Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:28:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S9 HW faults & DiffA# %  (Read 212 times)
htautosjay (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:18:32 PM

Can you please assist with this dilemma i am having 
I have a few S9's running, I had them on Slushpool and had very few HW faults, and the Diffa% was always 0.0000%,
I have switched to BTC.COM as my HW faults within a week have been exceeding  1000 Hw or chain 6 within 24 hours and the Diffa% is rising up to 0.0008% on a few miners..
I operate 3 internet connection so the miners are on a stand alone connection, everything is fine with Temps/power ect, but still this rise in HW faults and Diffa%.
The only thing that i had left to test is my Broardband connection and today BT confirmed that the line has a fault..
Can that line fault on the Broardband cause the HW faults and % increase?..
Thank You kindly

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FatnSlo

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:01:41 PM

I have 52 S9's mining. 44 of them are at a cohost in Oregon. 8 of them are in my basement in Colorado. They all had 0% HW faults with some at .0001%. They all mine on Slushpool.

Then one day they all suddenly had HW faults of .0005% or higher. A chain on each S9 suddenly had thousands of HW faults. This all happened at the same time on all of my S9's

Since my units in Oregon and Colorado are on completely different power grids and internet the only thing they have in common is the pool.

So I do think the pools can effect HW faults.

This is just my opinion.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:08:34 PM

Those numbers are really low and totally acceptable for an S9. You have nothing to worry about, i have machines with 60 day uptimes and hundreds of thousands of hw errors, they are a natural part of the process.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
htautosjay (OP)

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:37:16 PM

I have 52 S9's mining. 44 of them are at a cohost in Oregon. 8 of them are in my basement in Colorado. They all had 0% HW faults with some at .0001%. They all mine on Slushpool.

Then one day they all suddenly had HW faults of .0005% or higher. A chain on each S9 suddenly had thousands of HW faults. This all happened at the same time on all of my S9's

Since my units in Oregon and Colorado are on completely different power grids and internet the only thing they have in common is the pool.

So I do think the pools can effect HW faults.

This is just my opinion.

I think you are right, mine went up all at the same time on Slush. I moved from BTC.COM because of the same thing 3 months ago, now i got it with Slush and im back at BTC.COM.
Cheers
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: