Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:55:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCchina IS BACK, bank deposits restored!!!  (Read 8388 times)
mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:40:36 PM

Foosl will be fooled.
China is not allowing this, those who pump money into Chinese exchanges are now are extremely stupid.
Would you put money into a Chinese exchange if you're not even allowed to withdraw?

Last dead cat bounces, but it is good because this will confirm that bitcoin can not be trusted, exchanges can not be trusted, and US government will witness the volatility of bitcoin AGAIN, and ban it.

Everyone buying now is a complete moron. This ship is going down !

Bitcoin is a trustless protocol. It's in prohibitive environments that it's best usage will be realized.
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:56:48 PM

Let's look at the facts people:

-On reddit, the OP was a throwaway account and the first "confirmer" was a throwaway account
-Several of the "confirmers" here have been new users or users with low post/activity
-No one's actually confirmed functionality - the button is there but the website still says bank transfers are not functional, that's pretty clear to me
-Someone said it was confirmed on Coindesk but no link? FISHY
-No announcement from BTCChina

I'm not convinced. This is just a half-assed attempt to pump the price, which will continue to plummet as soon as all the gullible fools realize that this is unconfirmed and therefore false, and that Bitcoin really is outright banned in China.

(Thanks for the hint, guy on page 2, but I'm not going to add [sarc] tags because it's more fun if people don't realize I'm trolling)

I assume Chinese New Year involves lots of alcohol, and therefore drunk trading? This is a bullish signal. (But still not outweighed by the massive bearish signal that is "BTC banned in china.")
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:59:03 PM

-On reddit, the OP was a throwaway account and the first "confirmer" was a throwaway account
-Several of the "confirmers" here have been new users or users with low post/activity
-No one's actually confirmed functionality - the button is there but the website still says bank transfers are not functional, that's pretty clear to me

I'm not convinced. This is just a half-assed attempt to pump the price, which will continue to plummet as soon as all the gullible fools realize that this is unconfirmed and therefore false, and that Bitcoin really is outright banned in China.

(Thanks for the hint, guy on page 2, but I'm not going to add [sarc] tags because it's more fun if people don't realize I'm trolling)

I assume Chinese New Year involves lots of alcohol, and therefore drunk trading? This is a bullish signal. (But still not outweighed by the massive bearish signal that is "BTC banned in china.")

http://www.coindesk.com/btc-china-accepting-bank-deposits/

edit: lol, i didn´t get it, i guess  Cheesy
BitcoinAshley

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:03:57 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/btc-china-accepting-bank-deposits/

edit: lol, i didn´t get it, i guess  Cheesy

This is not a foreign language source therefore unconfirmed. Proudhon will back me on this.

koryu

Activity: 681
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:06:45 PM

i am bit confused now  Huh so do you still expect anything to happen @chinese new year 31st of january?

btcchina volume is back, around 20k coins last hour... its just people switching back from huobi to btcchina or is the chinese volume increasing heavily now?
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:07:42 PM

It´s the same coins goin back and forth

95 buy
95 sell
96 buy
96 sell

I wonder if that volume might be fake..., they´re actin even worse than Huobi now, it´s so obvious, they don´t even try to hide it anymore.

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
koryu

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:12:48 PM

It´s the same coins goin back and forth

95 buy
95 sell
96 buy
96 sell

I wonder if that volume might be fake..., they´re actin even worse than Huobi now, it´s so obvious, they don´t even try to hide it anymore.

true, nice sherlocked^^ that actually looks fake 
fonzie

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:14:29 PM

Another one

and this

This is so ridiculous

koryu

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:15:46 PM

just watch it on btcwisdom, it's obvious
fonzie

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:21:25 PM

In a few hours we will have a new market leader with about 2 Mio. BTC changed in 6 hours

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Roll Eyes

rezilient

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:22:55 PM

Can someone please explain what they are doing and why?  I guess they are creating volume but I don't fully understand the ramifications.  Sorry for the noob question.

You don't pay enough.
koryu

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:32:50 PM

Can someone please explain what they are doing and why?  I guess they are creating volume but I don't fully understand the ramifications.  Sorry for the noob question.

fact is that anybody is creating volume... but this volume means nothing, it doesnt change the value.

question is who and why... i just read that they have started their "maker-taker" fee structure and give out the fee as prize to a lucky customer.
so i see two options:
1. some traders just buy and sell to get the prize
2. btcchina is testing out their new system themself and generate fake volume, also to lure customers maybe.

just brainstorming... nothing confirmed
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:42:00 PM

u know what i learned when i hear things like that .... and see some random chart waves .... i dump all for fiat Cheesy   ... and see what happen
stylin

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:52:36 PM

fact is that anybody is creating volume... but this volume means nothing, it doesnt change the value.

question is who and why... i just read that they have started their "maker-taker" fee structure and give out the fee as prize to a lucky customer.
so i see two options:
2. btcchina is testing out their new system themself and generate fake volume, also to lure customers maybe.

What is happening is that BTCChina has recently instituted a reward for market-making (google market-maker). This means that a whale can set huge buy and sell orders very close to each other and make money off of others buying and selling into them. This happens on Wall Street all the time, and now Bobby Lee has actually incentivized it. It's a genius move in my opinion, it reduces volatility and increases liquidity.

Now a bot that hasn't taken this recently-added incentive into account is buying and selling into the market-making bots' orders. I am not surprised they found a bot to exploit, BTCChina has been dead for a while. The bot is slowly losing a lot of money though, when the owner wakes up in the morning he will be pissed lol.

Honorcoin | 100% PoS | 2% Free Distribution
XHC: HEjJZdyJWBjaLH7w12k2nfqAKMEC9h2Lvt
fonzie

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:54:16 PM

so i see two options:

What is happening is that BTCChina has recently instituted a reward for market-making (google market-maker). This means that a whale can set huge buy and sell orders very close to each other and make money off of others buying and selling into them. This happens on Wall Street all the time, and now Bobby Lee has actually incentivized it. It's a genius move in my opinion, it reduces volatility and increases liquidity.

Now a bot that hasn't taken this recently-added incentive into account is buying and selling into the market-making bots' orders. I am not surprised they found a bot to exploit, BTCChina has been dead for a while. The bot is slowly losing a lot of money though, when the owner wakes up in the morning he will be pissed lol.

Maker- Taker has been active at BTCChina for 2-3 weeks, not?

fonzie

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:10:25 PM

ahahahahahaha

BitcoinAshley

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:41:17 PM

so i see two options:

Maker- Taker has been active at BTCChina for 2-3 weeks, not?

(1) I'm glad someone actually understands what's going on and is not taking the tinfoil hat approach. It is obvious that this is whales buying and selling to themselves each other with bots.
(2) The maker-taker reward may have been active for that long, but it's just now gotten more publicity, AND bank transfers are functional again (although there is a holiday period) which  may have sparked whale interest enough to get things going.
litepresence

Activity: 358
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:55:49 PM

Conceptualize what's happening...

one guy has a bot that he's sleeping in.. it will buy at one price and sell at another based on a preset margin. It doesn't place "limit orders" it places "market orders".

Another guy... much wiser... has realized that by placing limit orders on the books will

1) entice this other bot to buy and sell at ever decreasing margins
2) EARN "maker" fees for the winner
3) Leave the loser to wake up not just to the fees associated w/ buying and selling 100 or 200 BTCs... but 50,000 BTC worth of fees.

Someone is going to wake up so F'ed its not funny...

And someone else is going to be swimming in a BANK of maker fees.

awww SNAP!!!

Some has just had

over 100 BTC drained to nothing

in market order fees in less than 2 hours because they slept in a market order bot... and someone else exploited that bot w/ a limit order bot.
litepresence

Activity: 358
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:57:49 PM

Maker-Taker is a system whereby those posting multiple buy/sell offers and increase liquidity in the market (“makers”)

are paid a fee,

whereas those who take the offers and remove market liquidity (the “takers”) are charged a fee of 0.3%.
acsalles

Activity: 343
Merit: 11

Rangers.Protocol

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:59:42 PM

Amazing what the world has become in these early digital age.
It's almost an academic example of exponential evolution, taking the last century as reference.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: