View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lolcust

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 03:38:06 PM

change the license

I think he will rather part with the mortal coin via honorable Seppuku than change the license Wink

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
NMC: N6YQFkH9Gn9CTm4mpGwuLB5zLzqWTWFw67
BTC: 15F8xbgRBA1XZ4hmtdFDUasroa2A5rYg8M
GEG: gK5Lx6ypWgr69Gw9yGzE6dsA7kcuCRZRK
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4452
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 04:05:55 PM

Since the winning chain is the one with the most difficulty (NOT the one with the most height as a lot people incorrectly believe) then there would statistically be no difference with mining low difficulty or high difficulty since the total difficulty of what is mined would statistically be expected to be the same ..............

The only advantage of mining at lower difficulty would be that the variance is more predictable

Yeah knowing the details of how Bitcoin works is more useful than being a script kiddie with an inferiority complex Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
doobadoo

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 05:20:34 PM

So will the NameCoin attack continue as planned?  Will you also go after SolidCoin or will they fix it in time?  The suspense!

--
D

"It is, quite honestly, the biggest challenge to central banking since Andrew Jackson." -evoorhees
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 06:24:50 PM

Namecoin on schedule

Solidcoin- no need to attack Solidcoin with Coinhunter running the show  Grin

Seriously SC is over, with his "kill switch" no one will have faith in a system that can be shutoff at the whim of the creator or possibly exploited by an outside force.

Also I have been informed that SA has their collective panties in wad over this and I have been "Dox'd"....targeted by the IRS (ROFL)....

If they Dox'd anyone, it was the wrong person  Grin

Well attacking namecoin isn't going to get you a GG exchange either. Good luck with convincing anyone who has an operational exchange to support any additional alt-chains.

You would think he would just give up and say fine i'm over it let's keep mining and exchanging. But no.
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 06:56:13 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2011, 07:11:49 PM by johnj

Good luck with convincing anyone who has an operational exchange to support any additional alt-chains.

I think this is a wonderful idea.

I think alt-chains are great.  But I think they're worthless if they don't add something profoundly valuable.

A *coin value value should only be what the -idea- is worth.  Value in the idea is represented first by the growth and sustained Ghash. If a coin has enough of a 'faithful' userbase to sustain it for (for fun lets say) 3 months w/o an exchange, that means people aren't mining for immediate value, they're mining for future value - that many people think the idea has a future.  Get that under your belt before you start -instantly- trading it for another *coin/currency.

Edit: Also, I think this would curb the typical scenario:

Alt-chain opens: Hash-farms explode the difficulty and gobble up low difficulty coins.  Exchange opens within hours and harsh farms start selling off their instantcoins for an immense increase in hash-efficiency opposed to mining bitcoin. Most of the (gullible) people buying are going to be those who can't mine themselves due to having lesser rigs that simply can't compete with the huge farms at low difficulty. Because a *coin instantly has a /btc value it attracts huuuge farms (not a bad thing, not hating, I would too in a heartbeat).  It's the nature of the beast.

However if  you don't have an exchange right away, it changes some things.  Sure the mega farms can jump in and get some easy coins, but their less inclined to -stay-.  When the leave, the difficulty will go down which allow more -people- with lesser rigs to obtain the *coin.  If the *coin is to have any success against bitcoin, it's beginnings need to be evenly distributed to -people- who will use it.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
Cosbycoin

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 07:01:21 PM

Good luck with convincing anyone who has an operational exchange to support any additional alt-chains.

I think this is a wonderful idea.

I think alt-chains are great.  But I think they're worthless if they don't add something profoundly valuable.

A *coin value value should only be what the -idea- is worth.  Value in the idea is represented first by the growth and sustained Ghash. If a coin has enough of a 'faithful' userbase to sustain it for (for fun lets say) 3 months w/o an exchange, that means people aren't mining for immediate value, they're mining for future value - that many people think the idea has a future.  Get that under your belt before you start -instantly- trading it for another *coin/currency.

I agree. But keep in mind I'm not the one pushing hard for the exchange.
EricJ2190

Activity: 134
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 07:56:11 PM

Namecoin has unique features which ArtForz and I both recognize that will make it almost impossible to patch.

No Namecoin doesn't use Time Adjustment, but other functions in NMC open this up. 51% is not required for Namecoin.

Could you point give us or point us to a description of the Namecoin problem? I haven't been able to locate documentation of it myself.
Sekioh

Activity: 181

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 08:52:57 PM

A *coin value value should only be what the -idea- is worth.  Value in the idea is represented first by the growth and sustained Ghash. If a coin has enough of a 'faithful' userbase to sustain it for (for fun lets say) 3 months w/o an exchange, that means people aren't mining for immediate value, they're mining for future value - that many people think the idea has a future.  Get that under your belt before you start -instantly- trading it for another *coin/currency.

I'm twosided with this, for one you're right keeping the spike and dump out is good for the coin, but also, if theres no exchange of at least services then it will never pick up as a currency, only as a side commodity to trade against BTC. A currency has to have volume traded. You're acting more along the lines of commodity than currency that way, to hold for future value is a commodity market or investment concept.

<OPEN MONEY | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
███████████████    ▬▬▬▬▬▬ Blockchain Meets Mainstream! ▬▬▬▬▬▬    ███████████████
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram>
johnj

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 08:57:33 PM

I'm twosided with this, for one you're right keeping the spike and dump out is good for the coin, but also, if theres no exchange of at least services then it will never pick up as a currency, only as a side commodity to trade against BTC. A currency has to have volume traded. You're acting more along the lines of commodity than currency that way, to hold for future value is a commodity market or investment concept.

Yeah, I see your point on treating it like a commodity, but only for the first month(s).  Enough to work out the kinks and gain a credible network.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4452
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 12:10:16 AM

Namecoin on schedule

Solidcoin- no need to attack Solidcoin with Coinhunter running the show  Grin

Seriously SC is over, with his "kill switch" no one will have faith in a system that can be shutoff at the whim of the creator or possibly exploited by an outside force.

Also I have been informed that SA has their collective panties in wad over this and I have been "Dox'd"....targeted by the IRS (ROFL)....

If they Dox'd anyone, it was the wrong person  Grin
Kill switch? Either you or he is giving him too much credit.

On the rare occasion that I look at SC I run my modified version of the modified standard bitcoin opensource client/server with no issues at all
(including getting blocks into the chain)

I guess all the sheep that download the executable may have a kill switch in their program, but where pray tell is this so called kill switch in my version? (i.e. it doesn't exist)
Yes he may be able to kill everyone who downloads the binary, but mine will keep running as long as the chain isn't taken over using the usual methods.

Also - glad to see you didn't understand my earlier post Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
joulesbeef

Activity: 476

moOo

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 12:35:49 AM

I love how you try to step back from your douchedum. Getting a little blowback? are we doucheexpress?
You get all the exchanges closed down and want people to take your word for it you wont use this power to steal.
"hey I'm going to break into your home when you are out but dont worry I just want to show you your locks are shit, I wont take nothing, trust me I am a douche"

claims he wants to do no harm, only testing but refuses to use the testnets set up for that.

Claims he isnt being malacious but then later claims he is developing an alt chain killer.

Nice try at dedouching yourself, but you are still a douche.

mooo for rent
Cosbycoin

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 12:40:43 AM

I love how you try to step back from your douchedum. Getting a little blowback? are we doucheexpress?
You get all the exchanges closed down and want people to take your word for it you wont use this power to steal.
"hey I'm going to break into your home when you are out but dont worry I just want to show you your locks are shit, I wont take nothing, trust me I am a douche"

claims he wants to do no harm, only testing but refuses to use the testnets set up for that.

Claims he isnt being malacious but then later claims he is developing an alt chain killer.

Nice try at dedouching yourself, but you are still a douche.

JB has a point BCX. You need to consider that what comments you've made these past few days has been taken very seriously. Given the extreme circumstances of these alt chains being completely obliterated is cause enough for people to have their doubts.

I'm still stunned you are going to still move forward on attacking the namecoin network given all that has unfolded.
joulesbeef

Activity: 476

moOo

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 12:49:41 AM

I should have linked at least one comment that really highlights his bipolar attitude.

from here

1) What effect would this have on exchanges especially Bitparking, DoubleC has been really cool and don't want to cause undue trouble for him.

except forcing him to close his exchanges down and have to deal with emails of angry people wanting their coins back.

then here

I'm not looking to do damage, just test.

Double spend to the wallets would be cool. I also guess you could double spend at the exchanges too, not so cool.

trust me I wont do anything malicious, even though I could have used the testnet.. You could get a raging clue from the name.. TESTNET.

and then this one.. bolding mine

Goals
1) Developing protection for Bitcoin against exploits
2) Developing a lethal alt chain killer.
3) Making developers aware that when the "bad guys" make you aware of an exploit, FIX IT!

but really he's not trying to make anyone lose money.. just if you got coins trade them now

You have until block 19100 to withdraw, trade or do whatever you like. We will not launch until then.

of course if you are someone not following the forums currently, thinking your from jerks testing theories on the live chain rather than the testnet, perhaps you wont get this message.. BUT DONT WORRY HE ISNT TRYING TO GET ANYONE TO LOSE MONEY, EXCEPT HE IS GOING TO MAKE A LOT OF PEOPLE LOSE MONEY.

who do we believe? the slightly less douchey bitcoinexpress, or the megadouche douchebagexpress? they seem to be totally different people.

mooo for rent
Cosbycoin

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 12:51:26 AM

I should have linked at least one comment that really highlights his bipolar attitude.

from here

1) What effect would this have on exchanges especially Bitparking, DoubleC has been really cool and don't want to cause undue trouble for him.

except forcing him to close his exchanges down and have to deal with emails of angry people wanting their coins back.

then here

I'm not looking to do damage, just test.

Double spend to the wallets would be cool. I also guess you could double spend at the exchanges too, not so cool.

trust me I wont do anything malicious, even though I could have used the testnet.. You could get a raging clue from the name.. TESTNET.

and then this one.. bolding mine

Goals
1) Developing protection for Bitcoin against exploits
2) Developing a lethal alt chain killer.
3) Making developers aware that when the "bad guys" make you aware of an exploit, FIX IT!

but really he's not trying to make anyone lose money.. just if you got coins trade them now

You have until block 19100 to withdraw, trade or do whatever you like. We will not launch until then.

of course if you are someone not following the forums currently, thinking your from jerks testing theories on the live chain rather than the testnet, perhaps you wont get this message.. BUT DONT WORRY HE ISNT TRYING TO GET ANYONE TO LOSE MONEY, EXCEPT HE IS GOING TO MAKE A LOT OF PEOPLE LOSE MONEY.

who do we believe? the slightly less douchey bitcoinexpress, or the megadouche douchebagexpress? they seem to be totally different people.

+1
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: