Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:35:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Have I lost my EOS?  (Read 86 times)
YouWereNewOnceToo (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 08:31:52 PM

I am so in need of help. I fully admit I'm technically not as up to speed as most of you on here, and I'm still pretty new to this scene but I'm having loads of trouble getting my MEW address registered for the snapshot and I just don't know what to do next.

I sent  my EOS to MEW from Kraken where I had bought it. I followed all the instructions on the EOS website, verified that 'Amount' was set to 0, hit 'Generate Transaction' and lo and behold, it tells me I don't have enough gas to fund the registration.

Now I'm all confused about this whole gas thing, I'm trying to learn about it but it honestly is going over my head.

So I send about 50 bucks worth of ETH to MEW, hoping to push this transaction through. Follow all the steps again, and when I hit 'Generate Transaction' it tells me I need to set a gas limit of at least 90 000. So ok, I type in 90 000 and send it through.
Now I'm seeing that my transaction is 'out of gas'. Obviously I didn't lose all 50 bucks on this but I did lose some money in the transaction - is that gone forever or is it just because there are so many pending transactions on the EOS address that I sent my info to?

I'm so worried now I'm going to lose my EOS, just because I tried to do the 'right' thing and send it to MEW.  Even though Kraken claims it will take care of all the technical details for the holders, and I was tempted to just leave it in the exchange since I know I've got so much to learn when it comes to the technicalities of crypto. I should have just left my EOS on Kraken, huh.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 08:58:56 PM

What I am understanding is  - you sent EOS to your MEW from Kraken. You thought you do not have enough gas in your MEW so you sent 50$ worth of ETH to your MEW. Is that correct?

So I send about 50 bucks worth of ETH to MEW,
Why do you need ETH is your MEW. What I understand is you are trying to withdraw your EOS to your My Ether Wallet. Right?
The receiver wallet do not need any ETH to cover the gas cost.

Now I'm all confused about this whole gas thing, I'm trying to learn about it but it honestly is going over my head.
To understand gas ans stuff. consider exploring this: https://ethgasstation.info/index.php

PS: May be you are too much excited. Wait until all these pending transactions drops then try again. Try after few hours.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:13:57 PM

If it's out of gas you'll just get it back, however, where is it saying out of gas?
If you check on www.etherscan.io, paste in your public adress and you should see each transaction, if it's pending or if has gone through or cancelled.
Again, you can't lose your EOS unless you send it to the wrong adress and it goes through.
You can enter more than 90 000 if it doesn't go through.

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: