing out Cryptsy's dismal performance and ridiculous way of operating a business is my only concern.

Hi.
roozifus

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:27:57 AM

~BCX~

I'm not affiliated with mcxNow but regardless of what you think, the issues listed in my initial post are indeed real, confirmable, ongoing and overdue to be fixed. Pointing out Cryptsy's dismal performance and ridiculous way of operating a business is my only concern.

Most of the issues you've pointed out are in fact not ongoing.

Some of the issues have been fixed, most of them were caused by the last altcoin boom which nobody predicted and cryptsy was the only exchange able to handle (albeit barely).

My understanding is that they've also proactively added a bunch of new servers in the last week.

I'm not saying cryptsy are perfect, of course there's a lot of room for improvement, but the reason you see so many people complaining about them is because everybody is using them, and everybody is using them because currently they're the best.

Seriously, give me a better platform that can handle the volumes that cryptsy does and I'll be the first to switch. Smiley

lonesoul

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:45:08 AM

btcmania

~BCX~

Im 100% sure Cryptsy was getting bashed all the time MCX was online/offline/online again - You do seem to have a long lasting vendetta against Coinhunter (who i assume is RS >.< i wasnt around at the time of his shenanigans)  Im fairly sure MCX doesn't need to bash cryptsy, there are plenty of noobs out there that make mistakes and then shout loudly how it was cryptsys fault when in fact they had done something stupid or dont understand how things work and just throw their toys out of the pram. After all this is internet land, home of the trolls! :-) just my thoughts

Please click this link-> https://mcxnow.com/?r=Stuartnorth       (The link is a referral link, it costs you nothing, but provides a little bonus for me if you click through to the site. Please help feed my baby. Thanks :-) )
miner002013

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:48:13 AM

I am too scare to transfer in or out coins at crispy... takes ages ..

Nice list though lol
thest0ckman

Activity: 119

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 01:10:40 PM

transfers out suck. crypsy sucks

most positive posts are newbie accounts (paid shills)

cryotsy made 365,000 dollars last week, 365k in 7 days
check it out here https://cryptostocks.com/announcements/585

how can you say there is no money.

such bullshit

elgeo

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:19:47 PM

I don't have a problem with any of it.

~BCX~

Me neither. If I had my trades complete within 10 seconds I might be tempted to make another one. Crpytsy holding trades for 30 minutes makes sure I can't profit as much and we all want that. Profit makes egos, egos make for mean people. If we all suffer and lose out on profit with Cryptsy, we can all be nicer people without egos.

Waiting 7-30 days for trouble tickets to be fixed means more time to clean the garage and less chance to make profit on coins. More clean garages for the world.

Having to wait hours and days for money to come back to our wallets, money we've paid fees on, is awesome. It reduces impulse spending. In fact banks should also place 7 hour holds on money we deposit and withdraw. Visit the ATM at 12 noon and come back at 7pm to be able to take the money out. Expecting your money back immediately is ridiculous.

the last weeks works good i think. my 90% of my trades completes in 10 secs... but have no idea how they setup their servers but they need to have high availability...in case of fail...

I don't have a signature because I'm not a customary person.
primer-
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:44:24 PM

Cryptsy is a shithole exchange - no sane person would ever trade there twice.
jumpmanjay

Activity: 61

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:19:30 PM

Transferred out BTC from Cryptsy to another site. Took about 10 mins.

The site seems much improved today. It looks like they made some updates, but just the general responsiveness seems much better.

CoinTrader - Trade digital currency on Android via Cryptsy!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sedailabs.cointrader

BitPredict - Trade your favorite events on Android via Predictious!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sedailabs.bitpredict
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: