Bitcoin Forum
September 23, 2018, 05:25:35 PM *
News: ♦♦ New info! Bitcoin Core users absolutely must upgrade to previously-announced 0.16.3 [Torrent]. All Bitcoin users should temporarily trust confirmations slightly less. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin mining farm in Lithuania  (Read 1385 times)
Erik O

Activity: 41
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 09:58:47 AM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

We are based in the capital of the Lithuania - Vilnius and we aim to build the biggest mining farm in North Europe. Our journey started in November 2017.

At the moment, we are running 160 Antminer S9 which generates 2100 TH/s. Our farm is placed in the container with a state of the air cooling system we proudly engineered ourselves. We calculated that coolers working in full force, with wings added, will make the container fly.  Grin

In the future, we plan to connect ten containers with 220 antminer s9 miners each.

Some pictures:

Our miners

We are meticulous to the point of OCD Smiley

Our container

And video presentation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7g76SB1ikQ

Electricity: 0.1 Eur/KWH
Temperature: -10 to +25 ( https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=hAMRW9mSG8L76ASf06TgCw&q=vilnius+average+temperature&oq=vilnius+average+temperature&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0j0i22i30k1l9.838.838.0.1818.1.1.0.0.0.0.146.146.0j1.1.0....0...1c.2.64.psy-ab..0.1.144....0.LBgg7HgxuTI  )

challenges:
Finding more cost-effective and reliable electricity source
Maintenance of failing fuses

Feel free to ask any questions  Smiley

Cloud mining service  www.minehive.eu | 24 mo. contract | Join telegram channel : https://t.me/minehive | 1TH/s ONLY $70
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCW
Copper Member

Activity: 68
Merit: 3

Click "+Merit" top-right corner

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 03:13:19 PM

The usual question: Are you (planning on) selling mining contracts?

If yes, then please explain why. If you can mine yourself, why sell capacity? The good old cloud mining paradox...

If no, cool! (Pun intended.)

BTC Waves
Send bribes to: BTC 35MYV7tBjWqppXjsBwR9M8721wLgoiSGAP | LTC LNg2nDZjdF1cuWttURipLMJ6hq6JPKNFFY | ETH 0x340dfb4ff3d08d6a1ad77eda478ca679808a71fd | Waves 3PDmkjXPY2H9xxqyDP4vXeQYUi2VPbusPe7
windhunters

Activity: 38
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:14:53 PM
Merited by mindrust (2)

I wouldn't say that 0.10 EUR / kWh is a good price for electricity. You should look for a better place.

When we were looking for a location for mining farm in Ukraine I've found a place with 0.03 EUR / kWh but this was only for cash and it was not official. Normal price was 0.05 EUR / kWh.
Erik O

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 09:29:58 AM

The usual question: Are you (planning on) selling mining contracts?

If yes, then please explain why. If you can mine yourself, why sell capacity? The good old cloud mining paradox...

If no, cool! (Pun intended.)

Yes, we are selling contracts. Main idea of selling - buy more equipment for mining. There is no paradox, contract time limited - equipment no Smiley

I wouldn't say that 0.10 EUR / kWh is a good price for electricity. You should look for a better place.

When we were looking for a location for mining farm in Ukraine I've found a place with 0.03 EUR / kWh but this was only for cash and it was not official. Normal price was 0.05 EUR / kWh.

yes, 0.1 eur is a lot, but we search suppliers with more cheapest cost and they must be official Smiley

Cloud mining service  www.minehive.eu | 24 mo. contract | Join telegram channel : https://t.me/minehive | 1TH/s ONLY $70
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 03:28:03 PM

Yes, we are selling contracts. Main idea of selling - buy more equipment for mining. There is no paradox, contract time limited - equipment no Smiley

yes, 0.1 eur is a lot, but we search suppliers with more cheapest cost and they must be official Smiley

If you think that the life of the miner is not limited, You are on a very wrong road and finish with disappointment.

I had 7 already burnt down S9 miners (21 hashblades) , and I have a relatively small number of S9 miners.
Everyone who is not working, is over a year old. Also I've replaced a dozen S9  fans with broken blades.

Several  better miner models will also be available in  this year.
So I wish you and your customers much happiness   getting together old with  S9 miners.

In the future, we plan to connect ten containers with 220 antminer s9 miners each.

It is only 4400 euro profit per day.
I have had a period where I earned with a much smaller farm 40000-50000 euro per month.
S9 is not the best money printing machine today.

Erik O

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 07:34:00 PM

If you think that the life of the miner is not limited, You are on a very wrong road and finish with disappointment.

[...]

I hope, that miners will live some more than 2 years.
Maybe you could advise some better alternative to S9?

Tupsu
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:02:54 PM

Of course. Everybody sees Bitmain trying desperately to sell old models.

Keep money and wait for Bitmain's new model Antminer S11  May come in September or October. It all depends on the competitors miners. But Bitmain is ready to sell immediately and with a weekly waiting period.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1095

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:19:12 PM
Merited by frodocooper (1)

Interesting how no one seems to have heard about Canaan's Avalons.... canaan.io
Available through a world-wide network of Authorized distributors (means you get the full 2-year factory warranty though unlike the s9's,  they RARELY break) plus they can be throttled down for better efficiency when needed.

For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself - Joshua Zipkin aka Joshua Alexander leaked AMT A1 miner skype chats
How a miner mfgr SHOULD operate: HaggsFIN trip to Canaan My info useful? Donations welcome! 1Fuzzyk398kDWVjuC5qPX5v6CjSkvbgAbd
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Tupsu
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:53:20 PM

Available through a world-wide network of Authorized distributors (means you get the full 2-year factory warranty though unlike the s9's,  they RARELY break) plus they can be throttled down for better efficiency when needed.

I do not advertise him because he does not accept crypto payments.
And they can receive money only from the company's account. So this company is not for" average Joe".

And this 2 year resellers warranty applies only to a private person purchases in the European Union.

Our principle customers are Mining farms.
https://canaan.io/order-process/

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1095

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:59:31 PM

And they can receive money only from the company's account. So this company is not for" average Joe".

Their distributors DO accept crypto along with handling 1-10 (or more) miner sales to both companies and private individuals. For one, Blokforge in the US can also assist in handling pallet-sized orders of 60 or more. We in the US do have the 2-year warranty as well when I buy through Blokforge. In the EU I assume cryptouniverse does the same for companies. I do know that as a business you get the already paid 20% VAT taken off the price.

For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself - Joshua Zipkin aka Joshua Alexander leaked AMT A1 miner skype chats
How a miner mfgr SHOULD operate: HaggsFIN trip to Canaan My info useful? Donations welcome! 1Fuzzyk398kDWVjuC5qPX5v6CjSkvbgAbd
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Erik O

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 06:47:45 AM

Thanks, will check canaan.io miners

I'm also keen to know if this farm is private or you plan to add space for interested parties to host their mining machines there?

We can rent space and miners to all interested. You can contact me directly via email erik@minehive.eu

dutchlincoln

Activity: 210
Merit: 25

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:21:46 AM

From a techie point, this is really eyecandy to me!
I loooove to see how you nicely route cables and wiring, and how the miners are stacked and placed.

Although my small mini home farm is in no way comparable, i have learned that truly isolating input and output air is key.
When you design your next container, make really sure you place a wall with little squares cut out where the miners are placed, forcing the fresh air thru them. It really cools them down more, with extended lifetime as a result. (and higher efficiency as well..)

Very nice setup.
Very nice  Smiley

in all respect; they are more expensive. Maybe in the long run they are better in terms of reliability, but also have to take into account that hashrate and efficiency is going up as well... Nice to have a miner that lastst 5 years, but it will be obsolete way before that point, thus making buying a cheaper miner with less lifetime prediction more sense..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.