Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 10:21:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should you dump or not dump after ICO ends?  (Read 490 times)
ArkiCrypto

Activity: 238
Merit: 33

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:19:36 AM

To dump or not to dump? And your answer is yes.  Huh Anyways if you're going to ask me about my strategy we do have the same strategy but I based it on the project itself if i'm going to dump it or hold it, in my experience as an investor there are times that the ICO or tokens price is increasing.

I think the reason why most of the tokens are being dump after ICO is because of the bounty participants who sell their token at the time when they received it because they're afraid that their reward will dump if they hold it.
Makka

Activity: 594
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:34:52 AM

Whatever you do people always dump the coin after ICO and initial release on exchange. So you can't do anything.

Not all the time. How many ICO did you invested? How many ICO you followed? Because I also know many ICO that actually went shooting up when it entered in exchanges. Many of them are even still more expensive than their ICO prices despite the current market trend.
AIRDROPSQUAD

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

PLAYHALL - SKILL GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:36:35 AM

This is a broad and interesting topic in which people's choices are divided.

But what really is the correct choice?

For me , the answer is YES . There are a lot of tokens out there that dumps hard after the first exchange because most people are scared that the price would go down after. A lot of tokens also disappear ICO which results from whale investors to quickly dump it after ICO and observe the trend of the token and the activities of its developers. If you are a plankton like me, the best thing you should do in my opinion is to dump after ICO and buy at the dip and sell later at a higher price, most tokens have this kind of trend after ICO.

Let us also hear about your thoughts. To dump or not to dump after ICO ends?

It depends on many factors. If the price already dumped, it's hard for me to sell it. I usually wait for the next wave.
Patience is key, except you not really trust the future of the project.

xetofficial
Copper Member

Activity: 164
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:39:37 AM

Not really depends on the potential of the Coin/Token, as if it has real potential to get increased in future I would hold it or half of it for insurance.
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:51:04 AM

it depends on you. before investing you already know if the coins have potential or now. there are coins price that go below ICO price amd there are coins that are above ICO price after it finish. if you know what is good for you go for it.
CutePanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:56:18 AM

Depends, if your intention from the beginning just to get an instant profit why not.. You can dump ur coin after ICO end, but the reality now is very different, I am sure you will not sell your tokens because when entering the market, most coin prices will go down.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
culberth

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:13:34 AM

Not all ICO but mostly many ICO have the same issue like that. Many people are afraid that the price will falling so they sell their coin after ICO end and of course it will make the price falling drastically and finally became garbage token/coin.
DmitriySar

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:24:54 AM

For each coin you need a separate solution, you need to act on the circumstances. If the project has potential, and you can sell it more expensive than you bought on the ICO, and then buy again cheaper, then this is a very good option for you.
NewBet

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:29:39 AM

It depends on the coin, if the coins gets listed on exchanges and the prices drop down then you should not be dumping coins, you would have to hold for the prices to go up before you can sell the coins that you got for a profit. Although if the prices are up when they hit the exchanges then you should dump the coins because the prices will definitely drop
fathur01

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:36:25 AM

Recently, I see that more and more people who have invested in ICO projects are concerned about this issue and this is not just so. Now a lot of projects after entering the stock exchange fall in price, several times. But if the project really was good it doesn't happen. In any case, I think that it is worth storing tokens for a long time so that they really acquire a good value.
vetrovppp

Activity: 308
Merit: 107

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:42:12 AM

For me , the answer is YES . There are a lot of tokens out there that dumps hard after the first exchange because most people are scared that the price would go down after. A lot of tokens also disappear ICO which results from whale investors to quickly dump it after ICO and observe the trend of the token and the activities of its developers. If you are a plankton like me, the best thing you should do in my opinion is to dump after ICO and buy at the dip and sell later at a higher price, most tokens have this kind of trend after ICO.

I think everything depends on the price, if the price of the coin is high enough and I like it, then I can sell this coin. But if the price after the end of the ICO is low, then I will keep that coin until it grows in price.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]               Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program               [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●     TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
hanaremay

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:38:49 AM

The cause of the dump price is too much airdrop or bounty given to the buyer during the sale of the token. if there is a bounty gift regulation in lock for 30 days it is likely the price will be good and dev party should actively seek new market.
grifinmch

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:49:28 AM

it in of course depends on the ICO does have a good cooperation and team as well as strong or not. If it has a good structure so as to be able to be great and it's a shame when disposed of. Indeed it is sometimes worth will go down after the ICO is completed. but the wait can usually produce more.
iBlitz22

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:01:26 AM

Actually it is really hard to know what would be the best choice in here, specially if you know that the ICO will have a potential in the near future. But for me, what I did, I'll hold for it not too long and see if the price would be worthy or not. Patience is really a virtue when it comes to hodlng.
Just John

Activity: 294
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:11:07 AM
Merited by Considered (6)

You should dump if you do not believe that the project will last a long time because if a project ends up failing and you still have the coins, then you are just holding a bunch of useless coins in your hands. But if you believe that the project will do well in the long run then you should hold the coins for the meantime

☁ CRYPTO MARKET CLOUD ☁
【THE FIRST AND ONLY SELF CONTAINED ECO-SYSTEM】 (https://cryptomarketcloud.com/)
AIRDROPSQUAD

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

PLAYHALL - SKILL GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:40:34 AM

Not really depends on the potential of the Coin/Token, as if it has real potential to get increased in future I would hold it or half of it for insurance.

Yes, I know it, but sometimes its very difficult to predict the future of new tokens.
Most of the new token only survive for 6-8 months (Based on my experience). So, if you are not and big investors, play smartly with your ICO rewards.

joelsamuya

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

https://emirex.com

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:47:27 AM

Its a common strategy adapted by many traders and investors all over the crypto space., for me YES, if i am an investor., my purpose of investing is to earn profits not earning losses.,but if the project is like CREDITS token, then i would HOLD for some time, nevermind about the market prices, because i believe in the certain project.

Its hard to accept that fact, but reality shows the market status. I mean, lets be realistic, people nowadays are thinking about money and the businesses or coins they hold. Cryptocurrency is a volatile investment., whatever we think on it. It is what it is.

Have a great day..
deevan

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:35:06 AM

It does not happen to every ICO, yes some ICO tokens are worthless they should be dumped but some ICO tokens are even great, look at Docademic (MTC) token, the price surged up to approx. 0.4$ in less than 2 months after their ICO concluded but the current price is ~0.25$, whereas the pre-ICO price was 0.04$. You may analyze the chart on coinmarketcap.
So as a conclusion it depends on ICO tokens you are holding if you think that team will work on the project not just claiming to enhance like a dumb so you should hold them else dump the tokens to avoid losses but it needs thorough research to take a decision.
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:40:30 AM

This is why almost every successful out there pays its participants in the form of BTC in order to avoid that dump. Every campaign that we see in Bitcoin - Services section tends to follow that approach and that is why their success rate is comparatively more than the campaign which pay us in tokens.
A lot also boils down on the team. If they have put no cap on the number of participants, then obviously the token distribution will result in huge dump since most of the people prefer to dump their coins than to hold it.
Storeplex

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:39:44 PM

If you're dumping at a price which leaves you in profit still then that's great, although you normally tend to see the price of ICO coins fall below their ICO price not long after completion and first listing so Id say it's probably best to hold them until there's announcements and progression as the price will be higher, then you can dump. Dumping right after the ICO has ended more often than not will not see you make much profit, in my opinion.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: