Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:22:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your ideal transaction fee for Bitcoin transactions?  (Read 1373 times)
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 02:11:28 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2018, 05:49:07 AM by marcbitcoins

I think if the blockchain will be improved more then the transactions speed and quality fees will become much affordable, so for now the fees that you have all suggested is recommendable or i would suggest 2% from the total amount  so that the blockchain miners would earned fair enough for their efforts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
poletando

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

PlayGame.com

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 02:38:26 AM

I think the fee is depend on the bitcoin transaction, if the amount is big the fee is higher than when we send the low amount of bitcoin, I think it is fair for all people right?

──────⟩   PLAYGAME   ⟨──────
Whitepaper Powering real economy in the gaming world Onepager
Telegram ENG / IND Group Channel ⟩──MediumTwitterYouTube
Matthewmorris4

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO | Earn Stable

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 10:26:53 PM

in my opinion the fee for the most ideal bitcoin transaction is under $ 1. Yes, it would be better if the transaction fee had to be fixed, so that the transaction fee did not have the effect of rising or falling the price of bitcoin or the best is the transaction fee is "free"

Bitfling

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:47:00 AM

I think its like exchanger transaction fee, most of exchanger charge fee average 0.1%. I think its fair if our transaction charge with 0.1% because its crypto not a fiat
xfaqs01

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:52:35 AM

i think the ideal fee would be 10 cents or lower, that way small merchats or even big stores will be encourage to use bitcoin as another form of oayments specially micropayments and microtransactions,,but this could only be possible through lightning network..

Want to learn TA? head on to
https://www.facebook.com/BTCSignals
xtrump101

Activity: 267
Merit: 11

$onion

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 12:56:56 AM

i think the ideal fee would be 10 cents or lower, that way small merchats or even big stores will be encourage to use bitcoin as another form of oayments specially micropayments and microtransactions,,but this could only be possible through lightning network..
i totally agree on this, we really have to be by far more competitive on card payments such as visa and mastercard in order to rival the market specially in microtransaction, our only hope through lightning network and i believed it would be possible early next year, so it would be advisable to buy bitcoin as early as now before that happens.
mcneLubB

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:54:14 AM

For me, the ideal transaction fee is 1 cent. I understand that this is not realistic now, but I think that in the future there will be an opportunity to realize this)
Marbelli

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 11:03:01 AM

no more than one cent. It was a great commission and a great PR move for Bitcoin itself. he needs to reduce the price per transaction and speed - these are his two main problems at the moment

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Start: Dec 1, 2018 (https://endchain.io/)
DipDare11

Activity: 124
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:14:54 PM

I can not imagine that this can be translated into reality. Because most people will simply ignore Bitcoin and switch to other payment methods. So it will be much more effective.
florianuhlemann

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 02:47:05 PM

how can the Commission be regulated? it is also regulated by miners on the basis of market relations of mining complexity
Thomson-Winter

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 03:00:14 PM

I hope in the future with the development of technology, the transaction costs of bitcoin will be reduced more. If so, then really good
jcpone

Activity: 685
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 03:09:35 PM

For smaller amount of bitcoin transaction, the fee should be a specefic percentage (Ex. 0.5%) of the said amount so that bitcoin can go mainstream even with small transaction. Now for bigger transaction, the percentage should gets bigger also.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 03:14:41 PM

For smaller amount of bitcoin transaction, the fee should be a specefic percentage (Ex. 0.5%) of the said amount so that bitcoin can go mainstream even with small transaction. Now for bigger transaction, the percentage should gets bigger also.
I concur the transaction rate should in the future be proportional to the amount that’s being transferred so that it’s going to fair in many regards.So that there will be equality in the whole thing .

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 03:23:14 PM

Has anybody considered what the Bitcoin users want for transaction fees for their transactions? Yes, we can set the transaction

fees for our transactions in some wallets, but if you were given one set percentage of what you want to pay for transactions,

what would you choose? Let's say, this is based on the amount of bitcoins you are sending and not the transaction packet

size.  Roll Eyes

In the tax system, people with more money pay higher taxes and people with less money pay little or no taxes, so it would

make sense to apply this to Bitcoin too. {I am just playing Devils Advocate, because I know people will split tx's if this was

done.} Let's say they increase the amount, if it comes from the same Bitcoin address.... forcing people to use new Bitcoin

addresses and increasing pseudo anonymity.  Tongue

What percentage of your total transaction, would you be willing to pay for transaction fees, if this was done? {We might see

this with the future Bank Coins, because they like to do that.}  Cheesy

I could really go for the feed in any transaction using Bitcoin for about anything below $1 only. But i guess that would not be done unless they are going to do something about it.
realcrypto

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 05:23:08 PM

For bitcoin transactions, the ideal way of taking the transaction fees is by percentage. It is only a favourable percentage that should be talking about, a percentage that will favour both the miners and others.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
rishad quraishi

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 06:18:24 PM

I think within a range of 0.01% to 0.02% would be very suitable and acceptable for everyone along with some range of limits of transaction.
_Miracle

Activity: 906
Merit: 659

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 07:22:02 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2018, 07:35:13 PM by _Miracle

Lower than bank fees and faster … like it used to be.
Last year I had to use some coin to pay a bill: it was small like a few hundred dollars and I increased the fee to something I thought was high; $20 something.

It took DAYS.
I used to be able to move bitcoin around quickly and cheaply on a daily basis within an hour (and that would have been slow)

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
nicster551

Activity: 896
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:42:15 AM

Has anybody considered what the Bitcoin users want for transaction fees for their transactions? Yes, we can set the transaction

fees for our transactions in some wallets, but if you were given one set percentage of what you want to pay for transactions,

what would you choose? Let's say, this is based on the amount of bitcoins you are sending and not the transaction packet

size.  Roll Eyes

In the tax system, people with more money pay higher taxes and people with less money pay little or no taxes, so it would

make sense to apply this to Bitcoin too. {I am just playing Devils Advocate, because I know people will split tx's if this was

done.} Let's say they increase the amount, if it comes from the same Bitcoin address.... forcing people to use new Bitcoin

addresses and increasing pseudo anonymity.  Tongue

What percentage of your total transaction, would you be willing to pay for transaction fees, if this was done? {We might see

this with the future Bank Coins, because they like to do that.}  Cheesy

Would be everything that I could pay using it. But I really doubt that Bitcoin is the one we are going to use as a payment method. There will be a coin that would fit to do that role.
dmty.0809

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 09:35:58 AM

we certainly will want a small fee, because for the transaction fee seen from the price of the coin, the more expensive the coin will be the more expensive the tax.
Kencha77

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 09:42:30 AM

0.5% should be the minimum fee for a single bitcoin transaction. This is because with the current fiat transaction fees I pay which is around 1-2%, 0.5% should be justifiable because there is already a network which provides all the necessary mechanism for generating a transaction and a company will just have to make sure that the account's private keys are secured
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: