Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:38:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulip industry now worth over $1 billion dollars per annum  (Read 2219 times)
dancupid (OP)

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 04:05:58 PM

Trade your tulips carefully (avoid any mania where possible).

disclaimer - I currently hold no tulips and do not expect to buy any in the next 2 weeks.

(ops: this is not 'off topic', it's satire)

(I have no actual current reference just a guess based on this from 2006 http://www.sciencedaily.com/videos/2006/0610-tulips_tulips_tulips.htm - if anyone has something more current id be interested to see it)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Surawit

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 04:08:26 PM

VERY MISLEADING.

You can use tulips to get a girlfriend. Nobody is wooing anyone with bitcoins.
dancupid (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 04:10:43 PM

VERY MISLEADING.

My wife makes me sleep on the sofa when I talk about bitcoins
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 04:27:32 PM

VERY MISLEADING.

I'm sure there is some amount you could have that would fix this problem.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
dancupid (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 04:30:06 PM

VERY MISLEADING.

I bought at $14, hence I sleep on the sofa
Surawit

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 04:30:25 PM

The moons were just rising in the Summer sky, Clotho almost full, Atropos gibbous, Lachesis still below the horizon, the evening light blueing the sunset red and gold. When Jack Palin took him aside, Toby wondered for a moment what it was about, until Jack took the print of an email from his pocket and showed it to him. Ah - Bitcoin Conference 2012!

"Toby, what do you know about this?"

"Bitcoin" said Toby. Jack nodded, mute. "Dave told me about it when he came home last year. What he said, it's some sort of peer-to-peer cryptocurrency"

Jack's face was a picture. "You're not joshing me?"

Toby shook his head. "Nope. It's the real thing, apparently."

"Did you get an invitation to this conference thing?"

Toby nodded, and grinned at his friend. "Yep, sure did."

"You going?"

"I am. Look, Jack, you're a normal, red-blooded, male, right?" Jack nodded. "Bitcoin offers you the guarantee of meeting a guy every week, and the knowledge that the meeting is so that you both can get laid. What's not to like?"

Jack grinned. "When you put it like that, nothing. I'm not ready for commitment, anyway, but I surely do like the idea of getting laid."

"Come on, we only have ten more minutes until class. We'll go to the conference together, okay?"

Toby looked around, wondering if he was doing the right thing, or a little out of his mind. From the looks on some of the faces, others were wondering the same thing. At the front of the room, Bruce Wagner stood up, waiting a moment for the hubbub of conversation to die. He looked around at the expectant faces, and grinned.

"Welcome to Pattaya. More particularly, welcome to BitCon 2012," he said, "perhaps better known to a lot of us as The Sex Society." He waited a moment to let the cheer die away. "I'd just like to remind you of what it's all about. About ten months ago, two bitcoin supporters were discussing sex on IRC. As we all know, sex is the forbidden fruit for bitcoin proponents. Cryptocurrency projects comes a poor second to their repressed, unsatisfied carnal lusts. Yeah, right. Calm down. Anyway, they were discussing sex. Our founder had remarked to his friend, in bed, just after they'd been enjoying each other, asking why couldn't things be simplified? Why couldn't everyone on the blockchain just admit they were just as horny as everyone else?"

"It took a few more conversations before they came up with the idea of random pairing. Peer A is linked with peer J, peer C with peer A, and so on, for a night of sex. No strings, no recriminations, just two guys having fun with each others bodies. Next week, a different partner. Whether any of the couples got together at other times was up to them, but on a Friday night, with no conference bookings on a Saturday, the men would link up with that days allocation, and both of them would know that the other expected sex."

Please send 1 BTC to the address below and I will continue to write Bitcoin slash fiction. Or alternatively send me 2 BTC, and I will cease to write Bitcoin slash fiction.
WiseOldOwl

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 04:35:22 PM

VERY MISLEADING.

I bought at $14, hence I sleep on the sofa

LOL
Revalin

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 08:55:27 PM

Please send 1 BTC to the address below and I will continue to write Bitcoin slash fiction. Or alternatively send me 2 BTC, and I will cease to write Bitcoin slash fiction.

How much to undo what you just did to my brain?

More importantly, what's the current ask for BJ/BTC?

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.  --Ambrose Bierce
Bitcoin is the Devil's way of teaching geeks economics.  --Revalin 165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: