Just thought I would take a moment to update anyone who cares with a summary of the recent developments over at the Mainframe MC pool in the last month or so. If this turns out to be of interest to anyone i might continue to do this each month.
So of course the biggest news for us us that in less than 2 months time we have grown to 230-300gh/s which places us solidly in the top 10 largest public pools list (our rank hovers around 8-9th place). Big thanks to all our miners who saw something in what we were doing and came over to join us.
Two other major changes were implemented over the last month as well.
1) We implemented a PPLNS reward method of scoring and payout as an anti-poolhopper measure
2) We did away with the mandatory donation amount to charity. It had originally been set at a fixed rate for all miners which didnt allow them to choose if they wanted to donate to charity or not. This was done away with this month and a system put in place to allow miners to choose if they donate and how much they donate.
Some of the less notable but certainly worth mentioning changes include:
- A pretty major facelift and redesign of the frontend layout and design.
- Implementation of some really spiffy charts library (probably the best out there) resulting in very cool new charts for statistics visualization (if you havent seen them its worth making an account just to check them out)
- Many new features added to the user interface to make sure miners can get the information they want and are looking for
- we "integrated" bitcoin.org.uk forums into the pool website so you can browse the forums without leaving the pool website
- We added an IRC channel (#mainframe.nl @ freenode - come join us!)
- Twmz added cool forum/signature banners for the MMC pool ( check them out here: http://btcstats.net/?mmc
- added a !stats bot to the irc channel
And of course, to coincide with breaking into the top 10, our main support thread got sticky'd @bitcointalk.org!
Additionally, we have had 5 more 10gh/s or larger miners join our pool and are mining with us 24/7 (alot of smaller miners as well, of course).
This means Vladimir is no longer the "king of Mainframe". His hashing capacity now accounts for only about 21% of the entire pool's capacity.
Random interesting fact :
- In only 2 months, Mainframe MC has generated and paid out ~4,040 BTC to its miners
Warm thanks again to everyone who has joined over the last 2 months and if you havent checked us out in awhile (or ever) now is a good time to give us a second look!
MMC Pool Operator