Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:20:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin can fix the healthcare system, and stabilize at the same time.  (Read 1455 times)
Xzis (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:12:42 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2014, 07:24:05 PM by Xzis

I work in IT, mostly in the healthcare industry.  It occurred to me that many of the principles of bitcoin itself fit naturally into healthcare.  Instead of mapping NPI and tax ID's everyday, and trying to figure out what happened to the EDI and estimation of benefits, insurance lags, government control, and who can get what, and where etc... bitcoin is an elegant solution.  This afternoon I registered a website and came up with a very brief case and proposal.  I know for a fact that many people are very tired of what is happening especially in healthcare.  Bitcoin, in this respect, has a real opportunity to change everything for the better.  Please read what I have come up with, and if you like it please visit www.bitcarehealthnetwork.org and donate to this cause.  Please download my brief PDF file here: http://www.bitcarehealthnetwork.org/Downloads/How%20to%20Save%20Healthcare%20with%20bitcoins.pdf
Feel free to share this idea.  If it is to work the word must spread, and money injected into it.  Thanks for having a forum where we all can discuss these issues.  Wink
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xzis (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:17:50 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 04:23:47 PM by Xzis

I am receiving questions regarding the long term goals. The long term goal is to use bitcoin to make healthcare self sufficient and free to the world.  I am currently working on a paper that will explain the structure.  Basically, to start, everyone who joins the bit care health network will receive miners. Those miners send the bitcoins back to the health network becoming the biggest mining operation in the world.  Because it will be a huge amount, Bitcoin itself will be the pool, and monitor the blockchain for fairness (individuals will also have this ability).  The bitcoin itself will be invested (either into real currency, or stay digital) into multiple industries around the world in order to sustain the system regardless of if bitcoins can be mined or not (necessary consumption goods), such is the case that will happen in the year 2146.  Eventually the products you buy such as salt or cars, because of investments will return portions of that to the bit care health network.  This will centralize insurance, and eventually become a system facilitated by bitcoin (cryptocurrency) with healthcare paid for by consumption only.  Then, everyone around the world can visit any doctor in the world that is a member of the bitcare network for free.  All they will have to do is continue to buy the same things they always buy, but their healthcare will actually own portions of that.  The bitcoin is an excellent way to initiate this exchange.  This system will remove governmental controls/nationalized healthcare, and base it on free enterprise.  I hope I explained that well enough.  It will take me a little while to finish the paper itself.  This is just the starting basics. New flow chart added to help explain: http://www.bitcarehealthnetwork.org/Downloads/How%20to%20Save%20Healthcare%20with%20bitcoins.pdf 
(This structure is subject to change depending on what we can actually accomplish little by little. All thoughts are welcome!)  Please go to www.bitcarehealthnetwork.org to check on current updates.  In the short term until enough bit industries are constructed patients will be charged using bitcoins.  The prices of the providers and locations of providers will be listed on the website.  What I would like to see is a small scale experiment.  I want to build a bread factory(bitbread) in Providence, and sell that bread in as many places as possible (nationwide preferred).  Depending on the outcome I want to pay for all of Rhode Islands healthcare, or seriously reduce its cost for Rhode Island residents only.  Rhode Island is a good test since it is the smallest state.  If it works we can open more bit industries, lower healthcare costs, and expand outward from there.  I'd love to here any input, maybe we can spur on state competition to fix healthcare in the US?  Cheesy
Xzis (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:41:29 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 04:24:09 PM by Xzis

A new flow chart has been added to help explain: http://www.bitcarehealthnetwork.org/Downloads/How%20to%20Save%20Healthcare%20with%20bitcoins.pdf
(This structure is subject to change depending on what we can actually accomplish little by little. All thoughts are welcome!)  Please go to www.bitcarehealthnetwork.org to check on current updates.  In the short term until enough bit industries are constructed patients will be charged using bitcoins.  The prices of the providers and locations of providers will be listed on the website.  What I would like to see is a small scale experiment.  I want to build a bread factory(bitbread) in Providence, and sell that bread in as many places as possible (nationwide preferred).  Depending on the outcome I want to pay for all of Rhode Islands healthcare, or seriously reduce its cost for Rhode Island residents only.  Rhode Island is a good test since it is the smallest state.  If it works we can open more bit industries, lower healthcare costs, and expand outward from there.  I'd love to here any input, maybe we can spur on state competition to fix healthcare in the US?  Grin
bmulcahy

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:28:19 PM

I love this idea.  The potential of Bitcoin for combating corruption and waste is, to me, one of its most exciting features.  There is a huge amount of waste and corruption in healthcare.
Xzis (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 11:05:49 PM

First draft is up and running along with a complete structure description!  Please download, read, and comment.  Also, email me any questions you have!  I will answer them, and make the proposal better in the processes.  It would be great to get this going, and it is about time it happens. Go here to see the completed first draft: http://www.bitcarehealthnetwork.org/Downloads/How%20to%20Save%20Healthcare.pdf  Grin
Xzis (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:03:03 PM

Facebook site is up: https://www.facebook.com/bitcarehealthnetwork
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: