Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:38:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Help!! Computer Failure (linked to geist geld??)  (Read 1781 times)
mjcmurfy

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2011, 04:25:19 AM

At this point, I'd just take it to an expert to have a look at it. You seem to have done a lot already to no avail. If you need it back up and running soon for college purposes and whatnot, just pay someone who knows what they are doing to fix it.

Can you not return it to the manufacturer for repair? Or have you voided your warranty by all that tinkering around?

Oh yeah, and btw, I mentioned it already but something similar happened to an old machine i was using to mine. Crapped out, wouldn't boot from HDD or CD, so a friend of mine who is an electronic engineer looked at it and said that the BIOS battery had been fried. He replaced it and everything was working fine again. Maybe not relevant to you, but just thought I'd pop it in since you are running out of ideas.

http://www.bitcointorrentz.com/images/bct_button_117_30.png - BitCoinTorrentz.com: High-speed HTTP torrent downloads. 0.05 btc/gb. Up to 50% discount with free membership!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ohforf

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

we are legion

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 05:55:45 AM

A dead Battery should lead to "BIOS Checksum Error" and wrong Time/Date.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀██████ EAT SLEEP DECENTRALIZE ██████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: