Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 10:22:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you check a project's GitHub while doing ICO analysis?  (Read 202 times)
BitNaija

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 06:18:53 AM

GitHub is a technical site. I have not known GitHub to be a good check site for ICO. Now that I know, I will study that site to understand how it works. This is good information.

guizi6

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 06:31:57 AM

I want to say that I really want to see their source code, but I'm not a technical person, I don't know where to look for source code, and even if I know it, I can't read it, even if I understand what this means? ? Is the project good?
Ociwiw

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 06:34:22 AM

Although I do not understand the Github language, but nevertheless I consider this to be important, so I always check the availability of Github!
AmericanBit

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 06:42:38 AM

I check ICOs at www.icoguide.com before making decisions, and I can suggest to look at this platform as the rates are very real.
visionary

Activity: 966
Merit: 587

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 06:59:08 AM

Yes, it is quite important but it's not the main part of my analysis. White paper, hard/soft cap, team, and advisors are more important imo.
Eddieboy

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:22:39 AM

Github is a collaboration tool used mostly by programmers, but other types of people use it too. Github allows people to share files, change files in a group setting, manage changes to files so that they don’t affect other files, and keep track of changes to files over time. Github also provides a web-based interface that makes it easy to browse files and other parts of a project. The beauty of Github is that anyone can access it – you don’t even have to sign up.😎

Github is a GREAT PLACE for researching ICOs because all information is available to the public, so you’ll always have access to the latest about an ICO.👍👍👍

AlisaWhishie (OP)

Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 01:22:29 AM

I want to say that I really want to see their source code, but I'm not a technical person, I don't know where to look for source code, and even if I know it, I can't read it, even if I understand what this means? ? Is the project good?

Honestly, I'm not a technical person either, but I find it very important to take a look at how the project spends money that it raises. And this thought I have got from one of the cryptobloggers on Youtube, IvanOnTech, I think he's pretty popular whithin the community. So he has several videos about how exactly to check project's GitHub and what to look at if you are not good at codes and all of this technical stuff. Here is the video with all these basic things: https://youtu.be/g9QBn1V-8ZA

ifanxu

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 01:26:14 AM

No, I usually do not check them because I do not understand the code, I often use ICO ratings and Google search information to determine whether an ICO is reliable.
AlisaWhishie (OP)

Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 06:12:27 PM

No, I usually do not check them because I do not understand the code, I often use ICO ratings and Google search information to determine whether an ICO is reliable.

I also used to do the same, but from my experience ICO raitings are not something reliable and I wouldn't use them to decide where to invest my money actually, I'm not a lot into all of these concpiracy theories about all raitings being paid where each point of raiting costs some certain amount of dollars, but personally I've seen pretty enough projects with good raitings even from ICObench which turned out to be scam.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: