Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:12:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think BlackArrow is going to miss Feb-24 timeframe it had given ?  (Read 3114 times)
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:57:14 AM

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but as a longtime GPU miner and Avalon Preorder owner, I've sworn off this preorder scam and am much happier as a result.  Think about it this way:

Avalon was 6months late.  Not a huge issue as they released ASICS first, but I still lost 40BTC on my Batch 3 preorder.  BFL 13months.

KnC got the "closest" to on time and was a bit over 1 month - but still "average joe" got their unit closer to 2months late as only the rare 1st day order made it out only a month late.  

Hashfast is how late?  Cointerra is how late?  Btmine is how late?

So those of you thinking BA was going to hit FEB 24th... well it sucks but to estimate with their new date might even be too optimistic.  You need to start to plan for the worst case.  Even if they *start* shipping sometime in May, how far back are you in the order queue?

Very much agree with you.
Pre-order deals do look a lot cheaper, but if you take consideration of difficulty adjustment and possibility of late delivery, you will find the deals full of risk.  Wink
oxfardk

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:21:43 AM

it's still risky to take a pre-order deals mostly if you planned to mine bitcoins at precise time

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: