Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:50:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: T9+ runs perfectly on custom configuration but gets "stuck" when setting up pool  (Read 148 times)
Tour (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:04:05 PM

Hey guys, im new here and kind of new mining with asics. recently i bought a t9+ that was working perfectly, i did the configuration the day it arrived and everything went fine, i let it run for about 1 hour and then turned it off so i could do some accomodations to the room where it was going to be.
The next day i plugged it in and it wasnt working properly. At first it had the green flashing light, then it gets continous green light and finally it reboots. It does this cycle over and over again.
I can connect to the ip of the miner and nothing shows up in "miner status" and both the "hardware version" and the "BMminer version" appear blank.
I've done every kind of reset, pressed the reset button, did the reset holding the ip button. when i do these, the miner works fine in custom configuration, but when i enter the pool info it gets in the "cycle" mentioned above.
I also disconnected the psu and reconnected it, i upgraded the firmware to the latest one in the bitmain website and the problem still persists.

I have other 2 miners, and they work perfectly. they are connected to the pool without any problems. this was supposed to be miner "3" and it isnt working. I tried making a new account in the pool (guessing it was related to it) and also changed to another pool. nothing worked.

I cant find anything online about this, and its pretty weird. I'm not sure if it is hardware related since it works perfectly on custom settings and i was able to set it up at first without any problems, im guessing its something from the configuration. but again, im pretty new into this so i dont know...

I can provide pics of the kernel log which appears to be fine. and also pics of the miner status (which are blank).

Thanks for your help guys!

Tour.

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tim-bc

Activity: 538
Merit: 175

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:35:56 PM

when i do these, the miner works fine in custom configuration, but when i enter the pool info it gets in the "cycle" mentioned above.

What do you mean by "custom configuration" here? Are you sure that changing the pool is causing your issue?

It sounds like a power issue to me. Try with a different PSU first to see if that changes anything. Also are you on 220V?

Ignore scammers on Skype, Telegram, etc. I will only ever contact you via forum PMs. See profile for fingerprint.
Tour (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:46:56 PM

By custom configuration is the configuration that the miner has by default. the one that has "solo.antpool.com:3333" as pool.
It works fine there, get its 10th/s and has green blinking light. when i set up any pool then it gets the problem.

I am bringing the miner to another place see if its power related or maybe the psu.
banman24

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 07:54:23 PM

More info would be helpful for troubleshooting.

What pool are you trying to point it to?

Is the machine Cold when you start it up? the auto tune machines need to be somewhat warm during startup, if its in a cold room sitting off for a while when you go to turn it back on it may not boot up properly, has to do with opening the circuits on the boards I think.

Whats your network configuration like? dhcp, static addresses?

Are you sure you are not missing anything from the pool config tab? If you are not using the failover pool slots its best to wipe all of the info out of those lines. I suggest setting up accounts on other pools and putting them into the slots in case your main pool does go down.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 08:12:19 PM

It looks like a control board is damaged or the cable is not fix properly, try to replace the cable then check it again.
Also, do a hard reset 3 times sometimes could fix the issue after upgrading it to new firmware.

And I think it's better if you put the kernel log here or copy paste it in pastebin so that we can find the problem of your miner.

You can follow the troubleshooting guide here
https://support.bitmain.com/hc/en-us/articles/220872007-Possible-problems-for-Antminer-Troubleshooting-for-S7-S9-L3-

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2535

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 08:29:36 PM

And when you post the log(s) here, be sure to use the code icon # up top to paste the code into a scrollable window vs it being a wall of text.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Tour (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:37:04 PM

Hello guys, sorry i didnt post before. i fixed the issue by taking the asic to another place. for some reason it wasnt working in the power outlet where i was connecting it, it had 220v and everything.

thanks for your help!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: