Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:19:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]DEFT First crypto utilizing the balloon hash, new memory hard algo  (Read 35934 times)
Nina-coin

Activity: 266
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 06:09:49 PM

Thought I'd throw the miner on an old laptop to see what it gets. 0.15 KH/s on an i5-6200U, Perhaps I've missed some configuration setting or something. Very cool project regardless of my crap spare CPU though.  Grin

About $ 3 a month. I don't even know what this money will be enough for. Despite some increased interest in CPU mining, it is now possible to say that the time of mining on the CPU is over. And for this coin, and for all others. Very soon, the same can be said about the GPU. I'm not very good at algorithms, what's the advantage of Balioon over Yescrypt R16?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
annapotpot

Activity: 330
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 06:27:53 PM

Difficulty has doubled in just a day after the GPU miner has been released.
Nemofin

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:15:00 PM

Thought I'd throw the miner on an old laptop to see what it gets. 0.15 KH/s on an i5-6200U, Perhaps I've missed some configuration setting or something. Very cool project regardless of my crap spare CPU though.  Grin

About $ 3 a month. I don't even know what this money will be enough for. Despite some increased interest in CPU mining, it is now possible to say that the time of mining on the CPU is over. And for this coin, and for all others. Very soon, the same can be said about the GPU. I'm not very good at algorithms, what's the advantage of Balioon over Yescrypt R16?

Yeah I hear what you're saying, the machine is just sat there though and the electric is free. Feels like a waste to just leave it get dusty.  Though I will say, I thought that when I tried to mine bitcoin with an old 6600GT many moons ago. I wish id let that burn it's self out mining what was a miniscule amount at the time.  Undecided
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:45:36 AM

Difficulty has gone up 10 fold in about a day or two, does anyone know if the gpu miner is being sold by someone or if there's a github where I download it from?
brianmct

Activity: 26
Merit: 51

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 05:35:28 AM

Difficulty has gone up 10 fold in about a day or two, does anyone know if the gpu miner is being sold by someone or if there's a github where I download it from?

Bel is working on a beta GPU miner in the Discord server (check pins in #mining). It's still a bit buggy, but ask in the channel and we'll help you set it up.

- brianmct
big_daddy

Activity: 1652
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 02:34:19 PM

Is there any amd miner in development? I am interested to beta testing if sone dev wants

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
visax

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:15:24 PM

Reserved for indonesian translate.
tradingdisaster

Activity: 307
Merit: 100

0xb58D6E68944e195420843fA98c4A3481a5914282

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:19:47 PM

Reserved for indonesian translate.
There are no bounties for translations.
luckyman0160

Activity: 210
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 05:45:13 PM

I've been trying to learn about this project over and over, but still don't get a hint on what is this project really working for?
Is there any easier material that can be read to know about the project?
You're not the only one in this thread, that doesn't understand what is this project made for... something about algorithms and password history i guess)

cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 01:06:16 AM

I've been trying to learn about this project over and over, but still don't get a hint on what is this project really working for?
You're not the only one in this thread, that doesn't understand what is this project made for... something about algorithms and password history i guess)

I'm not sure what you mean exactly, maybe it's lacking a roadmap but at least it's not just some ICO token for pump and dump only.
rgsnedds

Activity: 952
Merit: 17

raskul

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 09:53:17 AM

GPU minable?
 Grin
barrysty1e

Activity: 636
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 10:43:50 AM

I'm not sure what you mean exactly, maybe it's lacking a roadmap but at least it's not just some ICO token for pump and dump only.

this.
thank you Smiley
some people are really getting hung up on this aspect; i stopped reading whitepapers years ago after realizing less than 5% of coins actually follow through with their promises.

my father wears sneakers in the pool
Belg

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 12:01:50 AM

CuBalloon now released with source: https://github.com/Belgarion/cuballoon/releases/tag/1.0.0
nakashu

Activity: 175
Merit: 11

"Decentralization is religion"

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 07:37:35 AM

so far im more and more impressed by deft! keep up the good work.. btw OPENCL miner would be great, we AMD guys are kinda missing out now..Smiley
Xenon05

Activity: 228
Merit: 1

GPTCash Weekly Airdrop: https://discord.gg/RWPEsRa

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:06:27 AM

wow its another cpu mining coin, this project is amazing and the dev is great with this concept of this coin and new algo with balloon. i think will try to dig some deft.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 11:56:55 AM

3%? ...

Bit rich for the dev fee considering that it is a ccminer clone and balloon addition.

Is there ANY reason why we would trial this out from a newbie like yourself and a code that seems to be a modified ccminer clone?

Let me know, and we will possibly have a look at it. Otherwise, there will be no way we would risk this in our mining systems, even though we have been looking at an opensource CUDA miner.

#crysx

konqueror

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 12:02:46 PM

3%? ...

Bit rich for the dev fee considering that it is a ccminer clone and balloon addition.

Is there ANY reason why we would trial this out from a newbie like yourself and a code that seems to be a modified ccminer clone?

Let me know, and we will possibly have a look at it. Otherwise, there will be no way we would risk this in our mining systems, even though we have been looking at an opensource CUDA miner.

#crysx

What exactly do you risk? You can always look/change the source, even remove the fee...
Thanks for the miner, Belg
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 12:53:02 PM

3%? ...

#crysx

What exactly do you risk? You can always look/change the source, even remove the fee...
Thanks for the miner, Belg

The code is NOT a fork ...

It is an upload from HIS/HER system, so it 'looks' like a ccminer copy, but to go through ALL the changes that MAY have been issues in the code would take precious time we do not have.

Had it been forked and changed, the changes are easy to see and we could associate the code with solid evidence that any malicious code has NOT been introduced. This however is a different story, so when you compile/run this code, the risk is VERY real that malicious code is present.

THAT is the risk. Somehow I do not think you value the coins you own/have as much as we value the honesty and integrity of the developers we work with. This code has just appeared and unless our dev (barrystyle) condones this code, we will NOT risk running it in our systems until James gives the all clear.

If this is a clear and open codebase, and the dev contacts us direct, then we will utilize it and have no issue with the dev fee. I personally still think 3% is rich, but as it stands, there is no assurance that this code is clean as is. I am happy to be proven wrong as this will affect the whole community and the community can benefit from this miner, if it indeed is clean.

Now do you understand?

#crysx

rgsnedds

Activity: 952
Merit: 17

raskul

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 12:53:55 PM

3%? ...

#crysx

complaining about dev fees and sporting a link to cryptopia in his sig  Roll Eyes

funniest thing i've seen all day. feel free to not mine Deft, if you are so offended paying a small fee to a decent developer.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 01:02:00 PM

3%? ...

#crysx

complaining about dev fees and sporting a link to cryptopia in his sig  Roll Eyes

funniest thing i've seen all day. feel free to not mine Deft, if you are so offended paying a small fee to a decent developer.

Since WHEN is a newbie a 'decent' developer? ...

IF a developer at all?

What KIND of imbeciles are you?

Time will tell if you all lose your coins from malicious code, OR that (hopefully) this is a valued member of the community and there is value in what he is providing.

As for promoting Cryptopia - you REALLY need to see doctor regarding what is actually being promoted here and what we have as a direct link to our stock coin. Sheesh!

#crysx

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: