Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:22:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Androids Tokens v2.0 [Proof of Stake]  (Read 115734 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:44:49 AM

i still have a ton of adt1 i can't swap over, come on guys let's just decide and get these chains running so we can use the coin.

how does this sound   

2.5% POS / 15 days for 6 months lowering by 0.5% every 6 months until it hits 1%

1000 ADT / POW block 1 block / min to keep the POW going well

that sounds good, we need pow mining a bit i think.

1000 ADT / block will make just over half a bill coins a year it could be upped to be 10,000 then lowered by 1,000 every 6 months it would get people mining again if that's the route people want to go I will make it happen and make sure I have a server ready to setup a pool on

Yeah either that or POS that makes people hold their coins and wallets open. I think staking daily is the best way like blackcoin.

staking daily would cause a lot of problems and would take a lot to get it all just right its something I have been looking at but right how we need quick and easy then once its all stable we can go from there ( I would want to do a lot of testing before adding something like that )

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:46:10 AM

so this should be the way than I think we are in agreement here so lets patch it up.

I have left a message for mullick stating the new parameters and he should be online in the next 1-2h Smiley

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:15:28 PM

so this should be the way than I think we are in agreement here so lets patch it up.

I have left a message for mullick stating the new parameters and he should be online in the next 1-2h Smiley

good stuff Smiley

coinbloke

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:12:35 PM

peeps should be happy after this patch.
muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:39:54 PM

Bit forky in ADT world atm.
Tranz
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:49:04 PM

2.5% POS / 15 days for 6 months lowering by 0.5% every 6 months until it hits 1%

You really lower the number of days for stake. 15 days is WAY to long. Should be more like 5 days or even less. You want a PoS only coin, but if coins have to age that long, the block chain will be very slow.   This was my point at the start of ADTv2, I was ignored then.

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 03:28:24 PM

You really lower the number of days for stake. 15 days is WAY to long. Should be more like 5 days or even less. You want a PoS only coin, but if coins have to age that long, the block chain will be very slow.   This was my point at the start of ADTv2, I was ignored then.

if you have a crazy short coin age to stake its not much different from trying to have crazy short block times

we have had no issues with the stake time the issue causing the problem is stake blocks being broadcast before the block chain is in sync causing forks

as you have said you made the POS code for ADT so the issue was caused by code you did if that part of the code worked right we wouldn't be at the stage we are now

if ADT had shorter stake time and more stake encouraging people to stake the problem we now have would be 10 times worse !

changes can be done in the future if things don't work out well or the users want it right now the main issue is the POS causing forks   

muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 03:34:06 PM

if you have a crazy short coin age to stake its not much different from trying to have crazy short block times

we have had no issues with the stake time the issue causing the problem is stake blocks being broadcast before the block chain is in sync causing forks

as you have said you made the POS code for ADT so the issue was caused by code you did if that part of the code worked right we wouldn't be at the stage we are now

if ADT had shorter stake time and more stake encouraging people to stake the problem we now have would be 10 times worse !

changes can be done in the future if things don't work out well or the users want it right now the main issue is the POS causing forks   

I just will make this straight forward for the not so smart.

Tranz and Bodi are throwing sound advice, your dev is ignoring it.

Tranz and Bodi are far more experienced and intelligent than zach.

Speak your mind before its too late.
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 03:52:06 PM

I just will make this straight forward for the not so smart.

Tranz and Bodi are throwing sound advice, your dev is ignoring it.

Tranz and Bodi are far more experienced and intelligent than zach.

Speak your mind before its too late.

I am guessing the alt account that said they should take over ADT belongs to you lol

even when I am doing what the users want and have agreed to make the POS 50X more it is now and make the POW 1000X more that is a huge increase and will hugely affect the total amount of coins that will be made

before I took over ADT it was 0 POW and 0.005% POS / year so this change will make it 12,000 x more stake

just because they believe that pushing the limits of what stake can do at the same time as fixing a coding mistake that was made by them dosent mean its the right thing

this is where you deserve a some credit as you made most of the code that will stop POS blocks staking before the client is in sync as you had the same issue with COL when you pushed the limits of block times and stake

just because I don't code it dosent mean I know nothing about what code does what and how to sort issues also why would anyone want me to make the code when there are plenty of people that know what they are doing and can do a far better job than I can at coding

I am not like you as I don't want to release a whole boat load of altcoins just to test things

Tranz
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 03:56:02 PM

You really lower the number of days for stake. 15 days is WAY to long. Should be more like 5 days or even less. You want a PoS only coin, but if coins have to age that long, the block chain will be very slow.   This was my point at the start of ADTv2, I was ignored then.

I changed 2 parms, as I was asked to do. That was all I did. You can clearly see that here (https://github.com/CryptoRepairCrew/Android-Token-V2/commits/master/src)  I was not asked to review all the of the problems, and fix them. This would be the admins job.

Black coin has the stake starting in hours, not days or weeks or months. It is fine.

If you are having problems with clients staking before full block chain download. You can tighten this via line 4336 in main.
Code:
while (vNodes.empty() || IsInitialBlockDownload())
This code works well for every other client out there, but if you are having trouble you could add in a min number of peers, or a 5 min wait to be sure, ect. This should also not be an issue if the Checkpoint server is running, as it would simply reject those blocks and the chain would carry on as normal.

Edit: To be clear, I have 0, repeat ZERO desire to take over this coin. I have no problem offering advice, but I will not do the work for you.

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:03:58 PM

BC seems to be the  most successful POS only coin right now, it's stake time is just hours. I think we need blocks staking faster to keep the chain moving and secured.

We can speed up the staking time right without increasing stake % per year?

I guess if we keep POW then we don't need to worry about that as much?

Whatever we do let's get the coin working. I can't believe how many people have worked on this coin and it still isn't functioning properly.

1. let's isolate what is exactly causing these issues.

2. let's fix those at once regardless of what large bagholders say, there is no point holding bags of coins that i can't even use.

I've had zero issues with cgb nor phs, hobo, dmd even. We need to find out exactly what went wrong with adt2 at inception and fix this.

zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:04:21 PM

I changed 2 parms, as I was asked to do. That was all I did. You can clearly see that here (https://github.com/CryptoRepairCrew/Android-Token-V2/commits/master/src)  I was not asked to review all the of the problems, and fix them. This would be the admins job.

Black coin has the stake starting in hours, not days or weeks or months. It is fine.

If you are having problems with clients staking before full block chain download. You can tighten this via line 4336 in main.
Code:
while (vNodes.empty() || IsInitialBlockDownload())
This code works well for every other client out there, but if you are having trouble you could add in a min number of peers, or a 5 min wait to be sure, ect. This should also not be an issue if the Checkpoint server is running, as it would simply reject those blocks and the chain would carry on as normal.

I did pay a lot of money for a fully working coin and that's not what I received

the cheackpointing server was up all the time but it never stopped any of the issues as when people were opening wallets that were due a lot of stake it would make a whole load of blocks and stick that person on a fork the check pointing server never had any issues staking on the correct chain

that problem was only made worse by cryptsy holding over 58% of all coins when there coins staked

the only issues the cheackpointing server had was loosing connections do to so many people going off on there own forks all the time  

zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:16:51 PM

BC seems to be the  most successful POS only coin right now, it's stake time is just hours. I think we need blocks staking faster to keep the chain moving and secured.

We can speed up the staking time right without increasing stake % per year?

I guess if we keep POW then we don't need to worry about that as much?

Whatever we do let's get the coin working. I can't believe how many people have worked on this coin and it still isn't functioning properly.

1. let's isolate what is exactly causing these issues.

2. let's fix those at once regardless of what large bagholders say, there is no point holding bags of coins that i can't even use.

I've had zero issues with cgb nor phs, hobo, dmd even. We need to find out exactly what went wrong with adt2 at inception and fix this.

the closer you make the stake to each other the more blocks are generated and that in tern will make a lot more orphans and would mean that we would have to make more conformation's to keep stop double spends and lost coins the side affect of that would be it would take longer to send coins from A to B

POS can be speed up but there is no real need for it BC does it to force people to keep there wallet open all the time  I would like to make the POS faster but there is no real evidence that its more secure and there have been no real long term test of it

POW will generate plenty of coins to keep people interested and that will keep the coin going between POS bocks and after 15 days all the POW mined blocks will start to stake so we would have 15 days worth of stake blocks there

yes it annoys me that I have paid countless people plenty of money and its still not 100% I think they just want to milk ADT until it runs dry

the issue is POS blocks being mined before the clients are in sync making forks there could be contributing factors but we wont know until that main issue is fixed
( the other minor issues could be side affects of the main issue or they could be part of the issue mullick is looking into that

I am also looking at why CGB dosent have these issues as it should have been a direct clone

coinbloke

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:42:37 AM

some of the suggestions above have a point. Lets look at the most successful coin in the category, just do whatever they do for now to get it going finally. THE MAIN issue here is and always was is the stuppiid freaking arguing that is going on here. Just do what crypto above suggest and even if it makes shorter staking time just get it done finally surely Mullick can do it properly. I've always been a a big supporter as some of you know it here but I am really losing my patience with the stupid childish arguing here. I am also a large holder and as you can see I am agreeing to some ideas being thrown to get it going NOW. Zach I have to admit you are showing too much resistance you need to be more flexible we very much appreciate your persistence but you need to do what users want please. It may not be the most ethical or technically viable at this moment but times change and so do we have to to stay alive. Get it done!
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 03:24:38 AM

some of the suggestions above have a point. Lets look at the most successful coin in the category, just do whatever they do for now to get it going finally. THE MAIN issue here is and always was is the stuppiid freaking arguing that is going on here. Just do what crypto above suggest and even if it makes shorter staking time just get it done finally surely Mullick can do it properly. I've always been a a big supporter as some of you know it here but I am really losing my patience with the stupid childish arguing here. I am also a large holder and as you can see I am agreeing to some ideas being thrown to get it going NOW. Zach I have to admit you are showing too much resistance you need to be more flexible we very much appreciate your persistence but you need to do what users want please. It may not be the most ethical or technically viable at this moment but times change and so do we have to to stay alive. Get it done!

don't people get that if ADT is identical to another coin it will just be the other coin with a different name

do people want me to totally fuck up ADT by

making the stake crazy high
making the stake crazy fast
bringing back POW with crazy reward

doing all that will kill the coin and you will all lose out unless your plan is to just pump it and dump it !

changing a coins parameters dramatically from what they were in the start is crazy not even the scam coins want to do that yet all the users of ADT demand that core settings of ADT be changed to make it the total opposite of what it was meant to be

what you should all be asking your selves is why you brought into a coin with settings you don't want when there are loads of other coins out there that offer you what you want

I don't think you will find any other devs that are willing to change core settings of the coin so dramatically what you guys are asking is for me to do the equivalent of asking the BTC DEVS to change the BTC block reward 50X more than it is now

I have already upped it from 0 POW and 0.005% POS / year to 1 POW and 2.4% POS now its being upped to 10,000 POW and over 45% POS over the next 12 months

Then you guys want me to lower the POS time that could cause any number of issues and hasn't been proven secure it is soothing to look into but not something that should be in this patch  

( if I put low POS times in this patch and It brakes again in 1 months time you would all be saying its my fault for not testing everything )

I am already going to have to release this patch with minimal testing and I don't want to increase the risk of more issues

saveADT

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 03:41:20 AM

don't people get that if ADT is identical to another coin it will just be the other coin with a different name

doing all that will kill the coin and you will all lose out unless your plan is to just pump it and dump it !

changing a coins parameters dramatically from what they were in the start is crazy not even the scam coins want to do that yet all the users of ADT demand that core settings of ADT be changed to make it the total opposite of what it was meant to be

what you should all be asking your selves is why you brought into a coin with settings you don't want when there are loads of other coins out there that offer you what you want

I don't think you will find any other devs that are willing to change core settings of the coin so dramatically what you guys are asking is for me to do the equivalent of asking the BTC DEVS to change the BTC block reward 50X more than it is now

I have already upped it from 0 POW and 0.005% POS / year to 1 POW and 2.4% POS now its being upped to 10,000 POW and over 45% POS over the next 12 months

Then you guys want me to lower the POS time that could cause any number of issues and hasn't been proven secure it is soothing to look into but not something that should be in this patch  

( if I put low POS times in this patch and It brakes again in 1 months time you would all be saying its my fault for not testing everything )

I am already going to have to release this patch with minimal testing and I don't want to increase the risk of more issues

You have already fucked up ADT so I am demanding that someone takes over and releases a patch that blocks this address http://www.adtexplorer.com/address.php?chain=1&addr=AKzvVNQ3UF5nKpBgq26JgSxqzQWRg8M6PM as it belongs to zackclark70 and he dosent deserve to hold ADT anymore as upping the POS to his proposed crazy levels will make him over 1,000,000,000 coins over the next year

I also propose that this address http://www.adtexplorer.com/address.php?chain=1&addr=ALrAjY37qa47vjrHhyVo4KjjF4BrMZEsvf be blocked as a single user holding that many coins is not good
cryptmebro

Activity: 786

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:00:29 AM

You have already fucked up ADT so I am demanding that someone takes over and releases a patch that blocks this address http://www.adtexplorer.com/address.php?chain=1&addr=AKzvVNQ3UF5nKpBgq26JgSxqzQWRg8M6PM as it belongs to zackclark70 and he dosent deserve to hold ADT anymore as upping the POS to his proposed crazy levels will make him over 1,000,000,000 coins over the next year

I also propose that this address http://www.adtexplorer.com/address.php?chain=1&addr=ALrAjY37qa47vjrHhyVo4KjjF4BrMZEsvf be blocked as a single user holding that many coins is not good

You don't get to decide who has the right to hold or not hold ADT.  There's no premine scam so I don't see an issue.  Zack bought his coins legitimately.  Please leave.
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:16:08 AM

the 2nd address is the coins that haven't been swapped yet so blocking them would make a lot of people unhappy

if someone did take over and blocked my coins I would be very unhappy as I worked hard to get them

coinbloke

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:12:20 AM

no one needs to hand over anything just stop the arguments now and do an in between solution that's what I am saying as if we keep going like this it will not end up good. All we keep hearing that this guy or that guy will do the patch tomorrow or over the weekend which never happens (I am guessing because of silly arguments).
You can understand how one loses his patience when invested serious amounts I am on noone's side I am on my side and support whoever is a  benefit to the coin. ACT NOW!

Zach just do what you feel is within reasonable limits and will not do long term damage but do it NOW for ....k sake don't wait for everyone's response we will have time later for politics once we are up and running!.
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:17:57 AM

no one needs to hand over anything just stop the arguments now and do an in between solution that's what I am saying as if we keep going like this it will not end up good. All we keep hearing that this guy or that guy will do the patch tomorrow or over the weekend which never happens (I am guessing because of silly arguments).
You can understand how one loses his patience when invested serious amounts I am on noone's side I am on my side and support whoever is a  benefit to the coin. ACT NOW!

mullick is working on the code as I am typing now there is no way I am going to trust ahmed or tranz with the fix as they are part of the cause mullick might take his time but he will do a good job

when I say it will be x day or x person I am only going by what people tell me would you rather I don't say anything ?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »
  Print  

Jump to: