Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:12:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advertisements in Search Bitcoin  (Read 735 times)
jostmey (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2011, 03:39:24 AM

Search Bitcoin is a service for helping people discover what they can buy with their bitcoins. Our live feed is featured on numerous websites including www.weusecoins.com. Each day our service delivers between 100 to 500 referral clicks and an average of 500000 impressions.

Maintaining the service is expensive. That is why Search Bitcoin will be looking for sponsors. Soon we will be unveiling tools for running advertising campaigns through the service, and I want to know who if anyone would be interested in trying us out.

All advertisements will be visually distinct (enhanced) from non-advertisements. This will be done so that our users can tell which results are financially unbiased.

That said, I am seeking feedback from the community before I begin writing the code. I want to get this right. So if anyone has any suggestions now is the time to speak. I am also in the process of deciding the prices. I want to charge a price that is fair. Right now, I am looking at charging 0.01 BTC per referral click or 0.01 BTC per 1000 impressions. Let me know if these prices sound reasonable. And of course, prices are subject to change.

P.S. If the community opposes the idea of advertisements in Search Bitcoin, then I am open to other sources of funding, such as a starting a bounty.

Search Bitcoin
Discover the bitcoin economy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: