Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:27:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Creepy crypto stories.  (Read 131 times)
radmilevich (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 09:58:33 AM

Hey guys, we are collecting the stories about how people lived and whom they were before they first entered the crypto world, trying to understand why they decided to enter it and what complexities they had faced. We've faced several friends' stories about recession and recovery, about risking everything and losing or winning, about throwing away money from the window while the police raid, about torture and threats from other people.
You are very welcome to share your story of whom you were before learning about crypto world and what was your driving thoughts while changing your interest to crypto. Which are the most creepy situation related to crypto you've got into?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EEEian

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:04:37 AM

Yes. Sold ECC a couple days ago (before it got posts in this sub). Then I couldn't get my money off the exchange (it was BTC) so I turned it into ETH. Then I couldn't get the ETH off for some reason, so I changed ETH into PRL. Then I found out that PRL also had a BTC pair, so I wasted fees for nothing. I transferred out PRL to my wallet, and a day later, ECC did well.
radmilevich (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:19:24 AM

Yes. Sold ECC a couple days ago (before it got posts in this sub). Then I couldn't get my money off the exchange (it was BTC) so I turned it into ETH. Then I couldn't get the ETH off for some reason, so I changed ETH into PRL. Then I found out that PRL also had a BTC pair, so I wasted fees for nothing. I transferred out PRL to my wallet, and a day later, ECC did well.
EEEian, thank you for your reply. Sounds like bad luck but I hope everything's gonna be alright Smiley if possible - could you please tell me what were you doing as a job or passion before you entered the crypto market? PM is also good. I'm not really deep into crypto (probably cause I'm a woman and not that smart for these things) but I want to learn people motivation and collect stories of fails and success. How does it feel like to risk and lose (or win), or is there any fear of something or other driver which makes you constantly monitor the market?
SUDARMONO

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:22:03 AM

Before entering the world of cryptocurrency I am a factory worker with very little salary which sometimes is still lacking for living expenses and having to use for feeding needs, therapy after I learn crypto and can make money from crypto, all can be fulfilled from result of cryptocurrency I decided out from the factory.
radmilevich (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:25:32 AM

Before entering the world of cryptocurrency I am a factory worker with very little salary which sometimes is still lacking for living expenses and having to use for feeding needs, therapy after I learn crypto and can make money from crypto, all can be fulfilled from result of cryptocurrency I decided out from the factory.
Thank you, Sudarmono. Were there any circumstances or situations when you felt unsafe?
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 10:26:55 AM

This is just my opinion, but the blue text is kind of hard to look at.

I've read a story on Reddit once about someone committing suicide because they had lost a massive amount of Bitcoins in a hack.
Right after that, the price started rising and he committed suicide.

This is more sad than creepy, but it's just something that stuck with me.

I think this was the thread, though I'm not 100% sure (I thought it was longer)
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/7hmjdw/my_brother_killed_himself_because_of_btc/

nathan@paralux

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:31:17 AM

I've read a story on Reddit once about someone committing suicide because they had lost a massive amount of Bitcoins in a hack.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/7hmjdw/my_brother_killed_himself_because_of_btc/

I came here to talk about this one! Definitely sad, lots of people out there who have lost BTC - to hacks or just lost.. Definitely has to sting...
catchandeat

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:31:51 AM

The most scary thing is buying the wrong token with a quite the same token name but with a small difference in 1 letter (like XPR or something). And then you realize you've bought a trash coin. But it's altual only for newbies
radmilevich (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:34:21 AM

Thanks, eternalgloom. Gonna use default color then.

Yes, I've read this story - that is really sad and stuck in my mind as well. But I am sure there is so much more stories to be told as well. I want to learn them and understand which role crypto plays in human life. Is it kind of escape from boring job role, or the future of the whole world. The most interesting stories are when, for example, there was a school teacher, who quit his job and entered crypto market, decided to change his life and did it. Or did not.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:35:38 AM

Hey guys, we are collecting the stories about how people lived and whom they were before they first entered the crypto world, trying to understand why they decided to enter it and what complexities they had faced. We've faced several friends' stories about recession and recovery, about risking everything and losing or winning, about throwing away money from the window while the police raid, about torture and threats from other people.
You are very welcome to share your story of whom you were before learning about crypto world and what was your driving thoughts while changing your interest to crypto. Which are the most creepy situation related to crypto you've got into?

My life got completely changed after being into crypto world and the life was entirely different before entering into the crypto world. I also have lots of experiences that I would like to share with you all. First I became the part of crypto world by joint survey campaign and get payment in return for writing for them, for the first time when I wrote, my account got banned and the copied and paste the text from others post then I will come to know about the procedure and now I am earning enough to be a self sufficient man.
dumiya

Activity: 189

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 06:22:28 AM

For me, It is about buying at wrong time.
I bought considerable amount of a particular token 1 month ago assuming that the token price would go up and I will be able to sell at profit. However, price gone down drastically after my purchase. Almost 50% price reduction at the moment. When I look at my blockfolio app, I feel sad that I bought the token at the wrong time. Usually I don't sell my crypto assets at a loss. I think I have to hold the token for a longer time than I thought instead of getting a quick profit.
I still believe that the company tied to this token has a good potential in the future.
theyRmose

Activity: 128

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:29:29 AM

I just want to ask why you are wearing blue for this text?
This color makes my eyes work hard. I think the black color is much better.
Then what do you call a scary story? I do not see any horror stories in your post.
yazher

Activity: 2170
Merit: 585

You own the pen

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:37:55 AM

i was a jobless guy, just hanging with my friend all day long. until some frien introduce this site to me.  here i learn more a lot about crypto and beginning to earn some of my daily needs not bad at all. a little thing on their eyes means a big thing to me.. i want to thank the one who made this site personally.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
DannyMarco

Activity: 99

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:37:39 AM

Though I'm new in this big world but i believe that I'm on the right way.
oscarrsm

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:06:29 AM

I read all the time terrible stories in the news. A man was killed in Turkey because of bitcoin. Then there was the story about the family and the robbery. And some kind of blogger in Russia was found hanged in his own apartment.
All these stories are terrible. But we live in times of strong stratification of society. The line between beggars and the middle class is very large. People kill each other because of the phone, because of 100 dollars. And the cost of cryptocurrency is much higher. Everyone is safe until nobody knows about you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: