Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:00:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why there is difference?  (Read 2578 times)
dashingriddler
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:51:56 AM

Good to see a notice has been slapped to RBI and hope it turns out good.
Unocoin started operation after consulting NDA in mumbai. "If the law gets formed which will be retrospective, then it do not matter whether you stopped the business in between or continued. You still get prosecuted." This is one of the arguments heard. The chances that there will be a retrospective regulation is extremely slim.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████▀▀         ▀▀███████▄
    ▄█████▀                  ▀██████
   █████▀      ▄▄▄█████▄▄      ▀█████▄
  █████     ▄██████████████▄     ▀████▄
 █████     ██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄    ▀████
▐████     █████          █████     █████
█████    ▐████                     ▐████
█████    █████                     ▐████
█████     █████          ▄████▌    █████
 ████▌    ▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀    ▄████▌
 ▀████▄     ▀██████████████▀     ▄████▀
  ▀█████▄     `▀████████▀▀     ▄█████▀
   `██████▄                  ▄██████
     ▀███████▄▄          ▄▄███████▀
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCIndia (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:33:16 AM

Unocoin started operation after consulting NDA in mumbai. "If the law gets formed which will be retrospective, then it do not matter whether you stopped the business in between or continued. You still get prosecuted." This is one of the arguments heard. The chances that there will be a retrospective regulation is extremely slim.

Is this your interpretation or guidance given by legal adviser engaged? Any documentation, you feel like sharing? Or its exclusive for BAI?

He's Nick Sazbo from Washington. I've my answer. Or Hal? :O
techguy

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:34:36 AM

The CIS has done a way more intensive study on an Open Source level for Bitcoin in India. Also, Chaitanya Advocates from Bangalore have filed a letter with the RBI and have given a deadline of Feb 7th before the case is taken to the higher courts. NDA have also done a press release, so its a well noted contribution.
The Global Bitcoin Conference had speakers who spoke about how easy it was to purchase Bitcoins on Mt Gox and bring them to India. These things were voraciously spoken along with investment advice and sales focus. The conference would have gained way more acceptance if it had focused on the nascent stage of the technology rather than rendering it as an investment vehicle.

Watch who you troll! You obviously seem to be driven by mainstream media and that will only get you as far as the door.

If you want to sensationalize something that no one understands, scam people on your own time, using your own methods.

What is CIS? May i know if some people are behind chitanya advocates or they themselves have filed a letter?

The time when GBC happend was different and there was no storm. GBC did not ask speakers to speak on a specific topic - topics were chosen by the speakers themselves and GBC only categorized them into 4 panels. If it was happening now, it would have been much different for sure. I am also thinking GBC is one of the reasons for storm to start in India.
It would be interesting to see how things would turn out if some one can organize another conference now in India.

Google CIS. The rest of the information will be release on the public domain in time.

http://www.dnaindia.com/money/report-bitcoin-fan-slaps-notice-on-rbi-seeks-framework-1958211

Here we go.

Is this the same venugopal - ? http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cwc/content/story/246078.html
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 08:40:57 AM

The CIS has done a way more intensive study on an Open Source level for Bitcoin in India. Also, Chaitanya Advocates from Bangalore have filed a letter with the RBI and have given a deadline of Feb 7th before the case is taken to the higher courts. NDA have also done a press release, so its a well noted contribution.
The Global Bitcoin Conference had speakers who spoke about how easy it was to purchase Bitcoins on Mt Gox and bring them to India. These things were voraciously spoken along with investment advice and sales focus. The conference would have gained way more acceptance if it had focused on the nascent stage of the technology rather than rendering it as an investment vehicle.

Watch who you troll! You obviously seem to be driven by mainstream media and that will only get you as far as the door.

If you want to sensationalize something that no one understands, scam people on your own time, using your own methods.

What is CIS? May i know if some people are behind chitanya advocates or they themselves have filed a letter?

The time when GBC happend was different and there was no storm. GBC did not ask speakers to speak on a specific topic - topics were chosen by the speakers themselves and GBC only categorized them into 4 panels. If it was happening now, it would have been much different for sure. I am also thinking GBC is one of the reasons for storm to start in India.
It would be interesting to see how things would turn out if some one can organize another conference now in India.

Google CIS. The rest of the information will be release on the public domain in time.

http://www.dnaindia.com/money/report-bitcoin-fan-slaps-notice-on-rbi-seeks-framework-1958211

Here we go.

Is this the same venugopal - ? http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cwc/content/story/246078.html

Possible. Quite an eccentric and global personality.

dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:50:36 AM

Is this your interpretation or guidance given by legal adviser engaged? Any documentation, you feel like sharing? Or its exclusive for BAI?
The argument "If the law gets formed which will be retrospective, then it do not matter whether you stopped the business in between or continued. You still get prosecuted." came up while we were having some discussions with ND himself. The argument came up from our own BAI group and ND did not oppose.

Chances that retrospective regulation may be farmed is slim is said by both ND and also IRS guy who visited CoinMonk when i asked about his opinion. I have the same opinion as well.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:54:17 AM

I beleive it is center for internet and society as per google. i could not find anything specific to bitcon that is related to them though. sure will wait for more news. but please share if you already know something about it.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 09:18:08 AM

I beleive it is center for internet and society as per google. i could not find anything specific to bitcon that is related to them though. sure will wait for more news. but please share if you already know something about it.

They have been a part of the community for a long while now.
They have released the most definitive study on Bitcoin in India as well. All these things are on the forums.

dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:53:45 AM

My search on google and on forum did not get the info i m looking for. may i know the username from which they are publishing on this forum? or may be the links where i can read about these?

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

techguy

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:08:52 AM

My search on google and on forum did not get the info i m looking for. may i know the username from which they are publishing on this forum? or may be the links where i can read about these?

http://cis-india.org/internet-governance/bitcoin-legal-regulation-india
dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:00:07 PM

Oh i had read this article a couple of weeks ago. Not sure where i had got the link from though at that time. Thanks for sharing.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:52:37 PM

As we know, Buysellbitco.in has halted trade after ED's raid and so did Unocoin. After week or two Unocoin taking things in hand decided to go live and buysellbitco.in not. Why is the difference amount Bitcoin enthusiast? Isn't there unity among people here? Seems like fork has already formed when BAI came into existence. What is the status of Indian community according to you?

Why do u ask such controversial questions ? See what is going on here => https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=369278.60

Has not buysellbitco.in resumed operation yet ? I can see Mahin Gupta is back to the forum for.............

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A LAWYER.  THE ABOVE POST IS INFORMATIONAL ONLY AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS LEGAL ADVISE.  IF YOU HAVE A SPECIFIC QUESTION ABOUT YOUR ACTIVITY YOU SHOULD RETAIN INDEPENDENT LEGAL ADVISER.

Regards

LOL! Do we look so naive to consider it as legal advice?  Grin
What about you? Did you consult Legal Adviser before your activity?

Lol Yep, you are not naive and that disclaimer is not for you, but put that disclaimer to save myself Grin
I will again quote below line :
"Bitcoin isn't just cutting edge technology it is cutting edge application of law and that means risk, complexity, and uncertainty."

Legal advise does not help in case of uncertainty, and in that case its better to avoid that sector. Sometimes you learn lessons hard way.

Regards

Yup... now your every step is expected to save yourself. But I salute your guts that u r back here. Some champions of this forum are found to delete their own post after ED visited u... LoLz

Just like Sattik shared the IRS visit with us... will u share the ED visit Mahin ?

My same request is to Nilam Doctor, if he is reading this...........  Roll Eyes

buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 07:09:54 AM

Thanks Smiley

Cant share much about ED visit as of now.
I am planning to contribute more on forums for the time-being, and yep blogging too.

Regards

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:31:14 AM

Yup... now your every step is expected to save yourself. But I salute your guts that u r back here. Some champions of this forum are found to delete their own post after ED visited u... LoLz

Just like Sattik shared the IRS visit with us... will u share the ED visit Mahin ?

My same request is to Nilam Doctor, if he is reading this...........  Roll Eyes

Absence increase respect. Wink

BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:32:24 AM

Thanks Smiley

Cant share much about ED visit as of now.
I am planning to contribute more on forums for the time-being, and yep blogging too.

Regards

Its okay we do understand seriousness of issue. Forgive him for asking silly question. We look forward to your contribution for 'time-being'.

dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:26:32 AM

IRS guys did not like me sharing ALL the info like i did as well. IRS guy expressed this in a subsequent call.

BTW the correct way to spell my name is Sathvik. Full name is Sathvik Vishwanath Smiley

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:32:20 AM

IRS guys did not like me sharing ALL the info like i did as well. IRS guy expressed this in a subsequent call.

BTW the correct way to spell my name is Sathvik. Full name is Sathvik Vishwanath Smiley

Sathvik Vishwanath? The one who organized GBC? Really? I can't believe, you're here in forum between us. I was looking for you everywhere and here you're around me with alias "Dashingriddler". How fool of me.  Cheesy

Hi Satvik! Nice to meet you! BTCIndia here. I guess, you have idea about size of India. Wink

dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:38:56 AM

Sathvik Vishwanath? The one who organized GBC? Really? I can't believe, you're here in forum between us. I was looking for you everywhere and here you're around me with alias "Dashingriddler". How fool of me.  Cheesy

Hi Satvik! Nice to meet you! BTCIndia here. I guess, you have idea about size of India. Wink
I dont know if you are teasing haha. Most of my posts since 3 days has GBC in it. Dashingriddler is the name i am known on a virtual world called secondlife since 4 years. I used that username to create gmail account to keep bitcoin emails separate and used it here as well. Did not guess i could end up this way with bitcoin else i could have used my real name which i like.

Nice to meet you as well. Remember we called conf as Global and you are still just India. jk! haha

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:43:42 AM

Sathvik Vishwanath? The one who organized GBC? Really? I can't believe, you're here in forum between us. I was looking for you everywhere and here you're around me with alias "Dashingriddler". How fool of me.  Cheesy

I dont know if you are teasing haha. Most of my posts since 3 days has GBC in it. Dashingriddler is the name i am known on a virtual world called secondlife since 4 years. I used that username to create gmail account to keep bitcoin emails separate and used it here as well. Did not guess i could end up this way with bitcoin else i could have used my real name which i like.

Nice to meet you as well. Remember we called conf as Global and you are still just India. jk! haha

I was teasing indeed. Forgive me! If I offended you. I just speak.  Yeah! I noticed GBC in your post but wasn't sure about your connection with it. And I've never played SecondLife..or GTA. Well, I like to deceived people on national level before going global.

dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:53:16 AM

Yeah - India is just a bit hard to deal with though.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:56:04 AM

Yeah - India is just a bit hard to deal with though.

You've to look beyond words when dealing with India. Words are shallow and deceiving. Enough said!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: