Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:04:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BARR] The Only Cryptocurrency earned 100% by Multi-Proof-of-Burn  (Read 39270 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mamamae
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:09:48 PM

you are aware of the coinjanitor project raising ico to help exit dead coin?
HZ is a community that would love your ideas as the project is pretty much dead
the last big spur seen on dead coin was blitz and supercoin in 2017 (great exit that would be great to see again over 1 mil usd exchanged in 1 day for coin market ) hyper gone to hyperx lot less value but still hanging there.
Ardor is a good platform i may do an airdrop from there and see if barr is accepted nxt-> ardor swap seems not too hard

reality ? you fell to Scammers after being in an ICO , IPO
(more like any other stock and index in the world ICO or not got your portfolio down 25 % or 85 %)
Now  SEC is helping you getting back up your lost money maybe....
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BARR_Official (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 03:01:22 PM

I will stop by next year like always,
Hopefully this is a good year for all.
Take care and make sure to continue project even if it's on a new system model that can help you mid term to launch plus a distro that will swing both ways . I'm sure you have many ideas. Maybe a swap to a new platform would help an initial funding of barr that already exist.

Yeah definitely.  The NXT platform is still perfectly adequate, but there's always room for improvement, and there are plenty of new platforms coming out. 

Buying At Retail and Restaurants - BarrCryptocurrency.com
BARR_Official (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2019, 07:56:25 AM

you are aware of the coinjanitor project raising ico to help exit dead coin?
HZ is a community that would love your ideas as the project is pretty much dead
the last big spur seen on dead coin was blitz and supercoin in 2017 (great exit that would be great to see again over 1 mil usd exchanged in 1 day for coin market ) hyper gone to hyperx lot less value but still hanging there.
Ardor is a good platform i may do an airdrop from there and see if barr is accepted nxt-> ardor swap seems not too hard

CoinJanitor is still going, I'm checking it out to see what they're planning to do.

I've never actually used ETH for anything but trading on exchanges, but I might get some to invest in CoinJanitor.

Maybe I shouldn't have sold my ETH when it was $2.00

BARR_Official (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2019, 02:21:10 AM

BARR will soon be re-branding as BarrCoins: Buying At Retail & Restaurants.  Check back here for details and announcements.

BARR_Official (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2019, 02:39:28 AM

We have cleared the orderbook on the NXT Asset Exchange all the way up past $1.00 per BARR.

If you want to sell BARR, there are plenty of orders now at the highest price (in NXT) that BARR has ever seen.

2x25BT

Activity: 732
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2019, 02:54:29 AM

is burning still alive ?
BARR_Official (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2019, 03:24:48 AM

is burning still alive ?

It looks like the initial coin generation phase is over - instead of Proof of Work, we had Multi-Proof-of-Burn.

Now the plan is to move onto a new blockchain with a new purpose, and begin Proof of Stake.

Of course, as always, anyone who doesn't want to burn their BARR and swap to the new blockchain can keep their coins and continue on the NXT Platform as always.  Their BARR will still continue to function the same.

But we haven't set a firm date yet for the swap, so there's plenty of time to think and discuss.

2x25BT

Activity: 732
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2019, 03:31:13 AM

i mean is it possible to get BARR now except buing it ?
BARR_Official (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2019, 03:35:03 AM

i mean is it possible to get BARR now except buing it ?

No, unless someone pays you in BARR for goods or services.  But we're working on some new plans, so you'll hear it here first when we announce.

BARR_Official (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2019, 12:36:46 AM

Are there any more of you BARR holders still around this forum?

I've contacted the ones here whose screennames I know, and who I know are still holding BARR.

But there are some holders who have never posted here as far as I know, so maybe I'll message any unknown accounts through the NXT blockchain.  Just to keep everyone in the loop before we decide to swap to a new blockchain or anything like that.

jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 09:51:37 PM

is burning still alive ?

It looks like the initial coin generation phase is over - instead of Proof of Work, we had Multi-Proof-of-Burn.

Now the plan is to move onto a new blockchain with a new purpose, and begin Proof of Stake.

Of course, as always, anyone who doesn't want to burn their BARR and swap to the new blockchain can keep their coins and continue on the NXT Platform as always.  Their BARR will still continue to function the same.

But we haven't set a firm date yet for the swap, so there's plenty of time to think and discuss.

I have tracking BARR in the past and is also interested to know about plans for the future. Have you decided yet on which blockchain you will be moving to? For example token on Eth, token on Waves, token on Binance chain etc. or will you create your own new chain?
BARR_Official (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2019, 12:52:46 AM

is burning still alive ?

I have tracking BARR in the past and is also interested to know about plans for the future. Have you decided yet on which blockchain you will be moving to? For example token on Eth, token on Waves, token on Binance chain etc. or will you create your own new chain?

We're not going to use ETH, because those tokens aren't really independent as long as the transaction fees are in ETH.
If you get a million of an ERC token, you can't even send them unless you also have ETH.
That has been the one drawback of having BARR on NXT, although the advantages have far outweighed the negatives.
If BARR hadn't been on NXT, it might not still be running after 4 years.  But it is, so NXT was a good choice to start with.

But now we're going to upgrade to an independent blockchain.
Really we could clone Bitcoin or any other coin, if we don't need lots of smartchain features.  But Bitcoin's out of the question, because everyone has ASICs for the algorithm;  we can't protect the network from everyone in the world who could spend a few dollars to rent hash for an hour and triple our hashrate.

So we're looking at Komodo, although we don't necessarily need all of its features, and even though Equihash has its own ASICs too now.
They're talking about allowing other variations of the algo, but it's still being tested.

So for now we're going to participate in a test project called Golden Crypto Commodity, for fun, but also to make the best coin we can.
If that goes smoothly on Komodo, then we'll know how BarrCoin would go on Komodo.

I think you'll be impressed when you see how Golden Crypto Commodity launches, even for a fun test coin. 
We have several things planned that are going to be pretty crazy.
And if you're impressed with our warm-up, you can be sure the BarrCoin relaunch will be even better than that.

BARR_Official (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2019, 09:39:01 AM

We will soon be taking down our buy orders, in advance of our transfer to a new blockchain.

There's still about .1BTC in NXT available, if anyone else wants to trade their BARR for NXT while it's available.

Otherwise, happy holding and we'll see you on the new blockchain!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28]
  Print  

Jump to: