Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:27:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Z9 list of working pools/Fork updates  (Read 36809 times)
acidrush

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:12:03 AM

Guys it's pretty fast to just test it. If you won't, I will when I get home.
Some fan designs work better this way.

It works, i am seeing about 5 degree drop in temperature.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sprucemoose78

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 08:26:07 AM

Is it possible that your fan had been set the wrong way from the factory? Can you confirm which direction the air flows now after you switched? And how about sound, did it change in any way (especially the pitch)?
kahc

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 08:28:52 AM

Those readings are working against physics and definitely not accurate.
acidrush

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 08:29:55 AM

Is it possible that your fan had been set the wrong way from the factory? Can you confirm which direction the air flows now after you switched? And how about sound, did it change in any way (especially the pitch)?

The fan used to suck air in, now its blowing out. Speed is about 1k rpm less.
greyday (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 08:40:48 AM

Not necessarily. The difference between the efficacy of push or pull would be determined by the design and layout of chips/hot spots as well, not simply direction.
greyday (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 08:42:17 AM

I only reversed the airflow

My temps at 750mhz:
Before: 67-71° at 80%
Now: 54-59 at 70%

To avoid confusion, it pushed air in, now it is pulling air out, correct?
kahc

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 09:07:10 AM

Not necessarily. The difference between the efficacy of push or pull would be determined by the design and layout of chips/hot spots as well, not simply direction.

I have a Z9 mini myself and seen the inside, there is no way for an exhaust fan to be more efficient than an intake fan, placed either side of the Z9 mini.
Pulling air out of Z9 mini is like placing a dense fabric air filter in front of the intake, restricting the airflow and reducing the efficiency.
acidrush

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 09:55:03 AM

To avoid confusion, it pushed air in, now it is pulling air out, correct?

correct
acidrush

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 09:58:32 AM

I'm not an expert. Before this, my chip temps were 72, 69, 72. Fan rpm was 4.2k to 4.3k

now they are 65,64,65 and fan rpm 3.2k rpm

acidrush

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 10:00:23 AM

I have a Z9 mini myself and seen the inside, there is no way for an exhaust fan to be more efficient than an intake fan, placed either side of the Z9 mini.
Pulling air out of Z9 mini is like placing a dense fabric air filter in front of the intake, restricting the airflow and reducing the efficiency.

Whats the difference between pushing and pulling air through the same space?
kahc

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 12:37:52 PM

The fan on Z9 mini is both High static pressure and High CFM.

In push configuration the fan pulls in air from the open with nothing resisting and allows more air to push the heat away from the heatsinks.
When you set the fan to pull air out of the Z9 mini, the components inside cause blockage which slows the fan down.

Pull or Push configuration on High static pressure and high CFM fans should produce similar results.

acidrush

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 12:47:53 PM

The fan on Z9 mini is both High static pressure and High CFM.

In push configuration the fan pulls in air from the open with nothing resisting and allows more air to push the heat away from the heatsinks.
When you set the fan to pull air out of the Z9 mini, the components inside cause blockage which slows the fan down.

Pull or Push configuration on High static pressure and high CFM fans should produce similar results.

thank you for your reply. Like i said, i'm no expert but i am seeing lower temps and slower fan speed so its quieter and cooler now.
uabuner

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 03:18:58 PM

may be you should post it on z9 general topics https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3509006.1480 not on this pool/fork topics.

IMO ...also not an expert
considering
- current thermodynamics law
- chipe temp measurement is not 100% accurate (may be close)
- i do not know the placement of measurement sensor
- other things
you might want to (DWYOR)
overclock it more... I believe the stable oc is now at 15-17...you might get 20 (or burn it before you get to 20) ...by deceive the temp sensor
but again.. I just tempting your couriosity, and other who has spare/experimental unit at home... Grin in case you do..post it ..will you ..on generic z9 mini talk  Grin Grin
I ve read somewhere in the forum ..he/she has fried his/hers z9 ..most likely by OC it (sorry forgot the detail)
The point is ..consider the risk..

nevertheless its very interesting discovery
Krogfan

Activity: 11
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:56:59 PM

may be you should post it on z9 general topics https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3509006.1480 not on this pool/fork topics.

IMO ...also not an expert
considering
- current thermodynamics law
- chipe temp measurement is not 100% accurate (may be close)
- i do not know the placement of measurement sensor
- other things
you might want to (DWYOR)
overclock it more... I believe the stable oc is now at 15-17...you might get 20 (or burn it before you get to 20) ...by deceive the temp sensor
but again.. I just tempting your couriosity, and other who has spare/experimental unit at home... Grin in case you do..post it ..will you ..on generic z9 mini talk  Grin Grin
I ve read somewhere in the forum ..he/she has fried his/hers z9 ..most likely by OC it (sorry forgot the detail)
The point is ..consider the risk..

nevertheless its very interesting discovery

To burn the miner from OC must be extreme, I have 12 of them and accidentially got cooling for the room shut off twice, they got too hot and shut off during the night but after a reset they all worked just fine.....and that was as hot as they can get unless you put em in a fire lol Wink
Angelob

Activity: 9
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 12:26:05 AM

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you are creating false readings and you are putting stress on the unit.

There are 4 chips on each board and  3 x boards, total of 12 chips, the sensor is on the last chip to the rear bottom of each board, the other 3 chips on the board are at the front near the fan, if you reverse the fan the sensored chip is getting cold air first and the other 3 chips on the board are getting hotter air, also the senor pcb is getting fresh air first, not good scenario for the 3 unsensord chips which is now hotter than the sensored chip and the fan is not activating to their real temps.

Normally they are always cooler than the sensored chip and have no need to be monitored.

Cheers.
Eisenkopf89

Activity: 262
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 05:40:37 AM

Is nicehash still not working with the Z9 mini?
boo50

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

lux8.net

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:27:41 AM

need mining support on our ZEN pool --> https://zen.nibirupool.com
there are only few brave gpu miners  Cheesy and they are still hitting blocks

acidrush

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:38:19 AM

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you are creating false readings and you are putting stress on the unit.

There are 4 chips on each board and  3 x boards, total of 12 chips, the sensor is on the last chip to the rear bottom of each board, the other 3 chips on the board are at the front near the fan, if you reverse the fan the sensored chip is getting cold air first and the other 3 chips on the board are getting hotter air, also the senor pcb is getting fresh air first, not good scenario for the 3 unsensord chips which is now hotter than the sensored chip and the fan is not activating to their real temps.

Normally they are always cooler than the sensored chip and have no need to be monitored.

Cheers.

Thank you for this very important information.

Cheers!
d.v.

Activity: 48
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:32:11 PM

Is nicehash still not working with the Z9 mini?

as far as we know, it's still not working with high rejects and low hashrates. y not give it another go and report back?
blackburst67

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:33:47 AM

For general information, what coin are you mining right now with your Z9 mini ? ZEN, ZCL, ZEC ?  Cool
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: