Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:44:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How we can stop scam ICOs lanching?  (Read 1385 times)
cryptomichael87 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:30:42 AM

I think we should protect to issue scam ICOs in the crypto market. It creates misconception between new user and about market. What you think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:33:50 AM

You can't stop people from launching ICOs. However, you can educate people and make them be able to distinguish a scam from a legit project. It's not an easy task though, people are no longer interested in learning, they just want profit so they'll put their money in any project that have a high score in TokenMarket or other scoring sites.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:38:51 AM

You can't stop people from launching ICOs. However, you can educate people and make them be able to distinguish a scam from a legit project. It's not an easy task though, people are no longer interested in learning, they just want profit so they'll put their money in any project that have a high score in TokenMarket or other scoring sites.

That's right, people are too focus on making money without even making any effort on knowing more about the market.
Basically we cannot not stop ICO's from launching since we don't know yet if its a scam or not and the moment they live their ICO and make more details about the project then that is the time when we can spread news about scam ICO's. We should educate people now on how this market works, just tell them the things they need to know before they invest.
pxo.011

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:47:46 AM

I think we should protect to issue scam ICOs in the crypto market. It creates misconception between new user and about market. What you think?
we cant but we should not help them it was sad because scamming is a daily routine of some people.
vending

Activity: 48

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:36:36 AM

In my opinion, before setting up ICOs we need to look into as much detail as possible, which we need to look at "who created this ICOs project?" There are so many fraudulent acts in ICOs that it makes new people afraid, so my advice is to be careful in determining ICOs projects.
RuslanSamui

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:37:49 AM

Hello everyone, I'm engaged in bounty projects, and I'm very upset about this amount of scum. about 10 percent ICo is fraud
Alexmagn84

Activity: 517

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:57:42 AM

I think you can not stop it but unfortunately if you can avoid this scam ICO. If you can joined any ICO the before you can check ICO team. It way give you strong stable information and search good ICO.

cherryfer

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:02:38 PM

We have nothing to do about scam of ICO launching because first of all we don't determine what is legit or fake we have noticed after the end of their activities, so for me every ICO lounching I have to appreciate and trying to cooperate who knows this is a good ICO project  bringing to the good intention serving to all people.
ICOquora.org
Copper Member

Activity: 123

Best Campaign Manager & Signature Designer

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:37:46 PM

We can't stop scam ICO project  launching because we don't know that which project will scam or which project will hit. A newbie must aware investing in ico project . First they need to know how to analysis an ico project. We need to collect scammed ico project owner information so that they can't launch new project. If they launch then we will know that him/his project will scam.
modhithawm

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:56:33 PM

Yeas I'm agree with him !! most investors rely on the information base on ICO scoring sites.
Mohamme

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:06:47 PM

This is actually a very dangerous thing, because if you have enough money for these review sites.
Even a fraudulent ICO program will have a high score.

tradepin11

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:09:57 PM

all countries are rules & regulations for ico launching then save to scam. it's my opinion.
icemantaurus

Activity: 223
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:12:42 PM

No one could really stop a scam ico to launch, all we have to do is not to invest to such ico. The question is how we identify such ico. An individual must do some serious research on their selected ico. How? It's on this forum do some readings and you'll be enlightened.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 01:15:31 PM

many icos arent scams actually they are just failed icos, how to distinguish those?

gesdan

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:21:45 PM

I think we can stop the scam in ICO launching but I think we can try to prevent us to invest in bitcoin ICO, with do some reserach about the the project and the CEo and the developer befiore invest in it, so you can stop to invest in the scam project

VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:28:06 PM

There's no way we can stop scammers from creating their own coin and launch an ICO because anyone can do this without any permission from a central authority or government. But of course we can do something to prevent beginners as well as other crypto investors from being scammed by fake ICOs, it is to warn or guide everyone on how not to be a victim of ICO scams. But do we really need to do it? for me no, it is for everyone to know. If you want to invest on something you should understand what it does and what is it for, right? so even you are a beginner you should do some research before putting your money into a project. And if you do your research you will notice that there are lots of scam and you will know or learn how to avoid them.
Thatsit

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 01:40:43 PM

Yes, your idea is correct. But I think it's a bit difficult to predict. Because most of the time, we can not understand what is going to happen in the end even after we verify it. And by this scam case came forward. The newcomer is interrupted and the wrong idea comes. But I think it should be more careful and the experts should consult. This will reduce the scam.  Roll Eyes
O9NpJ9ld1opS

Activity: 176

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World"

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:43:00 PM

Scam icos are ruining the reputation of cryptocurrencies. Some just ran away after collecting money, while some just remains good in  paper only without no much development after the ICO. What we need is strict regulations. Regulation are actually good for ICO'S as well for cryptocurrencies as a whole. It will help in mass adoption.
andeonnut

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:45:02 PM

I think the only way to stop them is for people to lose interest in investing in them. Which I think may happen over time.

▰▰▰   MODULE   ▰▰▰
▐▃ CRYPTOECONOMIC ECOSYSTEM ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK ▃▌
https://modltoken.io/
tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:16:58 PM

Thanks to the Security and exchange comission (SEC)  for trying to regulate and prevent the crypto community from scam ICO. This I think is going to help prevent scam ICOs and people should watchout and be careful of where they invest. Search for their team , project idea, location, identity, make sure they are not anonymous.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  All
  Print  

Jump to: