Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:13:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How we can stop scam ICOs lanching?  (Read 1387 times)
speedy1987

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:12:26 PM

I think we should protect to issue scam ICOs in the crypto market. It creates misconception between new user and about market. What you think?

I think we cannot stop scammer here and real life too. But the only option is we can ignore them or protect themselves by researching. If you find any of the scammer give a negative trust to punish them.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
noobrik

Activity: 84
Merit: 2

I know nothing, I'm mostly just winging it.

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:15:59 PM

You can't stop people from launching ICOs. However, you can educate people and make them be able to distinguish a scam from a legit project. It's not an easy task though, people are no longer interested in learning, they just want profit so they'll put their money in any project that have a high score in TokenMarket or other scoring sites.
True! The so-called "scorers" will give good scores for BTC
s0beit

Activity: 556
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:17:42 PM

I think we should protect to issue scam ICOs in the crypto market. It creates misconception between new user and about market. What you think?

As long as there's no regulation on ICOs, we cannot stop scam ICOs. It is actually easy for people to create their own ICO, some scam ICOs are just copying whitepapers and creating fake profiles for the team. If ICOs are reviewed and regulated before launched, there will be lesser chance for investors being scammed.
noobrik

I know nothing, I'm mostly just winging it.

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:25:14 PM

As long as there's no regulation on ICOs, we cannot stop scam ICOs. It is actually easy for people to create their own ICO, some scam ICOs are just copying whitepapers and creating fake profiles for the team. If ICOs are reviewed and regulated before launched, there will be lesser chance for investors being scammed.

Yes regulation is needed for ICOs, it would also help in making the crypto space more trustworthy
tisumagic

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:28:30 PM

We cannot stop it, we don't have any power in this sphere. Only SEC can make laws for this, so we all waiting for SEC regulation. Maybe it will be at the end of the year.
if there will indeed be such a regulation by the end of the year, this means that the current year is the worst year for ICO Investors. because many of them only get profit from the token sale, without further project development

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Tim Murray

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:36:47 PM

Now the market is teeming with scammers. And each time they are faster and more cunning. So, our task now is to be very vigilant and accurate. Try not to hurry and think a lot before investing your money.
Sergey698698

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:39:03 PM

Here only everything depends on the government.We need strict measures for the ICO.When they start to regulate, then we will get rid of scams.
modmalaney

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:56:37 PM

the scam is indeed troubling. This will make the ICO became difficult for receiving many investors because they fear a scam so it won't get anything in investing. so it may not give the results of analyzing either to choose ICO as an investment.
olsyd

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 07:32:58 PM

I think it is not a simple but very important task, for example, to create community something like crypto police but it is necessary to foresee and to prevent the possibility of such a community to abuse its power
jewealim

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 11:54:21 AM

We can't prevent them from propelling their ico on the grounds that we can't know whether their undertaking is trick toward the start. A portion of the venture that swings to trick has great whitepaper, site. Some of them convey too their undertaking however at the plain end transforms into nothing and simply leave the task. I think the main path for us isn't to contribute on this and before that obviously we require some data about their organization and other route is to contribute just what cash we can lose.
DEVIDIRUS

Activity: 152
Merit: 18

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 05:14:07 PM

I think if we legalize crypto in whole world, government can regulate ICOs and therefore there will be not so many scam ICOs
Gurjasmeet
Copper Member

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 05:30:50 PM

I think it is impossible to stop of launching ico's. because lot of people launched ico's only for scamming.thinking of most of people is earnings without hard working. it couldn't be easier l think so.
take_off

Activity: 396
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 05:32:13 PM

I think it is not a simple but very important task, for example, to create community something like crypto police but it is necessary to foresee and to prevent the possibility of such a community to abuse its power

Previously I had a look at an ICO project, but that project was aimed at analyzing and inspecting other ICO projects. To avoid scams from fake ICOs or bad projects
elitemobb

Activity: 579
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 05:59:27 PM

This question is of concern to most of the crypto-community since large investments come in projects, but there is no sense from them, and also many projects cannot collect the desired amount for their development, although their potential is huge.
tridverju
Copper Member

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 06:03:44 PM

Unfortunately, you cannot do anything about it. We just need to be more careful and not to invest in every ICO that is coming at the market. Without bounty hunters and investors support, no project will survive. So be advised and avoid scam projects.
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 06:08:19 PM

We can't stop launching scam ICO but we can know the way of detecting scam ICO. The possibility of scam ICO launching may reduce soon. There is some platform which is being built for regulating ICO within blockchain. Maybe, that will be a good solution.
Lewan

Activity: 1008
Merit: 19

Backed.Finance

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 06:13:38 PM

We can not stop. If we stop a few of them, we can't stop the rest because there's too many. We can't get ahead of Scam, but we can dig it up.

Rohtox

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 06:18:17 PM

yeah right, a lot of ico scams now i think this is because ico's popularity last year was a lot of success and made people want to invest in ico but in fact many ico scams were made to deceive investors and many investors were disappointed because of that. hopefully in the future this will end soon and investors come back to invest

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
anjuara29

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 06:31:38 PM

Actually, it's not possible to stop scam ICO because after collecting a huge amount of money they run away and broke the investors hurt. Before scam their all activity was right and that's why investors get the trust to invest their ICO. I think we can aware the peoples about it and I think in this way we can stop this unexpected situation.
Cling18

Activity: 1708
Merit: 126

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 06:43:32 PM

We could stop anybody in joining iCo's because most of us focus on making money. We can't control those who wants to earn through it. We can't also do anything to eliminate scam because some people are also busy fooling people so we must just be alert and smart all the time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: