Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:47:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ZEUS EXCHANGE: HOW TO CONNECT FINANCIAL AND CRYPTO MARKETS?  (Read 697 times)
sadtrader89

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:16:38 PM

btw how do i open an account on your platform?

Depending on your country of residence (if we operate in your country, that is); and when we launch, you would be able to register, provide documents for the compliance, and then receive your account details. You can check a description of the process in our White Paper too. http://files.zeus.exchange/20180525-zeus-exchange-white-paper-v1-eng.pdf

Here's short version: 

Open account and deposit assets
1.   A client opens an account at Zeus Exchange and goes through ‘know-your-client’ (KYC) procedures. A client also supplies his bank account details for settlements in money, bank and broker details for settlements in money and shares, and e-wallet details for settlements in cryptocurrency.
2.   Once KYC is completed, Zeus Exchange signs a broker agreement with the client, and assigns a unique client ID. Zeus Exchange also provides its bank account details, broker details and e-wallet instructions.
3.   A client wires the assets (currency, cryptocurrency, shares) into the Zeus Exchange accounts under the broker agreement, and Zeus Exchange conducts the anti-money-laundering (AML) checks to verify the source of the funds involved in transaction. 
4.   Once AML checks are completed, and the money transfer is complete, a client receives his trading limits in broker account system.
5.   Finally, Zeus Exchange sends details to the client to enable him to access the trading terminal using a unique ID.

Is it possible to somehow bypass KYC&AML stages?
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Takada90

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 07:17:54 PM

So far this project looks quite promising to me and i will definitely follow the updates Wink
coinagota

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 07:22:50 PM

The only thing I don't understand is how your platform benefits from allowing to trade from  $100 and such little shares

Actually, that's exactly a new window of opportunity. Micro investors, who are interested to invest just a bit or invest with a spare cash, or simply gamble with a little of money represent an already huge and growing market. Take a look at Acorns, or Stash as examples in classic finance.
Yeah that's a good idea and market opportunity, and might be very profitable for the platform in the coming years, as a lot of young people are becoming increasingly interested in investing in crypto and, well, they usually lack money to do that. Myself included😂
I wouldn't suggest trading with such small amount of money , like, what's your return on investment then? But the platform can make a lot of money on those who want to feel like real investors😀
Why not? If I have spare money I'd better invest it and get small but nevertheless return on investment. And cryptocurrency market is unpredictable you never know how much you'll get in the end. So I'm glad there're exchanges that let you do that
carhasger

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 07:26:28 PM

Btw sorry if i missed this, but are you going to operate in EU and US?
Morros

Activity: 282
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 07:28:36 PM

When I read information about your project I had such equivocal thoughts. All that was described seem to be good. But there is nothing extraordinary.
ZeusExchangeOfficial

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:17:43 PM

The spectrum of trading opportunities you are going to offer is huge. Where are you guys incorporated and do you have all the licenses?

Absolutely true: within 2018-2022 timeframe. We will launch with a few tokenized assets, USD, EUR & NEM in an alpha version, and we will add BTC & ETH in beta. And we will keep building on top of it, step by step.

We are incorporated in Singapore, and preparing to file for the first set of licenses to launch Alpha Zeus Exchange in a few selected Asian markets. And full legal roadmap would take us at least 3 years to complete, most probably - more.   

Tokenized assets like USD and EUR? You mean stable pegged digital currencies? How will you keep it stable, what's the mechanism behind it?

We mean the following:

Digital asset is a security token issued for the specific underlying asset held at the Zeus Depositary. Digital assets provide a novel investment vehicle, create an arbitrage opportunity between the markets, and facilitate ready liquidity.

Traditional financial assets backing digital assets issued by Zeus, are held by the prime-broker, subject to all the traditional custodian, regulatory, and security levels of protection. Digital assets issued by Zeus are held on a public blockchain, thus ensuring full transparency. A special mechanism is present in NEM blockchain, which permits us to ensure that all movements of our digital assets are done through Zeus platform, allowing KYC/AML compliance and security protection.

To make an example, Zeus Exchange clients will be able to trade, say, IBM stock shares for fiat currency, and optionally take delivery of IBM stock in their broker accounts, and to withdraw funds to their bank account, all utilizing legally compliant methods. Likewise, Zeus Exchange clients may trade tokenized CRYPTO-IBM for cryptocurrencies.

Once CRYPTO-IBM is issued at Zeus Depository, the underlying IBM instrument is held frozen at the Zeus Exchange broker account until the CRYPTO-IBM redemption. A client may choose to redeem CRYPTO-IBM and receive the actual IBM instrument.

Once the client sells CRYPTO-IBM on Zeus Exchange, one can withdraw cryptocurrency to her own wallet, to exchange the cryptocurrency to fiat, and then withdraw the funds to a bank account.

It's not stable, but it's not highly volatile as crypto assets usually do.
ZeusExchangeOfficial

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:07:55 PM

[/quote]
So if I'm not a resident of the country where the platform operates I can't use it ? Isn't it international or something?
I mean for example, if you launch in Estonia and this country is a EU member, and I'm also EU resident, can I use it?
[/quote]

The platform will be available in the countries of the licenses, which we are going to obtain step by step. 

In short, even if our brokerage license would allow us to provide services to all EU citizens, the crypto license may not be that inclusive, and in such an example, it would mean, that we would provide an access to financial markets to all EU residents, and an access to crypto assets to only the residents of the countries where Estonia crypto license is applicable.

That's one of the reasons behind our heavy research legal-wise: to find the countries of the first entry, that would provide most wide access for the customers for both markets.   

So, in your example, if we have Estonia licenses and you are a EU resident, and our crypto license covers your country (for example, Latvia), then you can use it. If not (for example, Germany) - then you would be able to access financial markets only through our platform.
ZeusExchangeOfficial

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:21:17 PM

[/quote]
I wouldn't suggest trading with such small amount of money , like, what's your return on investment then? But the platform can make a lot of money on those who want to feel like real investors😀
[/quote]

You know, there is a perception, that you can't save or invest much if you don't have enough money. The maths is different. If you save less then a dollar every day and transfer it to saving or investment account, you won't get much, it's true (0,99 ^ (365)= approx 0,026). But if you do it with just a bit more than 1 dollar, you can actually achieve much more (1,01 ^ (365) = approx 37,78)

So the reasoning behind micro investments is (a) save just a bit every day - from a spare cash and (b) have a habit of investing and reinvesting it. Problem with investing is that usually you don't have many options to invest so little. And we offer the solution to that. 

Our passion is to eventually provide a window of opportunity for everyone, and blockchain is one of the keys to implement this vision.     
cattano

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:33:52 PM

I think this is a good idea to make a hybrid exchange that enable to trade crptocurrency and financial market in a single place.
I think this is a future solution to make trading became limitless.
ZeusExchangeOfficial

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:41:01 PM

Is it possible to somehow bypass KYC&AML stages?
[/quote]

Nope.

Smiley

There is a clear need in the market for a legal and compliant mechanism that connects conventional and crypto markets and is capable of partnering with traditional finance players such as banks and broker-dealers.

We beleive in the power of blockchain, but we also beleive that the legal framework is needed for markets to operate. We foresee blockchain developments applied to the regulation (regtech; smart contracts; API solutions), but we also see that unless the financial flows are transparent, the fintech can't really operate, because investment management is based on trust.

Interesingly enough, digital identity is another matter: while at the moment, a person identity is generally issued and protected and checked by governments (which is a matter of national sovereignity), it may (and we expect that) in the future finally become a person's own data to issue and share, and blockchain may be one of the technologies to do just that. And we would defenitely welcome and implement such a solution once it becomes a reality.

But for the time being: KYC/AML is a must.
gextor

Activity: 86

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:42:42 PM

When will the project be translated into other languages?  Huh Shocked Cheesy
ZeusExchangeOfficial

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:48:55 PM

When I read information about your project I had such equivocal thoughts. All that was described seem to be good. But there is nothing extraordinary.

Ask us questions when in doubt! Smiley

Here is a short list of what we are trying to achieve:

- Trade on a single platform with an access to various assets classes - no need to register at multiple crypto exchanges, banks and brokers     
- Trade with as little as $100 - an opportunity for micro investors, who are generally locked out of investment opportunities 
- Trade arbitrage between crypto assets, and between markets - we convert asset classes within minutes - again, no need to open accounts at multiple brokers and crypto exchanges. 
- Wire and withdraw currency and assets at no risk of getting frozen at your bank - currently it's a huge problem in the market

All of it is possible due to technology, legal and compliance bridge, that we create.   
ZeusExchangeOfficial

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:53:09 PM

Btw sorry if i missed this, but are you going to operate in EU and US?

We currently see Singapore & Estonia & Gibraltar as the first entry points to the markets. EU would be a bit later, as our next step.  

And the US will defenitely be at a much later stage, once the legislation is less confusing.
ZeusExchangeOfficial

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:55:27 PM

We are going to launch our website and materials in other languages (German, Spanish, Korean, Chinese, Russian) starting July, step by step Smiley  Which language did you have in mind?
ZeusExchangeOfficial

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:58:49 PM

Meanwhile, here is a weekly news update for Zeus Exchange:

👉 Our official thread on Reddit is live! Join the conversation, and stay updated with updates and articles! Read it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ZeusExchange/ 👈

🎤 EuroDig 2018 conference in Tbilisi, Georgia was uber-cool! We had fruitful discussions with policy leaders on the future of finance, personal data, and government regulation. Stay tuned for the video 🔜! 🎤

📩 We’ve also got an invitation to speak at IGF 2018! More info here: https://www.intgovforum.org 📩  

💥 We are among only 3 startups chosen to speak at FinTechNetwork BFC APAC in Singapore on June 20-21. Speakers include Jennifer Doherty from HSBC, Philip E️nness from IBM, Ella Qiang from Stellar and Alexandre Kech from SWIFT. Exciting! https://hubs.ly/H0cq2ml0 💥

👏 And we are honoured to announce our new advisor! Look forward working together: Julian Zegelman is an experienced corporate attorney, serial entrepreneur and angel investor. Read our Q&A with him here: https://info.zeus.exchange/crypto-zeus-blog/qa-with-our-advisor-julian-zegelman

Hint: Let us know if you would be in Singapore on 20-21 June or in Seul on 28 June - our team will be speaking and presenting Zeus demo at forums there, and we would be happy to meet and answer your questions!  
gextor

Activity: 86

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 10:42:08 PM

We are going to launch our website and materials in other languages (German, Spanish, Korean, Chinese, Russian) starting July, step by step Smiley  Which language did you have in mind?
ok, i will waiting website)
ZeusExchangeOfficial

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:40:06 PM

ok, i will waiting website)

We've launched our website in Chinese, Korean, Spanish and Russian last week - go and check it! And let us know, which languages would you like to see next Smiley  https://zeus.exchange/
ZeusExchangeOfficial

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:42:24 PM

👌We’ve launched our website and all materials in Chinese, Korean, Spanish and Russian. Go and check 🙂   
🏄 BFC APAC conference was a blast! We made a pitch, showcased demo of Zeus Exchange and Zeus Crypto, and met with multiple local partners. 
💫 We have started talking to expected to be licensed exchanges to list our token. Security tokens are the future!
💥 And we will launch our first product - Zeus Crypto - in a couple of months! Email us at beta@zeus.exchange to sign up for Beta Testing and an Early Access! 💥

🔜 Nah, let us repeat:

🔥 We will launch our first product Zeus Crypto, which is a crypto-to-crypto exchange in a couple of months! You would be able to trade XEM, BTC, ETH from the moment of launch, and we will be adding other popular cryptocurrencies shortly. We will be updating with product features, interface snapshots and how-to-get-in shortly. Stay tuned! NEM community, join the party! ⚡️
Mariia_BT

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 03:48:25 PM

The only thing I don't understand is how your platform benefits from allowing to trade from  $100 and such little shares

Actually, that's exactly a new window of opportunity. Micro investors, who are interested to invest just a bit or invest with a spare cash, or simply gamble with a little of money represent an already huge and growing market. Take a look at Acorns, or Stash as examples in classic finance.
Yeah that's a good idea and market opportunity, and might be very profitable for the platform in the coming years, as a lot of young people are becoming increasingly interested in investing in crypto and, well, they usually lack money to do that. Myself included😂
Why not? If I have spare money I'd better invest it and get small but nevertheless return on investment. And cryptocurrency market is unpredictable you never know how much you'll get in the end. So I'm glad there're exchanges that let you do that

the crippling market is really very unpredictable. we never know what to expect from him. but I believe that it is worth investing money only in those projects in which we are confident. Now there are many such projects where investors experience a loss of money.

ludmila79

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:50:33 PM

Eye-catching project and community needs on the exchange platform is very high, but  there are plenty of similar projects in the market.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: