Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:03:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Claim Consensus: New PoW that is offline minable and lean blockchain  (Read 145 times)
ir.hn (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 54

Consensus is Constitution

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:54:27 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2018, 06:49:13 AM by ir.hn

Bid Consensus (now called Claim Consensus to be more general) was developed by the inspiration of Still_Looking user here on bitcointalk.  It is a protocol that would have everyone do 51% attacks on their own claimed coins in order to secure the network against 51% attacks.  Ironic no?  Coin ownership would be refreshed by the best 51%er every "jubilee" (or kept permanently, which is more likely to be the accepted way)

Here is the archived whitepaper:
Bid Consensus Whitepaper

Claim Consensus archived whitepaper (read the other one first to gain context):
Claim Consensus Whitepaper

Let me know what you think and if you need more explanation or have questions.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
monsterer2

Activity: 351
Merit: 134

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:47:13 AM

There is no information about how this solves the double spend problem?

As far as I can see, this only concerns coin generation.
ir.hn (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 54

Consensus is Constitution

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:56:13 AM

There is no information about how this solves the double spend problem?

As far as I can see, this only concerns coin generation.

Yes that's right.  You would still likely need a "consensus layer" blockchain for the trading of the coins.  But I think something special happens when you A. Have a separate but truly fair distribution method and B. have an incentive to mine consensus blockchain for free (protect your investment).  The special thing becomes that people mine the consensus layer blockchain for no rewards.  So people will "Coin Claim" mine for coins and they will "Consensus Mine" for free to protect their investment (kind of like how people run their own full nodes when they don't have to).  This means the maximum amount of coins can be limited if desired (I always think supply should be infinite though) but that fees will never be necessary to incentivize mining.  The consensus layer kind of becomes disposable and less serious.  What matters is your own backup of your coin's claiming private blockchain.

PS: I added a new whitepaper link to my original post which gives an example of a more mainstream acceptable way this may be done.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: